Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

scott dunn - any one used them?

Poster: A snowHead
as title.

they seem good, but charge like an angry rhino. are they worth it?

they get good reviews*, but i'm finding it hard to see exactly what it is they offer for the premium prices.

tempted anyway

TIA

*only reviews i can find are on their own site though.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never been on a Scott Dunn holiday but would consider it if I was minted. Nice for a bit of luxury I suppose.

It does make me smile in Val d'Isere, you see their posh minibuses collecting guests from the bottom of the gondola at La Daille so they don't have to carry their skis too far or catch the bus with the poor people.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed for a couple of nights in a spare bed when some friends had booked out a whole chalet with them - one of the ones on the side of the Face in Val d'Isere
It was all very good but it is certainly pricey. Not sure I would rush to book with them because I'd rather spend the cash on a guide or a day heli-skiing than on bling chalets.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
not minted, but fancy going upmarket for a change from my normally lowly lodgings Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wish...... Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Very nice old boy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As much vintage champagne as you can drink if you're into that sort of thing.

As others will point out you still ski the same slopes as those staying in the UCPA hostel.

You can go even more upmarket with Consensio Holidays.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I worked for them for a summer season and they are one of the best out there! They look after their staff who really look after their guests in exchange. I think they are a fantastic company and they pay attention to detail! (Turn down, breakfast in bed, little treats, great childcare, etc...) Well out of my budget though... Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very nice outfit, go for it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
went to zermatt with VIP ski in the end. very good it was too Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My oldest worked for Scott Dunn a few years back in Courch and said they were an excellent company
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Always heard great things about them.

"It does make me smile in Val d'Isere, you see their posh minibuses collecting guests from the bottom of the gondola at La Daille so they don't have to carry their skis too far or catch the bus with the poor people" I would happily pay a shed load of money not to have to carry my skis too far and I'd pay a king's ransom not to have to travel on that bloody bus (especially with poor people). 90% of the point of having money is to get you away from the Great Unwashed.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They are FANTASTIC.

They are VERY EXPENSIVE but you get what you pay for. I speak of a chalet in Val d'Isere. Like being in the nicest house you could want without having to do any work. Happy staff, you can tell - so friendly.

And it is a huge treat to be ferried about like that - I speak as someone who is happy to catch the bus and have got very used to carrying my skis, but it's much harder with small kids. Also I have no professional connection with them and certainly don't use them every time as MY GOD LOOK AT THE BILL.... and as you say, same slopes!

V
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Overpriced and not worth it IMO, same slopes but without the mega-trimmings - would rather have 2-3 weeks self-organised weeks in 3-4* b&b accom with meals out in town rather than one week in a overpriced fawn-fest chalet with champers on tap, hot-tub on verranda and mini-bus to run me about all over the place, couldnt think of anything worse.

Was recently taking my boots off in Ski Alber in St Anton and there were 3 water bottles on the seat, said to the young person behind the counter, "what are these?".....for Scott Dunn guests who may be thirsty, they just place them all over in case one of their punters gets a bit parched! FFS!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Markymark29 wrote:
Overpriced and not worth it IMO, same slopes but without the mega-trimmings - would rather have 2-3 weeks self-organised weeks in 3-4* b&b accom with meals out in town rather than one week in a overpriced fawn-fest chalet with champers on tap, hot-tub on verranda and mini-bus to run me about all over the place, couldnt think of anything worse.

Really? Shocked Sounds better than a kick in the nuts to me
ski holidays
Arno, At a price............rather have a kick in the nuts and 3 weeks skiing a season than one week living like Lord-snooty!
snow report
Wasn't a "fawn-fest".
ski holidays
If I could afford it then I think it would make for a superb couples holiday
snow report
Interesting debate, i've been looking around Scott Dunn / Bramble for Chalets for next year, also been looking on Air BnB. Anyone any advice on where the mid-range is? One of the key things is exclusive use with en-suite for every room, is that even a 'mid range' ask?

I know there is top top end and top end 20k p/w 8-12k p/w respectively for 10 but i can't seem to find a company doing sort of 'nice', good food, en-suite to each room £800-£900 pp pw? seems to either be £4-500 compromise on the rooms / bathrooms or £1-1200 get a hot tub and other stuff... Am i just looking in the wrong place?
ski holidays
Friends stayed a few years ago towards the end of the season and got a good value deal (not cheap exactly!) and they loved it. Great quality, service everything. Champgne nad hot tub sounded pretty cool.
latest report
Some of the extras you pay for sound nice but I've never for the life of me been able to see any point in "turn down". My son started working as a chef for SD on his first season in Val d'Isere but he didn't like the way they worked and the feeling was probably mutual - he wanted more freedom to make his own decisions. He jacked in the job and went freelance. His GF worked for SD - had some major health (D & V) problems, being so weak at one point that he had to carry her to the bathroom. She and her colleagues had, amongst other things, been wading round in the flooded basement of a chalet with plumbing problems, to try to ensure that all stores were above the cack-level. They all had to go back to work before they were properly well.

Like @Markymark29, I'd prefer 3 weeks with more ordinary accommodation than one week in super luxury. I doubt whether I could drink enough champagne and eat enough foie gras to get my moneysworth out of it. It would be better than being on a luxury cruise though - at least you could get out of the place and head over the mountains!
ski holidays
Quote:

Anyone any advice on where the mid-range is?

try VIP Ski and Supertravel - I'd say their better chalets have ensuites for each room

Never been with Scott Dunn - just wouldn't spend that much but have seen the catalogues and the chalets look pretty fabulous. VFM just depends on how much money you have.
snow report
I will cast a vote for YSE. They are exclusively in Val d'Isere. I was just in Chalet des Nieges which is in a prime location in La Daille (ski-in and out). Great customer service, excllent chalet hosts and chef, very comfortable chalet with all en-suite rooms. I suppose I would class them as mid-range.
ski holidays
Ski basics in meribel do very good mid range. Depends on your group size but for 8 people, chalet jacques is near perfect for us die to proximity to lift.
snow report
When I worked in St Anton a while back a few friends worked for Scott Dunn. Their guests (and thus hosts Laughing) get as many free drinks as they want - and we're talking several hundred pound bottles of whisky and champagne here. Food's supposed to be great too. They're bloody expensive but I do think you get what you pay for.
snow conditions
Quote:

I do think you get what you pay for

you see, I wouldn't drink enough champagne and expensive whisky - so somebody else would be getting what I'd paid for. wink And a holiday where I ate so much food (to get my moneysworth.....) that I ended up getting fat wouldn't please me, either. If I had lots of money to spend I'd prefer to rent a really top quality apartment and choose my restaurants (and my food and drink) every night. I'm not fond of hotels.
snow report
HoneyBunny wrote:
I've never been on a Scott Dunn holiday but would consider it if I was minted. Nice for a bit of luxury I suppose.

It does make me smile in Val d'Isere, you see their posh minibuses collecting guests from the bottom of the gondola at La Daille so they don't have to carry their skis too far or catch the bus with the poor people.

other chalet companies do that too, you don't have to pay Scott Dunn prices
snow report
I've been taken to and from the slopes by minibus from Mountainsun's place in Tignes, which is neither luxurious nor expensive. In fact it's dead cheap. But then when I've been there in October it is far too far to walk!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy