Warning: file_get_contents(https://vimeo.com/api/oembed.json?url=http://www.vimeo.com/18620256&width=640): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /var/www/html/ski-forum/includes/xtrafunctions.php on line 3631
The Arlberg snow report 2010/2011 (9), snowHeads ski forum
 Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg snow report 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
I never realized he had a problem, but it was a long time ago when I knew him. Great to hear he's doing well now.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sah, we've had a good chat with him the last few times we've been there. Talks very openly about his 'demons'. He's some lad and wish him all the best.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nozawaonsen, you're famous http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/partner-friends/partner-friends-2.html Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Radar shows some heavy precipitation moving through St Anton tonight - I'm hoping that's falling as snow.... Question
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like snow on the st christoph webcam ! snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
About a couple of cm on the ground in st Anton on the way home from a very good meal at the museum tonight Happy still snowing Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A little dusting of Dandruff overnight (few cms) . Fohn from the South West,Temperature today is 0C/+1C. Austrian Radio describe it as "extreme mild for the time of year".

Monday should see some decent snowfall
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton,
Quote:

Monday should see some decent snowfall

Hope so, coming sat 15th and getting a bit panicky!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Markymark29, Worry not! We arrived to rain a couple of years ago in March. Within 24hrs the temp had dropped to -10 and it snowed and snowed.
24 hours is a long time in the mountains!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 17-01-11 11:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton, looks like heavy snow in sweden, zilch for the alps according to that Crying or Very sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The rescue Helicopters have been running pretty much nonstop the last few days and you can see why !!

http://youtube.com/v/bpOUDfzM6Ws
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hmm. My boarding friend has just returned with concussion from when a kid ploughed into her. What are the chances of it being caught on a random YouTube video???
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oddly enough on that same stretch last season I spotted a little kid whizzing down the slope out of control, and no sign of an adult with him. Surprise surprise less than a minute later he stacked it, thankfully catching on a mogul rather than another piste user. Skis everywhere and kid in tears. I stopped and retreived his uphill ski and eventually parents appeared.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just to back up Stan's radar forecast, bergfex are forecasting up to 17cm 'dandruff' on Monday http://www.bergfex.com/stanton-stchristoph/wetter/ hopefully reliable but I bet I've just jinxed it now Shocked

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
red 27 wrote:
stanton, looks like heavy snow in sweden, zilch for the alps according to that Crying or Very sad

Have a look now Very Happy
latest report
Quote:

Have a look now

stanton, Is snow due in Arlberg area this week, I come next weekend with friends and wanting to do off-piste runs, any big dumps this next week?
ski holidays
Sitter, Shame the kid missed the pylon!! wink
ski holidays
Markymark29, it looks like there should be some snowfall in the Arlberg on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm not sure it will be a huge fall of snow, but it could be quite a bit. Wednesday's snow could be a bit rainy down in the village.

Towards the end of this week temperatures will be pretty mild and possibly quite sunny. South facing slopes will take a bit of a hit.

By next Sunday temperatures look like they will start to drop back towards seasonal average and then possibly falling below seasonal average midweek.

The Arlberg has been colder than the western Alps over the last few days and received less rain. As a result the slopes have been less damaged by the current milder spell.
snow report
Markymark29, I'm out on Friday and it looks perfect, fresh pistes and hot sunshine Very Happy
ski holidays
nozawaonsen, red 27, Thanks guys, it'll be great whatever............!!
snow conditions
Snow mon/ tues/wed Very Happy
Sitting in costa coffee in man int waiting for take off to st anton, getting very excited
Very Happy
ski holidays
Neilski, Enjoy. Heading to kappl on sunday
snow report
Quote:

Snow mon/ tues/wed

Neilski, looks like it could be snowing at some point during each of those days, but not snowing solidly all through those days (and likely to switch back and forth a little...). Still... should be some more new snow in first half of week (possibly going into Thursday)! wink
snow report
Don't worry its always good here Very Happy

Folk who book off Piste should always be advised to book the 2nd half of the season when there is a base & after a dump the snow is deep.

Live & Learn Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
Sitter, Shame the kid missed the pylon!! wink

He'd bailed long before that. Happened about 20m upslope of the clip. At least had he hit the pylon he'd have stayed on his feet...
snow report
Neilski wrote:
Snow mon/ tues/wed Very Happy
Sitting in costa coffee in man int waiting for take off to st anton, getting very excited
Very Happy

Don't get too excited. Conditions are poor. Ice, crust and brown trails everywhere. Not much snow expected. Rain due Thursday.
snow conditions
Whitegold, Are you there?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitegold wrote:

Don't get too excited. Conditions are poor. Ice, crust and brown trails everywhere. Not much snow expected. Rain due Thursday.

B u l l s h i t

The conditions are the best you can find anywhere n the Alps. Top of the mountain to Valley/town skiing
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
Whitegold, Are you there?

I am, kitenski. Been in Lech for the past few days.

There is top-to-bottom riding and 99% of the Arlberg lifts are open, but it's glassy onpiste and concrete offpiste. Snowdepths are someway below the longterm average.
ski holidays

Lech - 5cm of fresh snow this morning
latest report
St Anton webcams looking pretty snowy this morning - more dandruff Smile
latest report
Some New about Rendl Dias (Kappl) Maybe start 2013 !

http://tirol.orf.at/stories/489993/

http://www.tt.com/csp/cms/sites/tt/Tirol/1723767-2/gr%C3%BCne-fordern-no-go-areas-f%C3%BCr-skigebiete.csp

This coming Summer 2011 . New Gondola Albona (Stuben)
latest report
Working at the Mooserwirt

http://youtube.com/v/dZZe7wq_Tic
snow conditions
stanton, which one is you?
latest report
In st anton this week, conditions are good overall but there are a few icy pistes. Decent snowfall today but very poor light with whiteout in places.
ski holidays
Frankfurt rocks Lech am Arlberg Very Happy

http://www.vimeo.com/18620256
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
St Anton webcams looking pretty snowy this morning - more dandruff Smile

There was a good ~10cm in Lech and ~15cm at the summits.
snow report
Whitegold, Enjoy Smile
ski holidays
stanton, Any news about the planned lift from Rauz to Trittkopf/ Zurs? A good contact of mine in town says this is on the cards in next 2-3 years, apparently agreement by the locals has been reached.

I think it'll be a shame when Kappl in linked, it'll spoil Albona area IMO by all the Ischgl people coming over en-mass, but the above will be fantastic if and when it happens. Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy