Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard instruction at The Lecht/Cairngorm/Glenshee ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a good school or individual at or near any of the above ? Also anyone have any preferences for one of them over the others for boarding ?

My daughter is 11 , very competent on skis and now wants to try boarding , and we expect to be in the Glenlivet area at the Feb half term . We are about 20 mins from The Lecht , 75 mins from Cairngorm and a bit more to Glenshee. What I have seen over the years is that whilst the Lecht is very small it tends not to get storm bound like the others ; Glenshee is great but does not get the snow staying and Cairngorm has the most accessible pistes.

Many thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.theskischool.co.uk/

I'm a ski instructor with this ski school but have been out recently learning to board with some of the boarding guys and was well impressed.

My daughter is taking lessons with them at half term, last time she did it she loved it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
roga, many thanks. I looked at your website and all was OK until I got to the bit saying be at the office before 08.00 in the half term !

For us that means getting up around 06.00 .

Is that for real ? I would like her to have private lessons for more time in bed/battling with the snow from where we stay .

Many thanks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
alltnaha, your best bet is probably to phone and speak to someone about that, I don't know if that's actually the advice for everyone or just those on group lessons needing hire/tickets or even if it's a bit exaggerated for those who might tempted to pitch up at 9.30/10 thinking they'll be fine. What I can say is that the hill is likely to be very busy indeed over half-term and for my part I've learnt that I need to be there well before 8.30 or I'll likely not be able to park in the top car park. If you decide to do privates you should find you can go for a more flexible start time but be aware the car parks will fill up fast every morning and the hire queues will be large (although there is a dedicated ski school hire queue so you'll be able to by pass the main queue).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
roga, that's great much appreciated.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy