Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis to get the "carving junkie" out of my technique?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
rockyrobin, I fear you are over complicating things? You have immensely admirable aspirations and if your motivation and desire are as strong I have no doubt you'll achieve them.

So...

Nothing you can buy will remedy bad technique. Nothing. If it did...

I hate to suggest it, but you might benefit from a different instructor.

Regarding weighting? On-piste there is a body of opinion that most of the time you have most of your weight on mostly your downhill ski. But... it is very dependent on conditions: Yours, the skis, your ability's, the snows, etc. I do not want to suggest anything from this distance (and my lack of teaching qualifications!)

To an extent, I might suggest that you simply carry on having fun in the restricted environment of the snowdome and fing a very good coach in Verbier.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a pair of old (02-03?) rossignol T power cut downstairs 168cm - radius 22m. At speed, they have absolutely no inclination to do anything other than point downhill unless forced but are soft to flex if you get a bit old school with them and can do some lovely short turns if you are willing to put some effort in - I can loan them you for a small fee or would consider swap for anything not from the dark ages Toofy Grin Sound like just what you are looking for, no? Unfortunately they are probably not even worth the postage! ah well - you'll just HAVE to buy a new pair instead I suppose Very Happy

Are you skiing at the new snowdome off the A64 btw? What's it like? i might be up that way shortly...

aj xx
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, Your right, i'm over complicating things! Laughing
I tried my B2's out yesterday and they are oh so unstable in the chop compared to my M11's, although I can ski them ok I really do HATE THEM WITH A VENGENCE! Sad
I'll keep skiing them to promote my technique progression but given the choice i'd whip out my M11's even on a powder day.
I like the idea about changing instructor, but alas what I was told made sense so I cannot shoot the messenger of my own failings.

ajhainey, thanks for the offer of trying your skis, but alas I'm now thinking noodley skis may not be such a good idea. My B2's are so much softer than my other skis and unstable because of it so i'm going to keep an eye out for something stiffer to try.

I ski at the XScape indoor snow slope at Castleford, just off junction 32 of the M62. Is that the one you were thinking of?
As for what its like - If you go every week for 6 months you would start to get bored of it, but to tide you over till your holidays and work on technique I don't think there is anywhere better in the UK at the moment. If your ever passing near on your travels definately worth popping your boots and skis in the car for a couple of hours diversion.
If you decide to go I would recommend avoiding evenings and weekends if possible, also avoid Wednesday - Friday as half the slopes snow is made into ramps, jumps and rails etc which is not so good for the recreational skier. Also if you end up queuing for ages at the bottom of the slope to get on the poma make sure to complain about them not running both lifts to reduce the wait. They're taking the michael at the moment with regards to this and soon there will be an accident at the bottom of that slope for which I hope they get their @sses sued over Evil or Very Mad Roll on Sheffield and Manchesters snow domes is all I can say Twisted Evil Hehe, sorry for the little rant, just not too happy with the way XScape are treating their customers at the moment Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy