Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Design the perfect run

Poster: A snowHead
I guess this follows from the favourite runs thread.

I suggest the perfect run would need the following:

1. A steep start so you get a bit of a scare at the top.

2. A reasonable degree of flatness so I can get some speed up.

3. Just enough steepness to scare me and make me feel brave.

4. A bend you can tank round on your edges, but not blind so you can see the boarders sitting on the apex and cut inside them.

5. Hardish icy snow for predictability.

6. Some rocky scenery to be dramatic.

7. A nice surprise of some kind, perhaps a bank of snow to jump off.

8 A few trees a polite distance from the piste.

9. No narrow bits.

10. A friendly bar at the bottom.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
what about a natural gulley thing half way down, so that you can go weeeeeee!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good idea. I love stall turns up the side.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Apart from a quick lift back up and very few others knowing about it, I think you've about covered the requirements.
I'll take 50 linked please, in a traditional mountain village with easy access by air/train.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No. 5???

See my sig.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Could we also please arrange for several hours of crisp bright sunshine a day and a fresh dump of snow every night?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
by the way, homphomp, that is my 'counterargument from design'. If God really existed, he would have arranged things so that it only snowed at night and it was bright and sunny during the day.

Sorry for the thread hijack. To keep it mildly on topic...did God design that perfect run and place it anywhere you know of?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Bish, Try the Lauberhorn run, a steep ish start, several nice bends, fairly wide for most of the run, mid part goes past trees, there's a speed gun part way down, several flatish glides, a steep finish with plenty of run out and Bars at both top and bottom plus it's often fairly hard packed and has a jump near the top
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dunno. But if you we're going to design a piste, it would be completly different to an off-piste run.
Don't want no stinking powder on my high speed piste.
Just lovely, smooth, gently undulating creamy coudrouy. snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh please, the overnight snow needs to have been patted down by the time we get to this wonderful piste.....by the way, it needs to be secret - not marked on any piste map, so that only Snowheads can use it - don't want it to become so popular that it gets too busy to have fun on!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can we have a "No Boarders" sign at the top?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry, no. My perfect piste is going to be inclusive. I'd even let freemasons use it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Bish, What!? Shocked No bumps, only one jump, and no sudden dips that leave your stomach behind.
I think you have designed the ultimate boring run Exclamation Exclamation Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can we also make it a hike from the top of a lift?
That way, only people prepared to make an effort will go in, and you won't just get guys going - let's try down here to see if we can get down to the mid-mountain restaurant for our Pimms...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Definitely no bumps.

Maybe there needs to be some sort of adjuster at the top so each person can select, sort of a la carte, what particular variations they want.

One man's boring is another man's terrifying.

I think my run is blue/red.
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, I repeat my inclusive point. Even Pimms drinkers welcome.
ski holidays
I just don't want it to be busy, or have skiers stopped in the middle, when they could be at the edge.
Mine would be Black powder to start, then a red bit, then a few bumps, followed by a pisted black run out (with a lot of tree options all the way down)
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, now that's my sort of run! Very Happy
ski holidays
homphomp, you're kidding, right? Deep, untracked, white smoke, snorkle snow.

Ahhhhh.... Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Definitely need some bumps in there somewhere. Howabout a really wide bit (steep too) where one side of the piste has huge moguls, with the other side perfectly flat? In the middle, some normal-sized bumps, but the idea is you can choose your line.

Oh, and some of the moguls would be evenly spaced for those of us who can't quite pick our line yet!!

The most important thing though is the method of returning you to the top! We need a nice 3+km run that is served by stupidly high-speed twelve-seater chairlifts. That runs until sunset. I like the bit about keeping it quiet, but rather than making it a hike, howabout just putting it in a small resort that no-one knows about? That is on the doorstep of a convenient airport?
snow report
The chairlifts are important. Not overhead so no-one can laugh at me wiping out on Jonpim's bumps and jumps.

Am I the only person who's game for any run in private but plays it safe in the full public gaze?
latest report
I'm sure you're not Jonny Jones, but I'm the opposite: a terrible show-off. My only real ski injury (torn lateral ligament of knee) was caused by showing off under a chair lift at Glenshee. The dreaded Scottish Porridge did for me. Sad
snow report
ssh wrote:
homphomp, you're kidding, right? Deep, untracked, white smoke, snorkle snow.

Ahhhhh.... Very Happy Very Happy

Yes, yes....but I want that off piste. This is the perfect piste which must be patted down so that I can carve at frighteningly high speed, swoop over the brows of hills.....then panic when I hit the mogul field!
latest report
homphomp, no, you need it on piste to practice on.

Well I do.
snow report
You definitely need rollers - they're great fun (unless you don't carry enough speed into them - as if!)
latest report
masopa, don't do walking anymore....used to when I was too frightened to let go - but not anymore. Watch out for me whizzing past you on this perfect piste....wheeeee!!!
snow conditions
Don't worry homphomp, I'll see you coming - I'll be the one skiing it backwards on my left ski, whilst giving my right ski a quick edge sharpen. Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy