Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen - Aprés and Transfer

ja1000
ja1000
Ok off to Mayrhofen for the first time, looking to understand good Aprés locations, along the lines of the Folie in Val D and Ronnies in Meribel

Also whats the best way from Innsbruck by transfer, quite fancy the train how easy is this?

Had a quick look at a piste map, didn't look to impress me but I am sure that will change when out there so any helpful info on resort would be useful.

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For the transfer:
Bus from straight outside airport door to the train station. (Less than 2 euros)
Buy a ticket for whole journey to Mayrhofen. There is one change required, however the whole trip takes about 1 hour 40 which isn't too much longer Han a private transfer but much cheaper if alone or a small group. (Train journey cost apprx 13euros).

If you want a private transfer book it with a Mayrhofen company as they are much cheaper than the airport / Insbruck companies.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

didn't look to impress me

What, it didn't try at all? How rude of it!

As you're posting in the off piste section, i assume you're looking for off piste so I'm not the best to advise but from what I saw there would be a number of possibilities. If you've misposted and you're looking for piste skiing there are also quite a few possibilities with more extensive skiing available a short train ride away from Zell am ziller (zillertal arena) and Kaltenbach (Hochfugen) available on the same ski pass (and with free transport).

If you want to say what you're looking for I'm sure someone could point you in the right direction
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ja1000 wrote:
Ok off to Mayrhofen for the first time, looking to understand good Aprés locations, along the lines of the Folie in Val D and Ronnies in Meribel

Haven't been in winter but in summer, the Bruck'nstadl (cavernous bierhalle beside the Ahornbahn) had a bit of life about it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Circusthing is right about the transfer, dead easy.

For Apres, the only decent place in Mayrhofen was BruckenStadl, but that's been refurbished and has totally lost the vibe... Best bet is the Laterndl Pub, directly off the bottom of the Finkenberg lift. It's a couple of km from Mayrhofen, but if you stay til after 6 you'll get a free taxi Very Happy

You said the piste map didn't really impress, but did you know there's nearly 700km of piste on the Zillertal pass? Personally, I hate skiing on the Penken (too many people, too many queues) so if you want to ski in Mayrhofen get the 150 cable car over to Rastkogel and Eggalm. Much better over there. I reckon the ski areas of Kaltenbach and Zell am Ziller are much better tbh. And since we're in the off piste section I should mention Hoch Fugen, which I reckon is the best place in the valley for off piste. Just check out all those places on the back of the Mayrhofen piste map. Have fun!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy