Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell am See ski tours?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I just wondered if anyone knew if there were any ski groups or tour guides I could join up with in Zell am See. I don't necessarily want lessons but I don't fancy a week skiing on my own, the rest of the family will be booked in to ski school. Just got back from Chamonix and did a 3 day ski tour with a group which was excellent and I'd like to do something similar in Zell. Does anyone have any suggestions? We're going at Easter. Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RedorDead,

Good question. I am not aware of any groups. I would be interested to see if anyone on here has any suggestions.

The only suggestion I can come up with is this ski school who offer touring:

http://allmountain-skischule.com/Skisafari-Freeriding-NewSchool-Skitour-HeliSkiing.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like the apline ski school do ski tours too ......

Quote:

Guided ski tours and snow shoe hikes with a state-certified ski guide!

http://www.alpin-skischule.at/ski-school-kaprun-austria
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DB,

There are free snow shoe hike groups (and others) offered by the mountain company.

http://www.schmitten.at/index.php?id=317&L=1

Not tried it but I have booked my wife in a group next Monday.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RedorDead,

Do you mean ski hosting where someone shows you around the resort on the pistes or ski touing like this .....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ski_touring
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DB, Ski hosting is what I'm after, ski touring is too much like hard work for me Very Happy I'd basically like to join a group and tour the area of Zell and Kaprun so I can get the most out of the time I'm there. Thanks for the feedback.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RedorDead,

Might be better to change the thread title to "Zell am See ski Hosting?"
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dare I mention that the SCGB do hosting in Zell am See? So that might be what your after
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RedorDead wrote:
DB, Ski hosting is what I'm after, ski touring is too much like hard work for me Very Happy I'd basically like to join a group and tour the area of Zell and Kaprun so I can get the most out of the time I'm there. Thanks for the feedback.

Should probably stop using the word 'tour' to avoid confusion then wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Powderseeker,

I'm rather ignorant about SCGB, despite the vitriole that is expressed by others. Do you have to be a member to participate?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For the 1st day you can just turn up and ski with them for free, though they will take your details and try to get you to join. However I skiied with them at a resort this year for 4 days and the guide didn't make me join, though probably as it was me, him and just 1 or 2 others. He did say if the group was fuller then I would have to join.
I really enjoyed that trip and the guide was far removed from the stereotypical view of the SCGB that you sometimes here.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy