Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apres Ski Song HELPPP

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone new poster on here!

Just came back from Schladming in Austria, Mainly go there every year just for the Hoenhauss Tenne. (If you've been there and love a party you probably know why its worth going every year!)

Heard a song out there, its one of those love to hate kind of songs that will not leave your head until youve found it.

Heres the rundown....

Girl group
3 of them
Song sounds like "cheeky cheeky cheeky cheeky cheeky cheeky song, chickychickychickychickychickychicky song, all night long"

theres a really awkward dance to it aswell, typical setting in the music video, wooden house in the mountains in the summer time.

someone must know it surely, it will bring back my faith in forums!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

http://youtube.com/v/eeYxGkqO-Kg this one?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
anarchicsaltire, you need to get out more matey Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Truly dreadful Laughing I managed 1;24 before hitting the mute button!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Brilliant, and there's a dance to go with it. The Frogs just can't touch this stuff.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll take a large beer and the one in black leather please NehNeh
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
haha sorry for the cheesiness guys.

but if you can stomp in a ski boot too it and have no shame after a few drinks ill be first in the cue Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shocked Laughing
I've just had to cleanse my ear'oles with a loud dose of Hubert Von Goisern!
Much of this in Schladming, adampalmer ?

http://youtube.com/v/l-XYBJOKNMg
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Come back robbie regenwurm all is forgiven Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jezus Maria! that is truly dreadful. What is it with Austrian music?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Die Drei Zillertaller - saw them at the Night Slalom at Semmering. Awesome.
At least you know where you are with Drei Zillertaller - does what it says on the tin.
"Hey du mit die sexy Schuh" who can resist...?

http://youtube.com/v/xnhtiKTwKf8
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Slightly more traditional Austrian folk music. The lyrics are well worth translating.

http://youtube.com/v/J51eEsYQELY
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We are still struggling to find (and then learn) the lyrics for the apres songs we found ourselves trying to join with in Austria. I can sometimes find what looks like the names, but annoyingly not the lyrics.

Two we were having fun with sort of went,

la da dee da swim, swim, swim, la da dee da dee strong, strong, strong, la da dee da dee, gross, gross, gross like a giraffe......and we spring, spring, spring etc. - I think its an Octoberfest song, but I am struggling to find a full set of apres lyrics.

The other very clearly went

heli, heli, heli Kopter, heli, heli, hey

Again I can find a video showing said helicopter, but no full lyrics.

Both had appropriate actions.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, Here you go

http://youtube.com/v/WS8YQK6x9BM
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fattes13, That's certainly one of them and that is an excellent video to learn the words from for next year (assuming these things get wheeled out each year) - the words are quite quick in places aren't they? Laughing Very Happy
snow conditions
adampalmer, You are clearly very good value! Welcome to Snowheads.
snow report
Megamum, It's Tim Toupet, oft seen (but missed by us due to fatigue rolling eyes) at the Yeti in Flachau.
Here's his English version (With the odd dodgy translation, presumably to make the words fit - Lions, Tiggers, who know Laughing)

http://youtube.com/v/WfYM7sbrioQ

Actually I suppose if you want to join in the German version it doesn't help, but you get the drift Laughing
ski holidays
Megamum,
They certainly do get played year after year. I have heard So a Schoener Tag (Die Fliegerlied) every time I've been in Austria in the last few years. By several different artists. The main one I've heard apart from Tim Taupet is Antonia.

This is the other song

http://youtube.com/v/EmCL6KHy3Sg

And this is a link to the lyrics
http://www.sweetslyrics.com/895223.Markus%20Becker%20-%20Helikopter%20%20ft%20KO%20&%20KO.html
latest report
You do all realise that this music is produced exclusively for British tourists - it's actually cheaper for the resorts to do this than ship out British bangers and license Eastenders on the telly

My sympathies
snow report
barry, the Germans dance on the tables just the same as the Brits do. It's music specially produced to make you drink schnapps and beer. Without that it's simply not bearable.
HvG is in a different category though. Driving over the Fernpass with the sun coming up and Zabine singing Da Juchitzer always sets me up for a day's skiing.

http://youtube.com/v/-tfEOs5EVCc
snow report
barry, I've usually been in the minority (nationality-wise) when the apres has been in full swing, mainly 'cos the Germans & Austrians know the words (Mind you, wait till they play The Proclaimers - we got our own back that night Laughing)
latest report
robapplegate wrote:
Truly dreadful Laughing I managed 1;24 before hitting the mute button!

Now imagine being on course (unfortunately in Schladming they had loudspeakers covering most of course) for few hours a day (14 days in row... Shocked ) without chance for mute button... And then you can imagine how much love for such music is left by the end of ski season Wink Thanks god for races like Val Gardena or Alta Badia, where they at least play normal music not this crap.
PS: Tenne is great place to enter when you are dead drunk already, so you don't care what music there is, and you certainly don't remember anything next day. Entering Tenne before you are on that stage of being drunk is pretty much invitation for suicide.
snow conditions
Megamum, As you get close to resorts check the CD sales in service stations, they have apres cds of all the classics. Required playing on any trips to austria, along with the cheesy christmas cd if it's the december trip.
snow report
Thanks all, knowing the words will be good next year. Mind you I was doing pretty good with just miming and dancing. I am sure I was doing an excellent job at cementing Anglo/German/Austrian relations Laughing
snow report
Megamum, take a look at www.oktoberfest-songs.com for all the words in German & English and videos of the dance moves Very Happy
snow report
adampalmer wrote:
Hi everyone new poster on here!

Just came back from Schladming in Austria, Mainly go there every year just for the Hoenhauss Tenne. (If you've been there and love a party you probably know why its worth going every year!)

Heard a song out there, its one of those love to hate kind of songs that will not leave your head until youve found it.

ooohh you want to be really careful about doing this. I did exactly the same with a cracking little tune I heard on christmas eve at elch bar on Penken in Mayrhofen. I emailed all my austrian mates asking if they knew what it was. I found it, Lieschen Lieschen Lieschen by Alpenrammler. Turns out it's just a tad "rude" snowHead snowHead

(actually thats probably true of just about everything you hear out there)
(and in retrospect I wonder how much my impressions were fuelled by Jagertee ....)

and for your delectation and delight, here it is

http://youtube.com/v/NK6KHhkOuR8

(to appreciate properly get big big bass speakers, mug of Jagertee in hand, ski boots on feet and sit watching sun go down behind snowy mountains)
(aaaaaaaahhhhhh snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead )
snow report
Just back from Mayrhofen today, what a great week!
Unfortunately myself and OH can't get the apres tunes out of our heads and we're desperately looking online to find the song that goes:

Oompa Oompa Oompa Wembeley.... Wembeley (definitely not Wembeley but something similar sounding!!)

Any ideas???

Puzzled
ski holidays
djb85, I know the one you mean but no idea what it's called
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
^ No.

Just off myself to OoooosteReich tomoz and been brushing up on the master language...

http://youtube.com/v/IAP0dKbdq14
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, have looked everywhere! I've even downloaded 3 CDs of 2013 Apres Ski songs but no luck!!... strange because all of the Europeans knew it really well. Confused Confused
ski holidays
djb85, could it be this? Sadly it's on my playlist Embarassed

http://youtube.com/v/am3OCvStCZs
ski holidays
boabskiThat's it! - stick with it till 50 seconds to get past the Sound of Music. I knew you;d come up trumps!
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, glad that my horrendous apres ski playlist can be of assistance
ski holidays
some quite astonishing stuff on this thread. Shocked French pop is abysmal but more easily avoided. wink
snow conditions
pam w, Astonishing but oddly addictive Laughing
snow report
boabski, That's it! I'm in complete awe/slightly embarrassed for your knowledge of euro pop!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
djb85, I'll take that as a compliment wink
snow report
Please help me!! What is the silly trumpet song? There are no lyrics but you have to crouch down for the trumpet bit, then jump up and down when the beat comes in. VERY funny when the whole place does it.

(Sorry to bump an old thread).

Help me Snowheads!!
snow conditions
Never mind, found it!!

http://youtube.com/v/SBxXp8wQmeg
snow report
This thread reminds me why I usually ski in France Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Actually we went to Austria for the 1st time about 3 weeks ago & I loved the cheesy apres Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy