Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has www.snowbrainer.com (Ski Rental) ceased trading?

Poster: A snowHead
I've used these guys for the last three years to book equipment in several resorts, but I've visited their website over the past month or so to book for next year but it looks like they may have ceased trading.

There is a holding message in the booking screen that says they are undergoing maintenance and they'll be back in a few hours but it's been like that for weeks.

Anybody know anything…….?
Puzzled

ON 18/12/12 admin wrote:
Just to clear the mystery up: SnowBrainer was bought by ALPINRESORTS last season so all safe and sound.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
oofaafuu, Just tooke a quick look at Companies House. Snowbrainer Ltd has had a first gazette and looks like it could soon be struck off (filing of accounts overdue since 30/4). You never know, site might continue when winter gets underway under a new company name.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller wrote:
oofaafuu, Just tooke a quick look at Companies House. Snowbrainer Ltd has had a first gazette and looks like it could soon be struck off (filing of accounts overdue since 30/4). You never know, site might continue when winter gets underway under a new company name.
Cheers,

Never thought to look at the CH website.

I guessed it may be in trouble, but if it has gone, sad to see it fail - the pre-bookable deals were excellent value.

Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
oofaafuu, I think a lot of their deals were via Skiset anyway. I went through the motions last December and settled on www.alpinresorts.com - deal was better and it worked like clockwork.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Eeek oh no, I have used them several times in the past too and I have booked and paid for our skis over Christmas this year, wonder if I have now lost my money. Anyone got any ideas?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
GixerGirl, did you pay by credit card?

Here's the Companies House stuff... http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/54173f980191ace3f500d19e563c6a6e/compdetails
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No, paid by paypal, just phoned paypal, not covered as the purchase for not for tangible goods and was hire/deposit for goods, or so I am told and is outwith the 45 day cut off period.

Hopefully the ski shop will have had the cash transferred to them and all will be okay.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Hopefully the ski shop will have had the cash transferred to them and all will be okay.

GixerGirl, highly unlikely. In fact, I'm 100% certain they would not have had the money yet. Your only hope is that they will honour the booking. Worth having a chat with them, they may have taken lots of bookings and don't realise what's going on.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alpinresorts were cheaper, but unlike snowbrainer they didn't seem to work automatically when I tried to book skis last minute.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
GixerGirl, Do you fund paypal from your credit card? If so it's worth contacting them.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Colin B wrote:
GixerGirl, Do you fund paypal from your credit card? If so it's worth contacting them.

Hi, no, just my normal bank card, will give the bank a phone in the morning and see what they say.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quick update: I have now received a full refund for my ski hire from Snowbrainer, I'm am still not sure what the situation is with this company but they did mention on e-mail that they were not planning to use Skiset for next season. I had better now arrange some more ski hire. Roll on Christmas holidays.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GixerGirl wrote:
Roll on Christmas holidays.

An excellent idea, holidays in the form of a handy aerosol free applicator. Put me down for a box of Roll On Christmas holidays and half a dozen Roll On Easters thanks. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very funny, good one Madeye-Smiley Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone know if they are still trading?
Have used them the past few years,last email i had from them a couple of weeks ago said they would be taking bookings in about 10 days time.
Anyone recommend any other ski hire places?
ski holidays
coolhandluke, snowrental or Sport2000
latest report
They're putting some updates on here http://www.facebook.com/snowbrainer.

Last update 28th Nov says
"Buster and I would like to say hours now but more likely by week end. Thank you all of you for your patience it is much appreciated"
followed by
"I am so sorry we were hoping to be up and running but the changeover to new shops has taken far longer than we wanted. Thanks for hanging in with us this long".
latest report
I got an email from them yesterday, with the discount code of "snow1", and they are up and trading again. Looks like they are using Sport 2000 for the rentals.

The website is also a bit of an improvement.
snow report
The discount code is actually Snow10. Thanks though m00958, I discover I've got an email from them too.
ski holidays
James the Last, I just checked the email again, and we're both right snowHead

I forgot the bit about "snow10" towards the bottom as it's "for bookings to Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Andorra, Germany, Czech Republic and Bulgaria" and I'm going to France
snow conditions
My email said the code was for bookings to France Puzzled
ski holidays
m00958 wrote:
James the Last, I'm going to France

I'm not... snowHead snowHead snowHead

OK, we're both right! I didn't read it that carefully but noted that Snow1 did not work so read down a little further and saw another code. I thought it was their fault...
latest report
The discounts dont seem to be as good as last year for Austria at any rate
ski holidays
Strange thing though - I think Snowbrainer was registered in Lincoln UK but now seems to have moved to Malta. Website is also virtually the same as www.alpinresorts.com which is registered in Bratislava...what's going on?
snow report
They even have a link to the alpinresorts.com website as a partner.

Anyway, have just booked through Snowbrainer. They were a bit cheaper (Austria) in Sterling (which they quote in) than alpinresorts (quote in Euros) as they had an effective exchange rate of €1.23! so I went with them.

Hope the skis will be there tomorrow evening/Saturday morning for me...
ski holidays
James the Last, How did the ski hire with Snowbrainer go - any probs?
snow conditions
Perfect.
snow conditions
3 people in my party used it a couple of weeks ago in Val Thorens. No problems. All worked as easily as it had done in the past.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Had skis for the whole family through Snowbrainer at Xmas - Sport2000 Alpe d'Huez Bergers - and there was no problem.
Handed the ref number over, chap in shop looked it up on their system and got our skis out (and boots for the kids).
No problems.
ski holidays
Just back from a fantastic week in La Clusaz and very pleased to report that the Snowbrainer hire went perfectly. The shop was directly at the bottom of the gondola station and even stored the skis and boots for 1 euro per day!
snow report
I used them again this year for booking in Les Gets. Very good deal and no probs at all. They used Sport 2000
ski holidays
Just to clear the mystery up: Snowbrainer was bought by Alpinresorts last season.
ski holidays
Yes, and SB seem to be just a bit cheaper than for the same store/resort/dates than AR.
snow conditions
Only used them once in Morzine but they were fine then and they have just sent through a discount code so thought I would share it; 'tho the thread heading is not that relevant anymore.

get now up to -44% (regular would be up to 42%) by entering your promo code "snow1"!
Discount only valid for bookings in France!
BOOK NOW IN OVER 600 SHOPS IN WHOLE EUROPE!
For bookings to Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Andorra, Germany, Czech Republic and Bulgaria please use the promotion code "snow10"

disclaimer I have no idea if it works but worth a try.
snow report
Always use them for children and newbies, always fine. Why pay more than you have to? Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy