Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF/Evo2 - La Rosiere - advice for children's lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at going to La Ros next season for our first family ski trip. Considering using Ski Esprit (you may have seen my other query regarding Spritelets) but as the kids will be 6 and 4, with Esprit they would be in classes in the morning (6yo) and afternoon (4yo) - and as we wish to spend some time with them we'd obviously prefer the classes to be either both morning or afternoon. This requirement could rule out Esprit....unless we do our own thing with ski school (yikes!).

So I've been looking into ESF (piou-piou and teddy bear levels) with the lunch option which should give us parents time to do a bit of skiing ourselves before collecting them from the lunch.

Does anyone have any recent experience of kid's ESF lessons in La Ros? Did their kids use the lunch club? Did it work ok? Fully appreciate that the week we are going is out of UK school hols and may coincide with French school hols, making the class more French heavy - guess this is the risk we will have to take if we want their lessons to coincide.

From what I've read here, ESF (and Evo2) in La Ros get good reviews - am I being unnecessarily analytical (I may well be as I enter my 34th consecutive night online researching ski resorts!) and should just throw caution to the wind? I think Evo2 are pretty much out of the equation as Esprit La Ros are Sun-Sun meaning independent lessons would need to be be Mon-Sat: ESF do Mon-Fri whereas Evo2 do Sat-Fri.

We'd be going in March (poss 16th or 23rd).

Thanks for reading - appreciate any input/advice/thoughts from anyone who's faced this dilemma.

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 29-03-13 9:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jesus, When is the 4 yr olds birthday? Are you planning on doing lessons before You go? The reason I ask is when I was getting quotes from Esprit for next season, I said that my 3yr old will have done spritelets this season and the lady on the phone said that we should put her down for sprite beginners for next season. I would suggest that if you do some pre-trip lessons and if your 4 yr old is closer to 5 than 4 that you may get away with booking them as Sprite as well. However you know your child. Certainly with my eldest I wouldn't have done that because she is very cautious girl. My youngest though is the complete opposite.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

When is the 4 yr olds birthday?

That's a good point - he'll be a couple of months over 4. If we were going this season he'd go into Spritelets...he's very active and adventurous and doesn't seem to have any of the caution his elder sister has! So I really want him to do lessons (I want them both to do lessons, just to be clear!)

We will do some pre-trip lessons but don't know if that would be enough to get him nearer the Esprit 5yo entry point! Think it might be worth another chat with them this weekend.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Our kids used ESF in La Ros from age 7 and 5 for 5 years on the trot. Never had any issues with them. The ESF school is (or at least was) made up of an extended family so most instructors grew up local and there seems to be a strong collective spirit. Once you get used to their slightly brusque Gallic nature, you will be fine. They don't molly coddle your kids but are keen to get them to progress - which should then make family time skiing more fun. I think the resort Esf manager is British (maybe married into a French family ?). The resort is great for families
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jesus, your holiday week is AFTER the French holidays - excellent week to choose!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From experience of Evo-2 in La Ros via Esprit when my daughter was 4, they were superb. The whole experience was excellent and we went on the same basis 3 times.

ESF also have an excellent rep AFAIK (I've had lessons with them). The resort manager certainly was British - no idea if he still holds that post, but I'd echo the points made by damobloke1.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
UPDATE - have booked with Esprit in La Ros for next year (yippee!) and will put the children into ESF lessons which will both be at the same time - leaving us free to enjoy the afternoons as a family.

Thanks to all who responded with some very useful input.

(I had a related post "Spritelets" on the forum but couldn't find a way to link one to the other).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jesus, glad you are sorted, when do you go?

Hope you all have a great time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy