Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Guide recommendations - Alps (Silvretta range?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello!

I am planning a hut to hut trip in the Alps with a few friends and I'd love any recommendations. We're like the sound of the Silvretta range and a few of the huts there, although we're still pretty open minded.

There are three of us, all girls, with touring experience ranging from zero to eight days. About five days skiing between two or three huts in March is what we're looking for.

We've be in touch with a few guides via the Ischgyl ski school website, but I'd be far more comfortable going with someone who'd been recommended.

So, fire away... anyone know of a guide who is reliable, trust-worthy, and fun? Patience and willingness to give some basic instruction would also be good.

Thanks!

Hermione
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've skied with Gerold Duenser and with Wolfgang from the Alpin Centre in Lech. Both come highly recommended. Wolfgang dealt with my "height issues" on top of the Dreilanderspitze very well.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hermione Taylor, kevin benk at skicheck (hockfugen) does a lot of guiding in the silvretta region, also can highley recommend martin from the ischgl ski school
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hermione Taylor wrote:
Hello!

I am planning a hut to hut trip in the Alps with a few friends and I'd love any recommendations. We're like the sound of the Silvretta range and a few of the huts there, although we're still pretty open minded.

So, fire away... anyone know of a guide who is reliable, trust-worthy, and fun? Patience and willingness to give some basic instruction would also be good.

Thanks!

Hermione

Piste Powder from St.Anton
They have special program
http://www.pistetopowder.com/ski-touring-course-silvretta-austria.html
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello Hermione Taylor
Quote:
We like the sound of the Silvretta range and a few of the huts there
Mrs MA & I did 5 days in the Silvretta last Feb with Icicle Mountaineering (a UK company, although the guide was Gilles, a Frenchman) - we had virtually wall to wall powder (fresh tracks all week) and sun. Needless to say it was fantastic.

http://www.icicle-mountaineering.ltd.uk/silvretta%2Bski%2Btour.html

Have you all stayed in mountain huts before? If not, the Silvretta huts are (relatively) comfortable with hot showers, which is not always the case as, in winter, huts sometimes have no running water. Also, the skiing descents are not too steep and the scenery is fantastic - ideal as an intro ski tour, or for those with limited touring experience. It was our third mult-day tour (after two days in Chamonix and 4 days on the Haute Route) and we loved it.

Here are a few pics for you:

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy