Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Basi L1

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was a military Alpine JSSI intructor and was trained by a Basi trainer. I have grandfather rights for Basi L1 on completion of a one day refresher and the shadowing hours, first aid etc.
My thoughts are that I last did any instructing in 1995 and as the Basi membership and refresher work out at £205, I would rather do the full Basi L1 course. Looking at the Basi website they do not seem to be running any courses at Xscape or Chill Factore, so I would have to do the course at Tamworth or Hemel. My question is, has anyone done any shadowing at Xscape and would there be a problem doing this if I had not done the L1 course there?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
braeworth, I don't know for certain, but I believe you would be able to shadow there. They will hopefully view you as a potential future part time instructor, but give them a call and ask. You can also do shadowing hours at dry slopes, if there are any near you.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Beanie
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
braeworth, I shadowed at XScape Leeds prior to doing my L1. They usually run a Leeds BASI L1 in October (well they have for the past two years)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, Thanks, nothing on the Basi website about L1 at Castleford this year, but I will give Xscape a ring and also talk to them about shadowing. Do you know who would be the best person to speak to ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Braeworth

If you want to Shadow at Snozone - Castleford just contact the head of Ski School who will set you up.

As Kittenski said we are only too pleased to support potential new instructors whether wanting to work for us or not and not necessarily wanting to go down the BASI route.

There is normally a L1 course in May and Sept/Oct but there as been alot of changes recently so that side of the business as taken a back seat but im sure things will be arranged shortly.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
braeworth,

It would obviously help you to shadow before the course as the normal Military way of taking them to the top of the mountain and getting them to make their own way back wount work on Joe Public Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Super Eagle, the 'normal' military way in my day was to make us walk to the top of the snow covered lump you were placed in front of in Scotland then ski down the backside then repeat with the snow covered lump now in front until someone fell off a lump then practice rescue drills - the word 'taking' never entered into it (unless you mean humping the stretcher back to tarmac).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Super Eagle, thanks for your help, if there was a course in Sep/oct that would be great.

I understand your comments about Military instruction but I was lucky I think, I was one of the ones trained by Basi trainers.
When I was instructing the training centre was run by a civilian Basi 1 instructor( the old Basi 1 not new L1), we used to follow the Basi model when training and do video analysis twice a week
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy