Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HESTRA GLOVES -hands still cold

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Or for really cold temps... these (the down ones may not be suitable).

http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/the_gear/head_hands_+_feet/hands/fitzroy_mitt---299/

Fully modular mitt system suitable for the polar regions and altitudes up to 6000m.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I get REALLY cold hands at not even that cold temperatures.

I've ordered some Burton AK oven mitts. They seem to be popular in America but not so much here. They are meant to seriously warm. Only drawback is build quality, aparantely.
Anyway, I'm waiting for those to be delivered.

In the mean time, I'm using disposable hand warmers or 'tea bags' as people refer to them as. They work great. I put mine between my skin (palm or back of hand) and glove liner. Then I have my regular glove (some Dakine £80 things) over top. They keep my hands toasty all day. Some days I have to add a second hand warmer in each glove.

It's a very viable option in my opinion. Get some half descent gloves and buy some hand warmers on eBay, cheap.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hestra gloves are the bomb, mine look brand-new (other than the pretty cool leather "patina") after a full season.

The merino liners are a bit fragile, but I've never found a pair of thin liners that weren't. The secret is not to try to do stuff while wearing only the liners. They get trashed too quickly. Need looking after.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Having spoken to some technology guys about silk merino, six companies told me the Alpine Lowe Stretch inner used for cycling or skiing are the best, therefore went to Cotswold Outdoor to purchase

Order of Warmth

Silk
Merino
Power stretch
snow report
 aanna
aanna
The Hestra liner gloves are very poor. I won't be buying another pair, but i suggest you can use [url=https://spamLink[/url] or general gloves
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@aanna, thread resurrection? Or ulterior motive
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
ulterior motive, if you look at the poster's other post. I've reported it on the spam thread.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:

I don't care. Those gold ones look the biz!!!

My little man will idolise me. Whip off my ski gloves and he will think I've got my power ranger suit on!!

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 aanna
aanna
Sorry lol I did mistake, Posting by mistake
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cstreat wrote:
Try adding a pair of thin silk inners

This.

It makes a huge difference, and cost is around £10.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@aanna, no mistake, you're spamming RDX sports all over different internet forums. I'll certainly be adding them to my blacklist of companies to avoid.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Got to agree. Hestra silk liners are poor. Me and the missus had new ones and they barely lasted 2 weeks. And I barely have nails
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PaulC1984 wrote:
under a new name wrote:

I don't care. Those gold ones look the biz!!!

My little man will idolise me. Whip off my ski gloves and he will think I've got my power ranger suit on!!

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

By Little man, do you mean your son,,,,, or your "Little Man". Toofy Grin

Took me ten minutes to write than thinking of you in a Power rangers suit getting "teenage kicks". Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

By ten minutes I DON'T mean THAT Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
10 minutes...... youd normally have your pj's back on in less time Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mountain Equipment Couloir . . .toasty warm, waterproof and really breathable. I even prefer these in Spring over the lighter ME Guide Glove that I stash as spares as they seem to disperse moisture and regulate my hand temps in all conditions . . .plus they have retainers so I can pick my nose happily on the chairlift
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy