Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rugby in flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone can tell me where in flaine I will be able to catch 6 nations? My son will be very keen to see Ireland - England!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The best solution is a laptop and a free account to FilmOn. Find a wifi connection and away you go. I will be watching on my iPad in Austria using this set up. All the Freeview Channels are there but is does need a strong signal and you to must register as a subscriber (it is free so don't worry).

The software downloads quite easily and quickly or just go to the web site and watch from there. Toofy Grin

Psst - Cymru am Byth! I live in hope any way. wink

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 26-01-13 20:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Flaine does have a very high proportion of British clients so there will be many bars showing live sports. Le White Pub is one if I recall. Otherwise the British seasonaires tend to go to The Flying Dutchman so worth checking that one too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Samerberg Sue, not an answer to the question I'm afraid but thanks for the tip Sue -we'll be in Mayrhofen on Saturday & will want to catch a bit of Wales v Ireland if we can Little Angel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scarletgirl, simplest way for me to keep up these days as I'm constantly travelling! Most hotels have free WiFi these days, just a case of finding a corner (near a bar) with a good signal! Toofy Grin

I suspect we may have to let the French polish the cup for the next year until we rebuild. As long as we beat England at home on the last weekend, I really don't care too much about any of the other results! Mind you, losing to Italy may be a tad embarrassing wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Samerberg Sue, Hymns and arias, bach....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Re streaming - don't you need a VPN account as well? Every time I've tried to watch stuff abroad sky or iplayer or whatever says it won't work abroad. I use watchuktvabroad or something - seems fairly reliable.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andy from embsay, FilmOn works fine for me all the time. Simply "fails" to recognise where you are and loads the channels. It streams well as long as you have a a good strong connection to the internet. I've used it in Germany, Austria, France and Switzerland without any problems.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here's hoping the Welsh get the title -- WOODEN SPOON
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
1969jma, rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
The best solution is a laptop and a free account to FilmOn. Find a wifi connection and away you go. I will be watching on my iPad in Austria using this set up. All the Freeview Channels are there but is does need a strong signal and you to must register as a subscriber (it is free so don't worry).

The software downloads quite easily and quickly or just go to the web site and watch from there. Toofy Grin

Psst - Cymru am Byth! I live in hope any way. wink

Aaaarrrggghhh. I've done it again. I have booked to fly on the day of one of the England games

Sue - or anyone else - does FilmOn or anyone else show repeats or rolling coverage that can access in Italy via an iPad? Please?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
XPeak wrote:
Flaine does have a very high proportion of British clients so there will be many bars showing live sports. Le White Pub is one if I recall. Otherwise the British seasonaires tend to go to The Flying Dutchman so worth checking that one too.

This
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
northernsoulboy, no access to catch up I'm afraid - for that you need some kind of proxy server. I use Ex-Pat Shield (also free software) when forced to but once I've caught up I reboot my system to get rid of the annoying banner adverts! Sadly (or is that luckily???) they do not do a version for Apple products, so unless you buy into a proxy, you are boogered for i-Player or whatever it is called.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Sue. Having checked the timetable, I should actually be able to watch it on iPlayer (assuming iPlayer works in Italy...?)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

assuming iPlayer works in Italy...?

big assumption......
ski holidays
Hence the question.
snow report
basically, it doesn't, as Samerberg Sue said. Maybe you should rise above rugby and just enjoy the mountains? But the Italians are keen - ask around locally and probably somebody will be watching
ski holidays
Aren't SIX Nations games on BBC or ITV & therefore can be watched on IPLAYER
snow report
1969jma, wot Samerberg Sue said. You can watch them on iPlayer in the UK, but not abroad.
snow report
pam w wrote:
Maybe you should rise above rugby and just enjoy the mountains?

Thanks for the advice.
snow report
northernsoulboy, download ExPat Shield which is free and fairly stable, then watch the i-Player match you want. That's what I do if I miss any matches. The advertising is a bit of a bittch but it is top banners which you can close once you are watching the programme/match of choice. Then reboot when you've finished, as the banners stay and reappear on every screen even after you have switched the software off. The price you pay for free software I suppose! Not too great a hardship if you really want to watch the matches.
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue wrote:
northernsoulboy, download ExPat Shield which is free and fairly stable, then watch the i-Player match you want. That's what I do if I miss any matches. The advertising is a bit of a bittch but it is top banners which you can close once you are watching the programme/match of choice. Then reboot when you've finished, as the banners stay and reappear on every screen even after you have switched the software off. The price you pay for free software I suppose! Not too great a hardship if you really want to watch the matches.

Sue - that's really helpful, thanks very much.
ski holidays
patricksh, La Perdrix Noire often has the rugby on, although the beer prices are a bit steep. I've watched Champions Leage football in the bowling alley in the past so that would be worth a try. Both places are in Foret, the bowling alley is in the basement of the mini shopping centre below the Perdrix Noire.
snow report
Just for info:
No idea about the time of the game but la perdrix has a happy hour in the early evening, around 5 to 6pm
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy