Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ki-West link from Westendorf to Kitz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I believe this link involves taking a bus between the Westendorf lift and the Kitz area lifts, does anyone think it's a worthwhile add on for someone staying in Westendorf?
As the lift pass that includes Kitz and the SkiWelt is only about 22 Euros more than the SkiWelt pass we are thinking it might be fun to be able to go over to Kitz. But it depends on how frequent the bus link is and if you get stuck while the bus drivers have a Mittagspause?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bus runs pretty frequently, it's only about 10 mins. Does open up a lot of new skiing, so worth heading over for a day at least. Your accommodation or the tourist office will be able to tell you the bus times.

The KiWest piste is a nice run anyway, worth doing even if you just plan to take the gondola back up to Westendorf.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
janette, definitely worth it IMO. The run down to Ki-west is lovely & as clarky999 says, the buses are frequent & its only a short journey.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The current issue of the Kitzbüheler Anzeiger (10. Jänner) contains a report which claims that a 6-day All Star card is only €7 dearer than the SkiWelt 6-day card. That doesn't match with what is currently on the website, where the difference is the €22 you mention. Maybe, if you have the chance, you should ask about this before committing yourself to buying the pass. The report also mentions that anyone who has already bought a 6-day card for one area (i.e. SkiWelt or Kitzbühel), can buy a day ticket for the other area for €15. The report starts by saying that "The SkiWelt is going onto the offensive..." with respect to the Kitzbüheler Alpen All Star Card. Maybe the web site just hasn't caught up yet.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the advice, may have to wait until we get there to find out the best deal for a day over on the Kitz slopes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hello janette,
Buses frequent, journey short!
We enjoyed the trip over to the Kitzbuhel area

Cheers, Geoff
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Get up Westendorf early and enjoy a long empty run down to Ki-West.

Worth a trip over for a day - definitely.

Bus is short and easy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm convinced already, just want to see if I can get the 7 euro version the espri mentions rather than paying 22 extra, that will be a few more weissbier at the end of the day!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
janette wrote:
I'm convinced already, just want to see if I can get the 7 euro version the espri mentions rather than paying 22 extra, that will be a few more weissbier at the end of the day!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Enjoy your holiday!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Janette,
We've done Ki-west to Kitz a few times,as clarky has said this is a great run early in the morning.

If you get a move on you will be able to get up to Pass Turn where the snow is excellant.

Do it on another day as well and visit the ice hotel and ski the Hahnenkamm.

Enjoy snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
espri wrote:
The current issue of the Kitzbüheler Anzeiger (10. Jänner) contains a report which claims that a 6-day All Star card is only €7 dearer than the SkiWelt 6-day card. That doesn't match with what is currently on the website, where the difference is the €22 you mention. Maybe, if you have the chance, you should ask about this before committing yourself to buying the pass. The report also mentions that anyone who has already bought a 6-day card for one area (i.e. SkiWelt or Kitzbühel), can buy a day ticket for the other area for €15. The report starts by saying that "The SkiWelt is going onto the offensive..." with respect to the Kitzbüheler Alpen All Star Card. Maybe the web site just hasn't caught up yet.

Or maybe the report is wrong. I hope it is the websites not caught up, because with the 6 day SkiWelt at 209.50, that would mean the Kitzalp card would only be 216.50, rather than the 232 shown on the various websites.

And then it would work out cheaper for me (staying in Niederau) to get a 6 day Kitzalp than to get a 4 day Ski Juwel plus a 2 day Ski Welt (which come to 225 between them).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have just phoned the SkiWelt Marketing GmbH and the lady there only knows the prices as on the website. So I fear the report in the paper is false. She said she would check further but I wouldn't hold your breath! It did seem unlikely that they would change the prices in the middle of the season - they would have had a riot on their hands from folk who had bought the ticket earlier.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
IIRC the AllStar pass also covers the train between Kitz and Brixen which may be helpful at beginning/end of day.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Definately worth it, ki west run is great and if you plan your day you can get across the 3s to Pass thurn etc, great views and generally the best snow in the area. The bus is easy, regular and short.
I will be in Kirchberg this year and have stayed in Kitz and the ski welt in the past and I always get the Allstar pass, its a no brainer especially if you like to travel
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Off to Kirchberg next Sunday for the week. Will be skiing both Kitz and the Sk welte
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy