Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

KLM FFS!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Where do I start, this holiday was obviously doomed from the start, First, Ghost Puppy breaks his thumb on dry slope 2 weeks before departure. Thought, ho hum, you can ski with a broken thumb (as testified to by many SHs). Then he is re-xrayed, has 2 fracture to elbow as well (his ski detached at top of Hillend before his first turn and he rolled about 80m). Hmm, hospital making unsure face about skiing. Decide we will make decisions on arrival in the Hoff.

Arrive Munich via Amsterdam with Mrs Dr Doggy suffering from horrible flu. KLM leave all luggage in Amsterdam. We can wait 6 hours for it or they will courier it. We leave as wife dying. 2 hour queue at Hertz desk. 6 hours (mostly stationery) on road.

Arrive at Hotel Laendenhof (highly reccomended, 75 euro per night HB, we will return). Receive 2 texts and 2 emails from KLM to advise that courier will deliver luggage "shortly". Phone first thingh in moprning as bluebird day and no skis (or clothes). Advised that shortly means 2 Jan (luggage left behind on 29 Dec) ! KLM say buy replacement gear. I point out this will come to over 2000 euros (2 Ski Jackets, 4 salopettes, clothes for 4 people inc party frock and shoes for wife and how the hell do I buy anything in a ski resort on a Sunday apart from skiwear) I still haven't worked out where Hioffians buy their smalls, I couldn't find anywhere. i also discover that Spar has sold out of toothbrushes. Aaargh. Wife still dying. L:ose temper with KLM, insist they return luggage to airport. Phone 4 Seasons, they will collect for 80 Euros. Yhey deliver late evening. Lose a days skiing ( I waasn't willing to spend that much and try and recover from KLM or insurance).

BUT: Wife recovered slightly, I decided I was irresponsible parent and let the older pup ski with broken appendages (on condition that there was no falling allowed, only if light and snow were good, he skied slowly and carefully with no jumps, half pipes etc) and we got in 5 days skiing in mixed conditions. So much for the good conditions, ski slowly, no half pipe rules. (He did however obey the no falling rule, unlike his dad, mum and sister).

I'd like to say I will never fly KLM again but I am on exactly the same set of flights on the 19th. I will however send an indignant email to them (and get my 80 euros back). Still can't see why they couldn't have arranged a taxi to Mayrhofen for our luggage, it would have been way cheaper than the spendathon I would otherwisse have gone on.

Last word, the Hoff was as good as ever (and Kaltenbach was great) and the Hotel Laendenhof is a winner.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Such a hassle Hoff!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ghost Dog, Would it not have been easier to go Edinburgh - Munich with sleazy jet ?
Bummer re the Hillend Thumb etc
Im always more relaxed ounce the Ive got hold af our luggage on the way to the slopes
I would be less upset if the skis went astray but still would not be a happy bunny
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
KLM routinely do this. I used to live in Amsterdam and when I went skiing from there they lost my boot bag (with salopets). Having got wise to their baggage handling antics over the years, I simply walked into a shop in Verbier,bought myself new salopets, and charged them to KLM even though the boot bag showed up the next day. KLM coughed up! Sorry for your bad experience, but if you go through customer complaints, you can claim back your expenses for the lost time.....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Used KLM twice, both times when one of the kids still needed a car seat. Both times arrived back in the UK minus car seat and took ages to convince them I couldn't legally or safely go home and wait for it to arrive!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I use these flights two or three times a year, first time there's been a problem.It wasn't the leaving everybody's luggage in Amsterdam that got my goat but the "shortly" comment and the refusal to deal with the problem which was easily solveable. Next trip jackets will be worn, helmets clipped to hand luggage and salopettes go in hand luggage. Only 12 days to go Smile

Easyjet don't fly on a Saturday on winter timetable. Although by Easter they do. Sunday flight gets you to Munich at 7 in the evening.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy