Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vanoise National Park

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know how to get access to ski in the National Park from the Les arcs side?
Is there a payment for a pass? If so where?
Only with official guide? If so does the guide need a special permission?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boredsurfing, We were in there once but with a instructor from Spirit 1950. Good point, who is authorised?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, Try here http://www.parcnational-vanoise.fr/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Patch, May be me, but I can't find anything regarding skiing on that link?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was always told it was forbidden to ski in the park; when I lived in Pralognan we could walk towards it during the summer but weren't allowed to pass certain markers with the dog. They have a 'core' which no-one can access publicly and a 'buffer zone' which is heavily protected.

Found a letter regarding special permission for an event on Google, but it was limited to 150 participants and very strict on what they could do.

Apologies not to be of any positive help.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can ski where the hell you want:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76044
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing, As far as I remember there are sections of the park protected from visitors and well signed and marked on the climbing maps but all the GR paths are open year round. I've seen plenty of touring going over from the Tignes side and the Army regularly used to alpine train in there. I think you can't free ski in it but touring along the routes AFAIK is encouraged

Road up through Nancroix and the Navette turns there
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing wrote:
Patch, May be me, but I can't find anything regarding skiing on that link?

No, but there is a contact page wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowcrazy seems to go in there a lot, he must be authorised then?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller, must be.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I believe you can ski wherever you like in the Vanoise. There is a restriction on skiing in the Villaroger nature reserve though, intended to protect ground-nesting birds.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy