Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

off Piste in the Porte Du Soleil

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, having never skiied off piste here, does anyone know of some good routes, nothing to heavy as Im not an expert off piste. Any suggestions welcome Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skibum1972, there are zillions of possibilities, depending on where you are starting from and skill level. Avoriaz Alpine Ski School run a 'back-country' session every Wednesday afternoon when one of their instructors will take you on a tour of the best that's possible under prevailing conditions. Aside from that head for the Plan Dranse to Linga section of Chatel and take your pick of the runs between the pistes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Check out the between the pistes in the Super Chatel area - lifts are ancient but theres NO-ONE there!! (everyone heads the other direction to Avoriaz etc) ...if I remember correctly I think we did a lot on the way down to Torgon.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for the avoriaz alpine ski school back country group. Fingers crossed you get Pierre as even in near zero visibility he will sniff the best routes out. Top bloke too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
most of the off piste on this vid (taken 2 weeks ago) was taken above Morzine on the side of the Black that runs parallel to the Free Ski area.

http://youtube.com/v/Me_Tk4Y5BSA
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This is a vid from a couple of years ago that in fact does show some steepish chutes we did and there's a map with a hint of where we were.

Plus at the end of the vid is the name of the guide we were with, back then he was an aspirant (trainee going for his UIAGM badge) but should now be qualifed.

http://youtube.com/v/gNtIOMxw-tw
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy