Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossi B2 vs B3

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
With the introduction of the new B3 into the bandit range, i was just curious as to whether anybody has had the chance to ski both of them?

I have heard excellent reviews about both of them, but have not really heard a comparison-i'm assuming that the B2 will be slightly better on the groomers than the B3, and vice versa off piste, due to their relative widths. However, i have heard that the B3 is amazingly good on piste considering it's width. I have also gather that the B3 is fairly stiff compared with last year's, and that the B2 is also stiffer and slightly more "beefy" than last season's model. I have just bought a new pair of B2's, and am just interested how it compares to the new B3....

Cheers.. snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris_5000 wrote:

I have heard excellent reviews about both of them, but have not really heard a comparison-i'm assuming that the B2 will be slightly better on the groomers than the B3, and vice versa off piste, due to their relative widths.

The B3 is a bit narrower and moves into some of the old B2 territory leaving room for the B4 as the fat freeride ski (the B4 is last year's B3). Confused? Well the only significant point against the B3 is on short radius turns where it is a bit of a barge. The B2 on the other hand is fatter (and probably heavier) than last year leaving more room for the B1 as the punter piste ski.

Out of the two I would go for the B2 - 50 euros cheaper and marginally better all round and it would suit the skiing I do better - chilled off piste, stirred but not shaken. The B3 would give you slightly more surface area if you are more oriented to big mountain skiing or you have trouble with the pow. It has one longer length if you are into ripping up the mountain at mach 3 and have the thighs and skill to cope.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers davidof....
Has anyone actually skied either (or both) of these skis.....?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am considering the B2s as well.

I have a six year old pair of X Screams which have suited my requirements well i.e. good off piste and able to handle the chopped up stuff as well as the powder and pretty reasonable on piste as well.

My X Screams are still in excellent condition so my questions are:

- does the improvement if ski technology over the last six years in itself justify me replacing a pretty good pair of skis and if so,

- is the B2 the best like for like replacement?

All opinions gratefully received.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I liked X Screams, although I don't think Salomon skis are particularly well made. Old B2's would seem to have been a similar ski in terms of profile, and the new B3 is essentially the old B2 since the intorduction of the B4.

On the technology front, maybe, maybe not, since all mountain skis are largely the same in terms of performance (although I am sure some nerds can quote differences). Some are better than others, but I think ski progression has affected and influenced other manufacturers more. I would get new skis, but I would always say that.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
richjp, How long are you X-Screams ? They are/were a great ski If they are still in good nick, then why replace them ? Puzzled

Skis have been getting shorter on the last 6 years, so you may want to hire a current model - in a shorter length and see how you get on.

At least with a newer ski you won't have the ProLink digging in to you shoulder when you carry them. snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ProLink, now there was a shower of carp.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Firstly real skis are getting longer not shorter. Twisted Evil

Unless you really can't justify the purchase of new skis financially then buy a new pair. They might appear to be in good condition but internally they won't offer the same performance as when you first got them.

The other thing to consider is how / where you ski, obviously you'll need to decide this when choosing your skis but just now think about it while you're making up your mind whether to buy or not. Will new skis allow you get more out of the mountain? For instance, twin tips will allow you to have a little more fun, even if it's at your own expense! If you want to get off the beaten track a little more you could get something nice and fat (90mm+ underfoot). If piste skiing is your thing why not go for some uber carvers and see if you can turn full circles in the snow.

They say a change is as good as a rest, I'm not really one for resting but variety is the spice of life etc etc. Sod it, just buy new skis. And whatever people say get the next length up Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
parlor wrote:
Firstly real skis are getting longer not shorter.

What's a real ski? Is it something like real tennis?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar.org.uk, I was just going to ask that!! My new skis just keep getting shorter, maybe they're not real-I just imagined them Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's more like Pelota than real tennis... but along those sorts of lines...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy