Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selva Val Gardena with Esprit / ski school dilemma

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Being very last minute we are looking at a good deal for this weekend coming with Esprit to Selva. Great price for the accomodation and food (despite being last 2 rooms on ground floor, bathroom next door, any comments ?)

The Esprit deal is only offering ski school option for them having the kids ALL day at a whopping £300plus per week. Thats not our thing at all as we like to see the children and usually ski together in the afternoons. So the question is, has anyone else been with Esprit but opted out of the 'Esprit ski groups' and done there own thing. Did it work ok, which ski school could be recommended ?

Youngest child needs some ski school, but possibly not all week.

any thoughts welcome

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
suki,

How old are the kids?

Can the kids ski already?

We've been with them a few times and there was no problem taking the kids out of the higher groups, but (understandably) they did not really want you taking them out of the beginners classes too much as the miss out on important stuff.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
suki wrote:
So the question is, has anyone else been with Esprit but opted out of the 'Esprit ski groups' and done there own thing. Did it work ok, which ski school could be recommended ?

I can't speak about Selva specifically, but we've been with Esprit several times, Suki, and latterly, once our girls didn't need the full time ski school, we just arranged our own private lessons for two or three half days of the week.

As far as I'm aware, unless they've changed their contracts, you can do what you like vis a vis instruction.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks guys, the pressure is off on this one as we missed the deal, but have pretty much decided that if something else comes up we'll just do our own thing re lessons. I have no problem with the morning ones they do, but don't want to lose the kids all day on a family holiday.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have been with esprit 3 times and they offer a selection of childcare- ski lessons, lunch, afternoon ski club and evening cocoa club. You can mix or match all of the above. We are going for ski lessons and lunch only this year, 199 for lessons and 75 for lunch each. They take kids at 9am and return them at 2.
You dont have to do it all, you just put them in for whatever suits you. We have put them in all day before and just taken them out whenever they fancied coming out with us.
I dont think 300 quid is a lot to look after your kids for a whole week inclusive of lunch and ski lessons.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mheadbee,

As it was a last minute deal; I'm guessing they only had the all day lesson package left.2
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think it also depends on the location, Esprit in Couchevel for example only do half day lessons.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, my recollection is that at Selva lessons (via Esprit) are all day, prob to free parents up to do Sella Ronda. I appreciated the freedom when kids were younger, now they ski better than me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Esprit use http://www.scuolasciselva.com/en/Default.asp

They have their own 'Selvi' kids ski school. You can book direct.

My kids learnt to ski with this school, originally via Esprit.

We still use the school, it is excellent.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy