Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moutiers - Val Thorens transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're catching the snow train to moutiers in Feb.

What is the best/cheapest way to get up to Val Thorens? Is it best to pre book this transfer?

snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a scheduled bus service, whether you could call this the best way depends on whether you like public transport. You just turn up and get a ticket at Moutiers train station. If there are enough of you a taxi may be a good idea but you will need to prebook this. Be sure to leave plenty of time for the trip down as conditions can get chaotic especially between Val Tho and Les Menuires if the weather is poor, you may also want to check about space on the way down, let the bus station know your return journey time.... at les Deux Alpes I've been in the situation where VFD buses only took people named on a list for a certain service.

Remember the snow train won't wait for you.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 2-11-05 8:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the advice davidof!

there will be 5 of us. do you know roughly what a taxi would cost?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've done that trip by bus and it's OK, though as Davidof said, if there's the slightest risk of snow falling on departure day, leave a good 2 or 3 extra hours safety margin for the way down.

A mini bus Cab costs in the region of €100-€140 each way.

We did a minibus taxi with 8, as it worked out at the same price as taking the bus and left a little sooner.
The earlier snowTrains get in about 30-45 mins before the bus ticket office opens which can be convenient for breakfast etc in the station Wink If the price is too high for 5, there is every possibility that u could grab 2 or 3 stray travellers on the train to make your numbers up for a minibus - we did a couple of times snowHead

I do have a number for a reliable minibus cab if u need it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
weirdonorskie, details of the bus service here.
Although it says "Booking is compulsory 48 hours before your trip", this was not so when I arrived at Moutier last year. The only nuisance was my train (not the snowtrain) arrived an hour before the first bus (0815 on a Friday).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy