Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter Ski Holiday - The Ups and Downs!

Poster: A snowHead
Returned from a week in Montgenevre.

The downs:
Baggage taken by mistake at Geneva Airport - Received at Mg 36 hours later.
Skis taken by mistake at mid station mountain restaurant - Returned approx 30 minutes later (not a long time but on the best day of the week for snow conditions!).
Only a 1 week holiday.

The ups:
Fantastic snow and weather, great holiday, managed to ski Sestrierre and Serre Chevaliere. Extremeley useful ski lesson and nice new goggles and ski trousers!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Fantastic snow and weather

Blimey, I think you are the first person I have heard of in the last month who had half-way decent weather.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

the first person I have heard of in the last month who had half-way decent weather.

our Easter week in Les Saisies was pretty good - one wall to wall blue sky and sunshine day, 2 very nice hazy sun days, 1 snow day, 1 rather foggy day, 1 clear but dull, 1 foggy morning, great sunny afternoon. The snow was terrific, and the pistes empty. After earlier forecasts of rain we were rather pleased.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Second Bluebird powder Wednesday in two years in L2A the week after Easter today, two very happy mini snowHeads exhausted and sound asleep now.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was the other side of the border in Sauze. The start of the week couldn't have been better. Three blue sky days, then a big dump, followed by a couple of grey days. It couldn't have been much better.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Last week in Austria - 3 sunny days (with fresh snow down), 2 snowy days, 2 cloudy days.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last week in Mayrhofen/Hintertux, two days of snow 4 days of sun and a Kasabian concert.

Tons of great o/p in the first half of the week after a big dump on Saturday and Sunday.

But did have a major disater at Edinburgh airport on the way out, one of the kids passports was out of data, EJ refused to let her fly.

However she is now enjoying herself in Alpe D'Huez this week after getting the one say service at the passport office.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

one of the kids passports was out of data, EJ refused to let her fly.

However she is now enjoying herself in Alpe D'Huez this week after getting the one say service at the passport office.

a grownup kid, presumably, so her responsibility? What a pain though, and expensive. She must have felt very forlorn as you flew off.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No it was worse than that, it was my fault, she is 12, I checked all the passports a month ago but didn't look at hers as it looked so new, forgetting that kids passports only last 5 year. I almost threw up and passed out at the check in desk when it became clear.

Luckily my ex was able to get down to the airport to pick her up, of course with it being Easter weekend, there was no way to get her out to Austria before Wednesday night, I did plan to do that and bought a BA flight for her but ended up jacking that idea in and instead bough a package deal for her and her mother to go out to ADH the following weekend.

So my failure to do a 5 second check cost my daughter and rest of the family a lot of disappointment, a lot of gut wrenching pain for me and my wallet £1300.

However my ex was delighted!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JimboS, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JimboS, I do feel for you. It must have been horrible, especially if you don't often have holidays with your daughter, and it's very easily done.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JimboS, Ouch, hope the wallet recovers!

How did the kids get on with Snowbombing? There were lots of jaded looking people in various branded memorabilia at the airport when we flew back! I'm tempted to take Jnr (11 at the moment) but feel he may be a tad too young for a couple of years.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
foxtrotzulu, it was fabulous blue skies most of the week in Verbier too, after a big snow dump Easter saturday night/sunday morning. The following Sunday had a lot of low cloud, but even then there were pockets of clear skies to be found all day in certain sections
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well now you ask, we have been to Mayrhofen every year at Easter except last year (due to a wedding) since 2000 so our paths have crossed frequently with Snowbombing, always positively. In the first 7 or 8 years I booked flights/accommodation independently, latterly when there has only been four of us, it has been cheap last minute package deals.

Now this year I booked late but since there are 8 of us, a last minute deal was out of the question, so I had a look at the snowbombing site, but it was too late there also, nothing left in the village.

Luckily I did find 4 rooms in the Peruar next to the Ahorn lift and used EJ flights and a hire minivan.

The upshot of all that was that the kids did not have wristbands, you can buy them separately at £200 a pop, but none of the older kids were interested enough in the line up to shell out £200. However they all did manage to blag there way into the Kasbian concert for free.

Now on to snowbombing, generally in the village there are a lot of happy good humored drunks about, no problem, but this year we did see a lot more "yobs" and fights in the street. Did not see any problems on the hill but somehow it just felt different, and in future would consider avoiding that week.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JimboS, thanks, useful to know.

I'm not sure we'd want to spend £200 for the whole lot, but would like to have seen Kasabian (I think I saw them last in 2004!). It's the yobs and fighting that would bother me too. We'll maybe leave it until Jnr is old enough to be a legal drunken yob in his own right!
ski holidays
Righting a wrong.

Six years on I finally rebooked for 9 of us to head back to the Hoff (getting the stars to align for 9 has not been easy). This time I got all the kids to send me a picture of their passport to check they were deffinately all still valid for March 30th next year. So there were be no airport dramas this time.

Going with Nielson to their Chalet hotel Ferienhof, anyone been there?
ski holidays
JimboS wrote:
Righting a wrong.

Six years on I finally rebooked for 9 of us to head back to the Hoff (getting the stars to align for 9 has not been easy). This time I got all the kids to send me a picture of their passport to check they were deffinately all still valid for March 30th next year. So there were be no airport dramas this time.

Can't help with your question, but I do remember your post of 6 years ago - well done!
ski holidays
JimboS wrote:
Righting a wrong.

You might want to make sure that the passports are valid for at least 6 months after your planned return date, we don't know what's going to happen with brexit, and this was the first check I did.
ski holidays
You may need a Travel Visa next Easter ..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy