Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BOOT FITTERS IN THE MANCHESTER AREA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know every one reccommends profeet and the guys in leamington spa but has anyone had any good experiences up north or even at the usual s+r or ellis brigham?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
S&R Manc did a pretty good job when I bought boots - they took well over an hour and their end result was the boot that all the lit I had read had pointed me towards (I hadn't told them about this though). Very comfy with the pre-formed footbeds they had recomended.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anything Technical are very good, based in Kendal.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bought Mrs NBT new boots in the EB sale this time last year - the guy we spoke to was very knowledgeablle and did a great job of fitting boots, footbeds etc
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am about to buy some new boots and am going to Profeet. I too live in Manchester but it's only 2 hours on the train to London. I've had terrible trouble with boots. If you want my advice I'd arrange an appointment with them and take a day off in the week and go down.

I'm going in two weeks time and am really looking forward to sorting the problem out once and for all.

Besides, if Graham Bell (ex GB Downhiller) says they're the best, then I'm inclined to believe him!

You'll thank me when you're at the top of a big run knowing you won't be in agony when you get to the bottom!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
Besides, if Graham Bell (ex GB Downhiller) says they're the best, then I'm inclined to believe him!

Well who could argue with that?! GB told me the Skier's Edge was great, and I believed him. Thankfully it is! wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Found a[url=http://www.vermontstylemagazine.com/retailers/information/February/2002/553/Skier's+Edge] Skiers Edge[/url] near Manchester for you Toofy Grin

CP
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CP wrote:
Found a[url=http://www.vermontstylemagazine.com/retailers/information/February/2002/553/Skier's+Edge] Skiers Edge[/url] near Manchester for you Toofy Grin

CP
Nice one CP but I think he the Manchester that's 25 miles away not 2,500!

Profeet's still the nearest.

When I've been I'll post up what I think of the place.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jack Hallam, Sorry I couldn't resist posting the link - I have actually hired skis from them when on business trips in Southern Vermont and it is not a bad shop at all.

BTW. They had about 8-10" of snow the day before last in a lot of New England, the remnants of hurricane Wilma hit cold air coming down from Canada.

CP
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CP wrote:
Jack Hallam, Sorry I couldn't resist posting the link - I have actually hired skis from them when on business trips in Southern Vermont and it is not a bad shop at all.

BTW. They had about 8-10" of snow the day before last in a lot of New England, the remnants of hurricane Wilma hit cold air coming down from Canada.

CP
Brilliant, that makes me feel so much better about being stuck in Alderley Edge on a sofa minus one disc waiting for my back to recover! Thank god I won't be able to ski until March. Hopefully by then all the snow will have gone!!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jack Hallam, Hope your recovery goes well - I hope there will be plenty of snow left in March as I will be in/on it from the 26th for a week.

CP
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy