Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

poor judgment

Poster: A snowHead
this is costing me and my waistline a fortune in popcorn..l
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just the simple registration of new accounts to do a first post rant is a sign of a prat. Registered snowheads, youtube, and a new twitter a/c specially (and probably the tripadvisor was too?).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And on a positive note...

there's a shed load of snow related small business owners that now know that if a booking enquiry comes in in the name of Walsh, that it could be a very difficult potential customer Wink

So our mathematician friend has probably done sH quite a good service there Wink Smile snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pedantica +1

Promising popcorn opportunity though...we need Chamexpress to get back on here and explain what happened with the credit card charge...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pedantica, +2
No doubt the OP is a c0ck but the entire community flamed him over 8 pages based largely on his personality rather then facts. Cham clealry ran the better PR campaign here; less venomous and nicely phrased ie giving an impression of the kind of guy you want to have a beer with. If it is true that they took the c0ck's money without ensuring that he knew when and where he was supposed to be picked up from they should be held accountable. And if it is true that Cham took his money dont we all look a bit sanctimonious.

What is most conspicous about this second thread is where that we are on page two and where is Andy?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not really.

Op had a rant, chamexpress disagreed. They seem to have resolved it. end of.

I would expect that any agreement or resolution they may have come to probably didn't include agreeing to allow the OP to come back on here for a further ego trip.

This thread shouldn't have even existed imho. It's just the OP proving even more what a pillock he is.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jbob wrote:
Hang on, hang on, we still get the discount right!

PS did anyone else spot that 2791 was a Cuban Prime.

thought Cuban Prime was something you smoked !!!! Wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

the entire community flamed him over 8 pages based largely on his personality rather then facts

if you can bear to read it again you will see that that is not the case.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PP wrote:
What is most conspicous about this second thread is where that we are on page two and where is Andy?

Probably at home with his feet up, or in bed trying to sleep before what will be a busy weekend. I don't check up on who is talking about work on the internet at nearly midnight (in France) on a Friday night, I'm sure my bosses don't and I don't expect it's high in Andy's list of priorities right at this moment.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
simon2791,
You may recall I made a couple of posts being your devils advocate on last thread.
Actually I couldn't get video to play on my phone but I thought some chamexpress response a little inappropropiate.
But to be consistent with calling a spade a spade, I have to call you on this one. You boast you are an expert in customer service and consumer affairs. So how do you possibly marry that with posting an online video in contravention of French law (would Aussie laws have no problem with that!! Wait I forgot about prank calls to Royal family). Surely you would know a bona fide complaint could be brought to appropriate French regulatory authorities? In fairness what you did was malicious and trying now to come across as a nice guy isn't washing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thornyhill,

You would have done that, I would have done that, most reasonable human beings (and anybody that really wanted to get to the airport) would have done that...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Loving these threads. I just can't go to bed and it's nearly half one again!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What does OP mean?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
simon2791 wrote:
What does OP mean?

Overbearing prick in this case?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyway - I heard you were too busy writing 'correspondance' and delivering solutions to be back here before next week?
ski holidays
back to your sales training course now OP - if you want to get what you need, you can either elicit empathy or sympathy. I've watched a bit of your YouTube stuff and I don't think you could sell a fire extinguisher to a burning man. Maths doctor is a brilliant idea though. I am passionate about Maths. Good thing you handed it over to a proper organisation before you wrecked the lives of a bunch of kids who can't count.
ski holidays
simon2791 wrote:
What does OP mean?

Opening (or Original) Post(er)
ski holidays
Like others, I can't recall either party suggesting payment had been made for the return trip.
ski holidays
Gold x 2
snow report
Someone please give simon2791 Max Clifford's number.
snow report
Zero-G wrote:
Someone please give simon2791 Max Clifford's number.

Hmm! I not sure if even simon2791, is that crackers?
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, the OP did say that he had given his credit card details including security code (which is the last bit of info to be given when processing a credit card payment) though Chamexpress said he didnt. If simon2791 is correct in saying that a payment was processed then Chamexpress' recollection of events is seriously flawed.

Checking my card payments would have been the first thing Id have done.
ski holidays

26 January 2013
Louis Welsh Esq

Dear Mr Welsh

I represent my client Cheam Express. In the interests of a speedy resolution of matters concerning your purchases I confirm and propose the following:

1. Firstly, in the interests of goodwill, my client acknowledges that you are Irish, wealthy, fearless, urbane, and a musical genius.

2. My client contracted to deliver to you a Swiss roll (£2.99) with Geneva transfer (£29.99), though there was obviously some misunderstanding about the latter.

3. We acknowledge that the non-delivery of your Geneva transfer forced you to hail a taxi, at an expense of £1500, from Alpes Extortionaires.

4. We propose to reimburse all your expenses, and agree to pay you an additional £300 in respect of the inconvenience caused.

5. As has been the case all along with this matter, this settlement will be subject to strict confidentiality and non-disclosure.

6. Finally, we agree a discount of 10% on all purchases of newspapers, confectionery and airport transfers at Cheam Express, to you and any other members of the snowHeads Club of Genevan Bullshitters.

Yours sincererely

Swindler & Wigg
Solicitors
London WC1
snow conditions
Comedy Goldsmith, Laughing Laughing
latest report
pam w wrote:

Whatever the facts, this was a pretty trivial issue to go ballistic about.

Out of all the comments I've read (including in the other thread), this is the one I agree with the most.

If you've had a good holiday and got home in once piece, let it go.

What a waste of time and energy all that crap was.
snow report
pam w wrote:

Out of all the comments I've read (including in the other thread), this is the one I agree with the least.

If you've had a good holiday with a messed up transfer to Geneva, create the maximum mayhem and farce on a ski forum.

What a fantastic investment of time and energy all that genius was.
latest report
Piccadilly wrote:
pam w wrote:

Out of all the comments I've read (including in the other thread), this is the one I agree with the most.

If you've had a good holiday and got home in once piece, let it go.

What a waste of time and energy all that crap was.

I think Id be very miffed if Id booked a transfer and the company didnt turn up.

The OP did have an opportunity to get on the second transfer though but he seemed more interested in creating a fuss than just ensuring the booking eg the whole "Im not sure I trust you" conversation. Why bother phoning them to say that if you're actually trying to get on the transfer?

latest report
If a charge really was made then both sides come out looking entertainingly bad.
If a charge wash't made then both sides come out looking entertainingly bad.

At best showing how not to complain and how not to react to any valid or invalid customer complaint.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So he may be an back bottom but in fact he was a correct back bottom and his side of the story (now) seems to add up.
He obviously did give his Amex number as claimed, and shamexpress did indeed leave the poor sod standing in the early morning waiting for a transfer that never showed up.
It just goes to show how you present yourself on the Internet affects greatly your credibility.
snow report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

I think Id be very miffed if Id booked a transfer and the company didnt turn up.

OP set out to 'try' and get on the second bus but recorded the conversation. If he had been genuine about trying to get on the second bus he wouldn't have bothered with the video. Anything to stop him from booking a ticket later on to create a payment trail?
snow conditions
I need to book a transfer. Just used google:

Chamexpress.com - Year-round Airport Transfers, Chamonix ...
www.chamonet.com › Travel › Airport TransfersChamexpress.com offers Geneva to Chamonix transfers from Geneva Airport every 45 minutes, every day - only 28€ per person. Chamonix's most RELIABLE ...

Anyone had any good or poor experiences??
ski holidays
Quote:

seems to add up.

nothing adds up. not to this mathematician anyway.
latest report
Quote:

He obviously did give his Amex number as claimed

nothing's obvious - there are perilously few facts in this whole farrago.
snow report
emwmarine, plenty of folks have said on the other thread that theyve booked and been happy with the service - dont think I saw anyone say otherwise.
snow report
Quote:

dont think I saw anyone say otherwise.

I have seen some complaints - haven't paid much attention as, unfortunately Chamexpress don't come my way - but I think one person was particularly upset about lack of safety for kids. But that's a general problem I suspect, not just Chamexpress.
snow report
pam w wrote:
... there are perilously few facts in this whole farrago.

With respect, that is factually incorrect. There is a feast of facts, and it is a fact that this "farrago" is as funny as the dead parrot sketch. Since the video's been deleted, let's remind ourselves of how it went:

A customer enters an office selling Geneva transfers.
Customer: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.
(The owner does not respond.)
Customer: 'Ello, Miss?
Owner: What do you mean "miss"?
Customer: (pause) I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to register a complaint!
Owner: We're closin' for lunch.
Customer: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this Geneva transfer what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.
Owner: Oh yes, the, uh, the Norwegian minibus ...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

[continues]
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith, you had me almost reading that in a monty python type voice...nearly but not quite Little Angel
snow report
safety or customer service isnt a problem with 3 valleys transfer* Nothing but perfect service (at a price clearly) from them.

As mentioned its a little unclear as to the current position, did shamexpress take some money, or didnt they? We await clarification from either participant before deciding which way thhe vitriol flows i guess.

* i have no link with 3vt other than using there service several times over the past years.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

dont think I saw anyone say otherwise.

I have seen some complaints - haven't paid much attention as, unfortunately Chamexpress don't come my way - but I think one person was particularly upset about lack of safety for kids. But that's a general problem I suspect, not just Chamexpress.

not on either of these two threads though?

I do find abroad that there is less concern for safety in general. First ski hol I took with Eve aged 3 we had Oxygen ski school arranged through the TO and the driver of the mini bus they used (oxygen) had an arm in a plaster cast and the back seat was coming un-attached from the floor so the seat tipped forward when breaking Shocked
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, I was on a bus in a ski resort and the bus was so full that 50 of us stood. We were all carrying 2 x 6ft long planks, each with 2 full length, very sharp edges. We also carried 2 x 4ft spiked poles each..... and the bus drove on snow. Madness.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy