Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions for Long-Weekend Resort Suitable for Boarders and Skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning a long weekend for a group of 4 - 2 boarders/2 skiers. As a skier, I haven't a clue what boarders would look for other than that they hate drag lifts and flat sections. (... and like sitting down in the middle of the piste - apparently with a preference for just below a blind lip or round a blind corner ... so need a resort with plenty of opportunity for this wink ) A snowpark is not essential.

Any suggestions for resorts with easy transfers suitable for both skier and boarders for a weekend? More than happy for a smaller resort to keep costs down and do something different.

Trying to avoid resorts accessible from Geneva as prices already sky-high for the weekend we are wanting to go Sad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
agavin wrote:
Planning a long weekend for a group of 4 - 2 boarders/2 skiers. As a skier, I haven't a clue what boarders would look for other than that they hate drag lifts and flat sections. (... and like sitting down in the middle of the piste - apparently with a preference for just below a blind lip or round a blind corner ... so need a resort with plenty of opportunity for this wink ) A snowpark is not essential.

Any suggestions for resorts with easy transfers suitable for both skier and boarders for a weekend? More than happy for a smaller resort to keep costs down and do something different.

Trying to avoid resorts accessible from Geneva as prices already sky-high for the weekend we are wanting to go Sad

Apart from drags and flats (do skiers like flats? I was never keen on them when I skied) there really isn't that much difference.

Anyway this year I've arranged a long weekend with flights to Munich and will probably end up going to back to Solden (see report in Resorts thread and you'll probably figure out why). There are plenty of other resorts to choose from though and other airports if you don't fancy Austria. There is a handy resorts closest to airport finder on ifyouski, although it doesn't have Solden listed for Munich. Mad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would suggest Flaine - or one of the satellite resorts - Samoens, Les Carroz, Morrilon. 1hr from Geneva (easyjet, jet2s, BA etc), excellent snow record due to proximity to Mt Blanc. Each of the resorts has chair / cable car / bubbles all the way to the top of Flaine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are a lot of resorts very easily accessable from Turin/Milan that cater for weekend breaks - 1 to 2 hours by motorway and you can usually get flights cheaper to Italy than flights to the airports in France.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
agavin, Had you thought about Lyon? Much more affordable than GVA and some good resorts within a 2.5 hour drive - Les Arcs, Alpe d'Huez, 3 vallees for example. It depends how long your long weekend is. We take 5 days but "doublespeak" it as a weekend to our dearly beloveds back home, who wouldn't agree to our going for a whole week. Out Friday night, 5 days on snow and back to the airport after lunch on day 5, knackered but happy. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
agavin, are you able to get to Birmingham or Southampton??? You could then fly to Bern, and you've then got the likes of Wengen / Grindelwald within an hour, Zermatt 1 3/4 hours. Not been to Zermatt (going in Jan) but know from when we went to Grindelwald and Wengen its a HELL of a lot cheaper than France!!! We were paying about £2 a pint, and there was a few clubs there if your after a bit of nightlife
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy