Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a good family policy for a self drive ski holiday? Obviously don't need baggage insurance for flying, but do need good medical with possible car repatriation cover in case driver decides to break a limb!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Nixtoo, I can recommend Tokio Marine for winter sports and travel insurance. One of our party injured his knee ligiments in Andorra whilst skiing a few years ago. They were very helpful getting his treatment sorted and even forked out for an ambulance to Bercelona Airport and an extra seat so he could put his leg up.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We used LV for the insurance (researched through Martin Lewis site, we chose an annual policy) and ADAC for the car breakdown/repatriation (which also covers emergency repatriation so two lots of cover on that front) ADAC covers us for the whole year in Europe and the UK too

Fortunately we did not need either so I can`t comment on service/claims.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you have a link for adac, it seems to only available in Germany?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Link to ADAC English bit of Website is http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac_membership/default.aspx

but we used this phone number Tel No. 00 49 941 52344 and paid by card for Partner Plus (has to be this one I understand if you are resident outside of Germany)

At first we got an answerphone, and I am told had we left name and number they would have got back to us, but after a couple of attempts we got through to a person, she spoke enough English to ask us to hold for a moment before she put us onto Barbara who spoke very good English. I understand there are several staff members in that office who do speak good English and are willing to answer any questions you may have.

We chose ADAC because at less than 100 euros they are good value for the service they offer (including repatriating our large twin axle caravan if or when we take that abroad this year) and they appear to have a good reputation for service etc.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy