Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bourg StMaurice Les Arcs - last week's trip (PG's apartment)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I finally came to terms with having finished my ski season and I feel brave enough to write about the last outing without inducing withdrawal symptoms.

Last week's trip to PG's huge 3-bedroom in Bourg St Maurice turned out to be a near-perfect holiday. The sun shone each day but the first and last ones, the accommodation was spacious and cheap (thanks PG!) and the snow, while not the powder that had been coming down the week before and has apparently returned in the last days, provided some good hardpack carving opportunities and interesting offpiste conditions. Oh yeah, and bumps. Lots of. My quads were screaming for mercy.

I've been to Les Arcs before so no big surprises: large and varied terrain around the three Arc bases, some spectacular scenery...the orientation of slopes varies a lot, which helps in selecting one's preferred conditions at any time of the day. New (to me anyway) was the snowpark. (Saw a chap doing the biggest jump (which I didn't dare attempt) and then land on one leg. His only one. Now that is amazing). Village charm is better provided by Bourg St Maurice than by the on-mountain resorts, but Arc 1800 is bearable.

Slopes weren't busy...there were times I found myself completely alone on some blacks and hard reds.

Here's a photo of the terrain above Arc 2000 (ok, cheating, this was taken last year, new ones aren't uploaded yet): http://www.pbase.com/image/17261478

If you're not into hard apres-skiing, Bourg St Maurice is a good alternative base to the Arc resorts. One gets on the mountain really fast by the funicular.

Finally, many thanks to PG for being very helpful and for a pleasant evening at his place!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 26-03-04 14:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cedric, great you had a good time.
How much is PG paying you for this post? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cedric, NIce photo. Do you like your crossmax's??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim, he gave me a good deal on the apartment coz I was a snowhead. Hence it's a debt of honour to reciprocate with advertising. But it's all true.

Robbie - they were great on-piste, I now ski on midfats for more versatility offpiste.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cedric wrote:
Jonpim, he gave me a good deal on the apartment coz I was a snowhead. Hence it's a debt of honour to reciprocate with advertising. But it's all true.

Robbie - they were great on-piste, I now ski on midfats for more versatility offpiste.

Which mid fats ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nordica Beast 74 TT. Great for everything except true ice and bottomless powder. Can't find a speed limit on them, and I tried.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Interesting, I'm in the market for some new skis, I'll look at testing a pair of those.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice photo, that's the bumpy black run that goes down to 1950! Nice! Bios de Ours chairlift or something like that?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's the one, powderbabe. I admit I got tired on the bumps after a while. Kept skiing towards the trees on the left side.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy