Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Garmont Adrenalin?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody skied in these?

Looks like a good one boot solution for people who ski mainly lift served but want to do some touring (me!). The interchangeable soles sound like a useful idea but could be gimmicky? Boot seems nice and light and relatively stiff. I did notice that the foot board (that the insole sits on) is not removeable - a problem if you need some radical boot fitting?

Any thoughts much appreciated,

J
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jedster, see this thread. There was quite abit of discussion around this topic.

I've concluded that what I want is a pair of good touring boots and I'll just have to make the decision on the morning/night before as to what I'm mostly going to be doing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got the Adrenalins, feel free to send me a PM if you have any specific questions that I might be able to answer.

Scarpa have a new boot out that also has an interchangable sole called the "Tornado".
http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/shop/index.php?cPath=242

Garmont's fit my feet better than Scarpa's - best to try as many boots as possible because fit is very important in boots esp. touring boots.

Some AT boots are offered with different liners, I'd go for the more expensive thermo liner.

The interchangeable soles mean you can rent skis with normal alpine bindings but still go touring with the same boots.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for the comments and the link (DM). After reading all that I'm less clear that a pair of AT boots are ever going to keep me satisfied for lift-served. I say less clear because I'm quite happy with a slighty softer alpine boot if it's got a reasonably progressive flex and is a good fit (true of flexons and my current Nordicas - NXT 9.0s I think). Guess I'm going to have to try the Adrenalin somewhere and see.

After fighting a painful battle with Nordica Grand Prix's in the past I'm certainly not prepared to trade comfort for stiffness. I do think that stiffness is less important with modern skis (needing less (no!) forward pressure to get them to carve).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy