Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sad news about Rifugio Guglielmina in Alagna...

Poster: A snowHead
News today that the Rifugio has burnt down: http://www.lifeinitaly.com/news/en/148405

It is/was a great place - so sad for Alberto the owner.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
moresnowplease, I saw that in Italian. How bad is it ? Superb place.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Rifugio's website says "completely burned" - sounds very bad.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What a terrible shame. We were looking forward to lunch there tomorrow and saying hi to Alberto and the crew. Thankfully everyone is safe.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

Doesn't look good Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name, Please could you post a detailed snow report for the area as info is a little thin and we are thinking of coming out on 10th Jan.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had thought I might have lunch there yesterday but the lifts up from Champoluc were closed and I'm back in the UK now.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BertieG, All pistes in good nick, off pistes variable and mostly windblown.

We skied past the Rifugio and briefly spoke to a desolate Alberto. Terrible shame.

Building is, as you can imagine from the picture above, completely gutted.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very sad Sad one of my favorite places. We were planning lunch here in 2 weeks. I hope they can restore it.
slikedges, both of my sisters and BIL's were planning lunch there yesterday too but said the wind had closed all the lifts, they have also arrived home today. Where wee you staying?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have great memories of that place. A wonderful place for lunch and an even better place to stay overnight - even without hot showers. Hopefully they can re-build it and retain the magic and history.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nells, just off the roundabout in Champoluc
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There is an account set up for donations to help the rebuild:

thealps.com
Rifugio Guglielmina was burned to the ground by a fire 2 days ago! A piece of history of the Alps is gone.
For all of you who wish to contribute for a rebuilding of Guglielmina, we can give a helping hand to the family by donations at the following fund:

CONTO CORRENTE: “Insieme per il Guglielmina”
IBAN: IT 94 Y030 6931 6091 0000 0017 958

Merry Christmas!

http://sv-se.facebook.com/thealpsinfo
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151161764730776&set=a.195093360775.137599.173336390775&type=1&theater

Sad news again. Guglielmina isn't going to be rebuilt. We skied round to it the week before Christmas and there is nothing but the flag pole left on the site.
Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nells, Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nells, sad news. Someone suggested the other day that the other refuge up there is also closed ?
ski holidays
AndAnotherThing.., It was closed before christmas, the deck hadn't been cleared of snow etc. There were quite a few people around as there was a helicopter just taking off to do avalanche practice when we got there (the booggers could have waited 2 minutes till we had gone rather than cover us in snow!!) It was very quiet so they may have been waiting till xmas week to open.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy