Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why ski in Chamonix?

Poster: A snowHead
Influx of French, British, Scandinavian skiers are down by 60%. However the town is as busy as ever.
The Town hall have the attitude that, while Mont Blanc casts her eye over the valley, the town will always be popular.
We are not, in modern terms, a ski resort, however what brings you guys here? What do you love about Cham' and what would you change?

I'd like to be the Sheriff of this gun-slingers town one day, who should i 'Hang up High' first? Twisted Evil
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER, If you're a Brit forget the head honcho jobs ... you obviously haven't lived there long enough to appreciate it's a no go area -Smile . I'll let the Cham lovers respond to your advert as personally I find the place a dump compared to anything within a 50 km radius .... but then each to their own and I'm neither good enough and way too lazy to enjoy the disparate 'resorts'.

I do however suspect that Mont Blanc is one heck of a magnet ... not to mention Cham being 'at the end' of the autoroute !
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eEvans wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, If you're a Brit forget the head honcho jobs ... you obviously haven't lived there long enough to appreciate it's a no go area -Smile . I'll let the Cham lovers respond to your advert as personally I find the place a dump compared to anything within a 50 km radius .... but then each to their own and I'm neither good enough and way too lazy to enjoy the disparate 'resorts'.

I do however suspect that Mont Blanc is one heck of a magnet ... not to mention Cham being 'at the end' of the autoroute !

They all laughed at Christopher Columbus, or so the song goes. I too would prefer to live somewhere else, however work commitments for myself and the wife keep us here. Cham' has a certain charm that keeps us stuborn types kicking. I hope given 10 or so more years, you can come sit in my Oak cladded office and i can give you and all snowheads a V.I.P pass to the Valley. That will of course be after i sucseed Jose Morrihino at Chelsea. Phew, i'm going to be a busy boy! Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Very Happy Very Happy , I look forward to the 'Boot God' taking over from the ' Tactical God' at The Bridge !
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Season tickets for everyone!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Quote:

We are not, in modern terms, a ski resort, however what brings you guys here? What do you love about Cham' and what would you change?

Likes. Grands Montets. Midi. Touring in the Aiguille Rouges. snowHead

Dislikes. Too many other people liking the same thing Shocked

We haven't been for the last couple of years, what's the new Herse chair like - has it ruined the peace on that side of the mountain ? Puzzled
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Quote:

Likes. Grands Montets. Midi. Touring in the Aiguille Rouges. snowHead

Dislikes. Too many other people liking the same thing Shocked

We haven't been for the last couple of years, what's the new Herse chair like - has it ruined the peace on that side of the mountain ? Puzzled

Love it, cos it's fast. Yep, you'll certainlly pick up a few hangers on looking for the way out. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is there room in Chamonix for more ski/boot hire shops? I hear that there are 2 new really good ones opening this year, with a great team of fitter's Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Probably at least 10 new resturants aswell, they have great chef's too! I love eating in good resturants. mmmmm Twisted Evil
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads

dislikes: buses/car parking
unlinked ski areas
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Why ski in Chamonix? Dunno really, I just like the place.
For a start its a real town, and not a load of hotels dumped half-way up a mountain. It feels real.
Many people moan about the disconected skiing area. That's just silly. Any one area is more than enough for a day. A car is useful, but the buses are no worse than Val d'Isere.
However, the main thing is just the feel of the place. Some may not be impressed, but looking out across the valley as the sun went down last February from an appartment near the bottom of the Plan Praz lift was a wonderful experience.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Went back there today - to pick up some friends - and it just has that something. It might also have way too many people - which is why we don't ski there much lately - but we can easily talk ourselves into dropping by if only to do a run off the Midi..!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
what I like is that it's a proper town. If nobody ever skied ever, Cham would still be there.

I can meet people from all over the world that enjoy (some of) the same things as me.

I like the little chair that goes up le Grand Montet - best hangover cure I have ever come across. I think I have only used the gondola twice in about 40 times up there.

L'avenche (sp)

Catching rays in L'Ongon Cool

Popping over to Goophies for a quiet beer to escape the madness of Chambre Neuf. Dancing on the tables of Chambre Neuf in the ski-boots Toofy Grin

Popping into Grand Cafe for a chat and a beer after Brevent / Savoy. Tradition Very Happy

What I don't like is people saying that the skiing isn't all that Evil or Very Mad Duck under the ropes you t**A@|s

People with backpacks, probes, shovels, transcievers, helmets, etc, etc who can't ski Twisted Evil

Hell week when either the Swedish posh kids or the Parisiens come to town en masse.

Walking up that damn hill to get to the lift for Brevent
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I hated Chamonix Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad - too much of a laddish binge drink, fight, cause criminal damage attitude from my experience.............ok i know i found the bad bit straight away but coupled with all that i could hear in the lift ques, on the piste and in restaurants (both on piste and in Chamonix town centre) were rude, obnoxious, loud brits, - and they seemed to think this sort of behaviour was endearing and acceptable rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes ........................considering that experience i'm not really willing to go back there and there are alos plenty of other places to spend my money! snowHead Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I remember a great run down the Pas de Chevre once ... and two epic experiences of skiing the Vallee Blanche. Can't think of any better reasons to discover ... or rediscover ... Chamonix!
ski holidays
Its a great place, a sort of Aviemore of the Alps !!
Interesting mix of people from across the world,
really high skiing standard,
big mountains,
good cafes and restaurants,
lots to do year round
and plenty of hazards to make the skiing really interesting. Shocked
ski holidays
Its a great place, a sort of Aviemore of the Alps !!
Interesting mix of people from across the world,
really high skiing standard,
big mountains,
good cafes and restaurants,
lots to do year round
and plenty of hazards to make the skiing really interesting. Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy