Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please take part in this undergraduate study.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have you ever wondered why certain people just don’t enjoy thrills the same as you? We are conducting an experiment to try and figure out what causes people to take risks in high risk sports. This survey will only take 10mins and will help me to do my 3rd year project at uni. Also there is a prize draw at the end if you need further incentive. Please click the link below to take part, if you cannot click on the link simply open a new tab on your browser and enter the link into the search bar. Thank you.

https://survey.psychology.bangor.ac.uk/mediation
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Once is enough!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Could a mod delete either ALL of these survey posts, or at least all but one.

Its a crap survey with no academic rigor behind it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Doesn't work. Question 7
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The whole premise of the questionaire seems flawed in defining high "risk" sports, and associating this with "thrills". I see mountain biking is included but not road biking!! Rock climbing but not ice climbing!
All of the sports you mention have subjective dangers that can be managed, few if any of them have the "risk" of objective dangers

Question 7, I withdrew from participation in climbing for a week because of a broken finger nail. question not really thought out?

Question 8, what do you mean by a "close call"?

Question 11 shows how you clearly have no understanding of any of the so called "high risk" sports you list. it would be more appropriate for unprotected dogging

In summary a lazy and hastily compiled questionaire with no appreciation of the issues you claim to be researching
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mmilton.05saa, as you may have gathered there was a similar survey put on here last season. Actually I found the personality questions more interesting than those from the other survey and less crassly "thrill seeking" oriented. I have a feeling On the rocks may not have read that far.

I did it but it meant accepting things I don't agree with. Most of the time I don't actually see skiing as a high risk sport though I had to for this survey. I tend to ski within my ability and seldom fall (perhaps 2 or 3 times in a week). Occasionally I take what I see as a slight risk (and occasionally it is a risk which might kill me). I accept that skiing off piste with a guide (which is what I do most of the time) does involve a small risk of dying in an avalanche but it is quite small (though larger over a lifetime).

Your possible answers to "Frequency" are useless for skiing. We need an option for how many weeks of skiing do we do each year. Personally I do about 3 weeks (perhaps 24 days)
Answer of once every six months was what I checked since I had to check something but it doesn't reflect what I and other skiers do.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy