Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Burning luv

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've almost definitely decided to buy some. I loved them at the MK ski test and I've been reading good stuff about them. I've not had my own skis for years (there are some 190cm K2s and some 175 Volkl P somethings in the loft).

A few questions for you knowledgeable snowHeads.

I love skiing on Bandit B2s (as EOSBers know), but they've all changed this year and I'm confused about them now. Will the K2s suit me - I like popping off the piste from time to time snowHead

Length. I read on Epic that because of some technical reason or other, the 160s are more like 167s. Does this mean that the 153s would be more like 160s? (I'm 5ft 4 and a half).

I know they've got flowers all over them, but at least they're not pink Blush
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RachelQ, sorry, can't answer your questions, but don't worry about the design. They look pretty cool in that colour.

My wife's been staring at them longingly in the ski mags. She's got a pair of K2 t-nine Spires (167s I think) from a few seasons ago which she loves, but I think their days may be numbered!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RachelQ, Mrs Ski has Phat Luvs, and luvs them snowHead She is 5'6" and they are 170s....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mrs S.Z.Keeper too. No more arguements hors-piste, she loves phat luv. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski, Phat Luvs are very, er, fat, aren't they? More off piste than on - what are they like on hard packed pistes?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mrs S.Z. Keeper has no real problems on piste with 'em. They have no real radius to speak of, but with the increasing number of people on the piste not many of us hold the turn long enough to worry. She skis stiff-ish boots so can keep her edge preasure when it counts. She skis quite well when i think back, i'm so proud, tee hee. Twisted Evil
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My missus is on 160 Burnin' Luv's (the yellowy orangey ones right?). Deb is 5'6"/135lbs & loves them. Length is dictated more by weight & the K2 rep at the Castleford test recommended the 160's for Deb. EB's have demos in all lengths (at Castleford anyway) so I'd suggest trying them again in both lengths at MK.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RachelQ, I was looking at some at the Ski Show on Friday (after we had been to the Baileys Bar Laughing ) but they were more expensive than in EB at Milton Keynes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
By the way, you've probably seen it already, but they've a review of 6 women's skis in this month's Daily Mail Ski mag. The Burnin' Luvs did best. Interestingly they compared each model with the equivalent male ski, in this case the Apache Crossfire. The Burnin' Luvs were the only ski where all 4 reviewers preferred the female version.

Also, they positioned it as a 60/40 ski in favour of on-piste.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
alan empty, thanks, yes I read that article, it was just one of the reasons for helping me make up my mind (almost) Madeye-Smiley

Linds, I didn't look at them at the ski show, but EB online have got them for £380 inc. Marker bindings. I've asked DaveB in the States to see what they cost out there. He's coming over in November, so it might be worth a try.

spyderjon, how does Deb get on with them off piste? We're about the same weight, so I'll probably go for the 160s, I can't get to MK to test them for ages, but I'm convinced 153 is too short.

This is what I read on Epic about the length:
Quote:
The 160 Burnin' Luvs seem longer than they are to you, because all 2004/05 K2 skis feature now a new low profile tip geometry which increases the skis' running surface by 7 cm. Therefore your 160 cm ski can actually be compared to a 167 cm 2003/04 K2 ski (or any other ski with standard tip geometry).

Does that make sense Puzzled

Should I credit the author of a post quoted from somewhere else?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RachelQ wrote:
spyderjon, how does Deb get on with them off piste? We're about the same weight, so I'll probably go for the 160s, I can't get to MK to test them for ages, but I'm convinced 153 is too short.

She hasn't yet been off piste with them. You do ski them short so yes if your the same weight as Deb the 160's will be fine.

You should be able to get 10% off the EB Store Manager as they've issued 10% vouchers to SCGB members.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I got the burning luvs last year and love them! Have been a bit off piste in them and they seemed to go well. I'm 5'6 and just over 8 stone and did have last year's 160's which seemed just right for me....untill EB lost them servicing them- but they promised to replace them for free this season. Have just collected them with no hassle - so top marks to EB for customer service and new skis 2 years on the trot!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy