Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Debutant

Poster: A snowHead
ALQ, it was for me! Laughing So much so that it seemed excessive and it felt sooo awkward.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum wrote:
The last few times inside though I have been concentrating on getting weight over the inside edge of the outside ski on the turn and that, more than anything, has helped.
Lateral balance is a fundamental skill and ideally when people first learn to ski they don't rush through this stage of their development. Unfortunately it's pretty easy to make (superficial) progress in terms of your speed and steepness of terrain you're happy on without really developing good lateral balance skills, but sooner or later this will hold you back.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

but sooner or later this will hold you back.

I now see this, pity I didn't a long time ago. I hope that Happy Chap really gets this nailed in due course as I've been astounded at how important it is.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good morning all early start am off to the snow centre with franz for a 12 hour session.
Plenty of drills, come and say hi if your there 😄
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pleasure to have met you both today, and, thanks for sharing your journey too. You guys both have balls. I'll tell you that!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

snow centre with franz for a 12 hour session.

I am tempted to wonder what this does to a person's brain? I have a lot of time for indoor snow centres and will happily kill 3-4 hrs under my own steam in one and longer if on a course, but 12 hours!!! Shocked
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Am heading home after a epic 13 hours of skiing had an amazing day, mixed feelings on skills development and breaking bad habbits but hey can't change it all in one day. With regards to the effect of 12 hours at the snow centre' has on my Brian ( large doses of serotonin )😄 and a full day of meeting some cool people if being honest megamum the only negitive I cam think of is I can not do it again tomorrow and legs ache a bit 😄
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Happychap wrote:
... I can not do it again tomorrow and legs ache a bit 😄

Rule 5!! No pain, no gain Toofy Grin

BTW How did you do 13 hours? I thought there were slope time restrictions for monthly pass holders at HH??
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shush don't tell lol, na being honest it was an expensive day 😄
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Happychap, Laughing
13 hours...just thinking about it makes my legs hurt!
You n FC should be given prizes for customers of the year.
When are you both at HH next?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Think franz is at race club Monday and I am not sure hopefully next sat if all goes well. And yep I agree to a prize I leave my house at 5.30 am to get there for a 9.00 start
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Happychap wrote:
Am heading home after a epic 13 hours of skiing had an amazing day, mixed feelings on skills development and breaking bad habbits but hey can't change it all in one day. With regards to the effect of 12 hours at the snow centre' has on my Brian ( large doses of serotonin )😄 and a full day of meeting some cool people if being honest megamum the only negitive I cam think of is I can not do it again tomorrow and legs ache a bit 😄

13 hours? LOL!! Hope you're doing well and enjoying your slope time.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi ya neraida am very well thank you and yourself, honestly am loving the time at Hemel is a great place much fun every time Very Happy think I am developing, more bad habits but who cares it brings the child out in me and I cant stop grinning every run lol Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Old Skool wrote:
Pleasure to have met you both today, and, thanks for sharing your journey too. You guys both have balls. I'll tell you that!
It was nice meeting you also thanks for coming and introducing you self, its nice to know and meet the other social skiers out there Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Happychap, Sounds great to me! I'm fine thanks. Excited about all the snow in the mountains and my trip in January Smile
snow conditions
where are you going ? we are off to Tignes Les Brevieres in January and I really understand that excited feeling not long to wait and I am sure your have an amazing time Very Happy
snow report
Arc 1950 .Can't wait. Hope you have a great trip!
snow report
And you to Nerida 😄
latest report
Off to the snow center tomorrow with franz and droid 😄 13 hours last week mainly drills drills, am hoping to get some uptodate footage, see if I am improving as much as I believe I am (thoughts of grandeur) lol and a reality check from you, I am sure franz your saying I am improving to keep me going for company in the car lol. knowing I am going gets me all excited regardless of a 5,30 am start
ski holidays
Was so busy last sat I suppose we can expect the same this sat getting closer to the ski trips for most 🎿😄
snow report
Just got in from a brill 12 hrs at the HH, was not to busy so bonus, spent most of the day on drills snow plough, plough parallel, to name a few, hopefully some footage to follow
snow report
Hi all, Hotel booked and paid for, Tignes just weeks away. Myself and Franz, should be an amazing week. Franz is going on about some Black run that takes us back to the hotel. not to sure I am up for black runs just yet, but Hey Ho will have a go lol, Have also decided its time for a Helmet, So back to Tignes not the best of skier as yet so what would be some ideal blues and maybe some reds that although are high up the hill are not to intimidating
ski holidays
Happychap, I'm no Tignes expert because the times I visited I was with my son, who is. But there is plenty of good, non-intimidating skiing - the problem with the high areas is not that they are intimidating but that they can be very bleak and cold and windy in winter. Are you having lessons? If so the instructor will find good pistes for you. If not, pay attention to the piste map. Skullie And don't forget that it's the conditions, rather than the colour of the run, which tends to determine how difficult they are. Most runs can be tricky in bad conditions - and most can be very manageable in good ones. When are you off?
latest report
pam w wrote:
Happychap, And don't forget that it's the conditions, rather than the colour of the run, which tends to determine how difficult they are. Most runs can be tricky in bad conditions - and most can be very manageable in good ones.

+1 ^this
pam w wrote:

When are you off?

11 Jan
ski holidays
franzClammer, You just got back Shocked
Not that I'm jealous Sad
ski holidays
🚠
Yeh mate. Just landed at home
Recovering from marathon 13hr drive
What's the saying..."eyes like p!"s holes in the snow" Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Happy Christmas you all. Very Happy
latest report
humbugs n bah Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/27/alps-avalanches-dead-injured-france-switzerland,, Big warnings for you off piste skiers. Take care out there rolling eyes
snow report
Happychap, given you want to go again: buy some boots next time so you are not in pain. Spend a long time in the shop walking around in them, but the most common mistake is to get them too loose - they need to be snug so your foot doesn't move around inside the boot. Bear in mind the lining will compact a little. You can get any pressure points you discover when skiing blown out if necessary later (if you buy them at a snowdome here in the UK you can take them straight back for modification after giving them a couple of hours on the snow)

PS 3 days! That is amazing!!!!
ski holidays
Hi Snowball, I have a Good Pair now I have been wearing them for most of the year at the snow centre, some days 12-13 hour sessions and love them, and I am off to Tignes. in seven days so extremely excited, Very Happy
ski holidays
Happychap, Have a super trip. Looking forward to seeing new footage of your progress Smile Off next week too, to Les Arcs. Very much looking forward to it!
snow report
Thanks Neraida, and you have an amazing trip too, and yes some footage of you skiing would be nice to see lol ,Very Happy I was unsure where les arcs was but looking your on the other side of the hill ok it is a big hill. will be filming loads but not sure it will be posted, not sure I like the criticism lol
ski holidays
I succumbed to the pressure: I am now a proud owner of a SKI Helmet Toofy Grin
snow report
LOL! Enjoy your new hat!
snow report
Tignes day one amazing time things starting to come together a few lightbulb moments, and today we came down sache, top half amazing the bottom slopes seriously steep way beyond my level of compitance (came down sides skidding) but amazing run look forward to doing it again at the end if the week to see if I can do the bottom section with a little more finesse 😄
snow conditions
Happychap, yes it's a run of two halves!
snow report
The top section is a serious false sense of security was not expecting the bottom of sache to be as steep as I found it lol
ski holidays
Happychap, you're not the first! No doubt the bottom was a bit icy too which added to the excitement Skullie
latest report
A quick tignes snow report 20cm throughout Tuesday amazing sunshine today, 20cm expected through Thursday and Friday and throughout the weekend powder off Piste icy on the well used runs in places.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy