Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Colorado March '05: Where are we going?

Which resort should the snowHeads Colorado trip visit
Summit County (general)
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Breckenridge
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Copper Mountain
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Vail
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Steamboat
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Winter Park
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Voted : 0
Total Votes : 14

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK, so it wasn't Tahoe, but Taos - I got some of the letters right!

Thanks, WaistDeepInPow
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That sounds good to me then! As long as the banter is top notch i don't really care NehNeh

I wouldn't be able to confirm anything until possibly next year due to career change, so don't count me as a definate. Still very much interested though! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowskisnow, I haven't gotten to the details, so can't comment on the transfers/get around. In Summit, it's easy (free buses everywhere). Some of us will have vehicles, I expect, as well.

The key to surviving at altitude is water (lots! Think "clear and copious"!) and iron. I recommend increasing your iron supplement a bit before coming (not a lot, mind you!) because that increases red corpusles which gives you greater oxygen transport capacity.

That and take it easy for the first day or two.

And, (I can hear the groans!) stay away from alcohol for a few days. I actually very rarely imbibe, myself. Also note that alcohol will have between 2 and 3 times the effect at this altitude as at sea level! I've seen big dudes completely snockered after two beers at the mountain-top lodge at Keystone! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ssh-thanks for the comments.Still a long way off but still very interested.We will now have to see how it pans out.Think we need some firmer prices if poss??
I'm a little concerned that we keep seeing posts from the same people.Come on you lot out there--pile in!!!or this aint going to happen(or are you all waiting to see what it will cost?)Get your name down and the price will fall.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Count us in- 2 adults 2 teens 15 and 16.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowskisnow, you've got it right! I'll need to start to get some semi-firm commitments so that I can go get those prices. I expect we'll need to get enough to occupy 20 rooms or so.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Off on Easter ski trip on Tuesday, so will check this out when we get back. We will need 2 rooms for us.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
e-bookers online up to mid March return dats, so should know a rough estimate of flight prices soon. My bruv in law works for BA so may get some info for him. 1st -10th march available for 489 return inc taxes with a transfer from Newcastle included.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Y'all are missin it. But I'm here to save you, so don't worry.
Well duh.
It's Vail.

First of all, it's the cheapest skiing anywhere. Anyone here can buy the Colorado Pass (or the Buddy pass, whatever they call it). We'll refer to it from here on as the CSP - Cheapo Ski Pass.

The CSP is like 300 bucks. Comes with it, are you sitting down? Cough, cough. Unlimited skiing at ABasin, Breck and Keystone. Now, are you ready for this? You know what else you get with the CSP? Oh my Gawd! 10 days at Vail/Beaver Creek!

Are you kidding me?

Why on earth, would you go anywhere else? You'd have to be nutz! Forget about the unlimited turns at the Slummit areas, who the hell cares?

You get 10 days at the Big Show for 300 bucks. You get, 10 days at the greatest hill! Sorry. Vail is way better than Jackson Hole (home of fat boards). There's great turns in Utah, I agree. But just the fact that Utah has so many morons and twisted rules -- by default -- it could never be a great ski place. Apres and hangin out all add in to the ski experience. What do you do in Utah? Go to Alta Skiers house I guess. rolling eyes

It's like this. When you watch the ski movies, do you ever see anyone having trouble getting a beer? No, you don't. I rest my case.

Vail is it. When you add it all up, nothing, I mean nothing, compares.

1) Great turns, for all abilities. Not only that, no one is left behind. Beginners can go to and ride up any chair on the mountain and ski the back bowls! Pete and Earl were real careful about that. They wanted it so visitors -- all visitors -- could see and ski the back.
2) Lots of turns. The place is like 5 miles wide.
3) Lots to do. The village is great. Edwards is great. The Beav? It's the Beav!
4) Great snow.
5) Great amenities. You're never too far from a bathroom or a beer.
6) Great turns! Oh my Gawd! The turns, are....the best. The mountains. They're just....splendid!
7) It's sooooooooo beautiful. You look around, you'll see why we call it the Happy Valley.

It's got to be Vail. Yes, you'll pay a little more to stay. But no so fast, warm beer breath. You probably make it up with the CSP. And, you really don't need a car. So you save there, too.

And of course, there's SCSA and company. Let's not forget about that. We'll take care of ya. snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SCSA, I've been waiting for your maiden post in this thread. Welcome...

So, folks, you get the two extremes: SCSA who has only one preference, and me. I'm trying to give you the best picture I can of all the possibilities. It doesn't matter to me where we stay or ski, which is why I've kept it open and tried to help with options. Right now, not many have voted, so it's wide open. Drop in and vote, friends.

BTW, I like Vail. But, I like Breck, Copper, and A Basin, too. So, keep voting!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi ssh!
Thanks for your kind welcome!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok, I went for Breckenridge, but to be honest...I don't care so long as my passion for off-piste is catered for. Withe the little one, it would be great to be close to an airport. Oh, and some ski school that accepts a (will-be) four year old that can already ski reds and is way beyond the magic carpet phase! Seems like 5 is the norm in the US for ski schools that allow kids to venture onto the piste. Be glad to hear otherwise, though.

What with WaistDeepInPow, and Helen Beaumont, sounds like we are organising a Toon army trip Razz
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sparish, since I'll be living in Summit County {OH MY GOODNESS, I cannot believe this is real!!! Very Happy ] I can research that for you.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sparish, sorry going to Whistler with friends now, I was hoping to persuade them to go to Colorado, but it was their choice of resort, it would really have been a Toon Arny trip then. Shame we'll miss each other.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sorry guys but i won't be able to make the Colorado trip anymore. I'm off to Whistler for the season! Very Happy snowHead snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy