Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

salomon or fischer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wander if you could give me some oppinion about these models...
I need a hybrid ski 70%-30% piste-freeride could be 60-40...There are two models think about..Ficher RX4 and Solomon CROSSMAX...CLEAVER.Smile
please help me
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hybrid, welcome to snowheads, I can't give you an opinion on Salomons, I'm not a fan of anything they produce, only ever owned one pair of Salomon skis but I did use a pair of Fishers RX4s for a number of seasons and loved them.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
10x...
I ski for about 11 years and i'm 17 now... i guess i will get the fischer ones... but i guess rx4 will be a bit hard for me i wander for rx7 8 or 9...as i want to feel good in the woods or when on avalanches..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hybrid, I have Fischer World cup slalom skis and they're great. Not too bad at all off piste - but they are very stiff. The RX4 should be fine for you, but make sure you get a short one. they're still quite stiff. If you can get a pair in Sofia I really recommend the Scott Aztec or this year's Scott P3. These are really super all- around skis. The Sztecs are quite expensive though. Have fun, and welcome to snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hybrid, If you're serious about the 40% off piste I wouldn't go for anything with less than 70mm waist and also wouldn't go short. A slalom rece ski would definitely not be on my short list.

easiski, I'm not sure how you can recommend a slalom race ski in one sentence and then say pick up Scott Aztecs, a mid fat, in the next Puzzled but I'd agree the Aztecs would fit the bill from a general spec and repuation (not skied them myself)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rich, the Aztec really isn't fat at all - very well shaped, super on piste, carves very well, passable edge grip on steep ice, and floats brilliantly off piste. It's about 60/40 on/off or maybe even 70/30. Expensive skis though. I really don'tsee why everyone goes so long off piste. Unless you're very comfortable you need something that turns and handles easily.

I stick to my view though, that I find the Fischer WCs fine in most off piste conditions - not crust obviously. Shock Shock
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, as a professional you've probably a better idea of what works and what doesn't. IMO it's very rare for anyone to spend a high percentage of their time off-piste, excluding ski-tourers of course. Like you, I've been skiing for many years, going off-piste in years past, on 205cms narrow skis never bothered me, it's just easier now on just about any ski. I can't understand why everyone gets so worked up about exact ski sizes, I ski on anything from 155cms slalom skis to 185cms all-mountain boards without any concerns, you just vary your technique depending on the characteristics of the ski.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, The Aztec is 78mm under foot, that's mid fat in anyones book.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rich, We call dat (76-80mm) lite-fat. 82-88 mm is midfat.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
comprex, who's we?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rich, Yanks??? Anyway - it doesn't FEEL like a fat ski!!!

David@traxvax, I go from about 150 - 170 now. I do try not to go above 170! funny when I used to ski on 200 or even longer in some cases. However I don't see the huge advantage to ski-ing long off piste unless you're going to really razz down the stuff a la videos. Most of us like short turns in the deep, so short skis are clearly an advantage!!!

BTW I get the mick taken something shocking by lots of the locals because of my preference for short slalom skis!! Makes me feel I belong though! Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
all thanks a lot guys... i think i will get the fischers rx...Smile)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy