Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FREE Avalanche Awareness Lectures in Chamonix this winter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick message to let you know that following on from the success of last season's lectures there will again be a FREE Avalanche Awareness lecture in Chamonix every week this winter season.

The lectures are being held upstairs at La Terrasse bar in the centre of Chamonix. They will be at 18.15 every Monday from 10 Dec 2012 to 11 Mar 2013. NB: Christmas and New Year week the lectures will be on a Sunday night instead.

Lectures last around 45 minutes, and will be delivered by qualified Mountain Guides resident in Chamonix. The lectures cover a variety of topics, including avalanche avoidance and rescue techniques.

Lectures are provided courtesy of www.avalancheacademy.com.

There is no charge for attending, so please show your support for La Terrase by getting there early and getting a drink at the bar.

Have a safe season.....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I attended one of these last year. It was very useful, if you get a chance try and get to one.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What a brilliant idea, pity I'm not going anywhere near Chamonix.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been to one of these lectures for the last two winters. Even if you think you know everything it is definitely worth going along.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MrsFS did one of Avalanche Academy's courses last year. She had a great time and learnt lots. As an added bonus, she was "no trouble" when she came home as she was knackered! snowHead

Recommended.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Would love this. If they could be recorded and put up somewhere online I'd pay to view them?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
8611, eggs actly
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
One in Morzine tomorrow evening 11th, at 18.00 in Beanies coffee shop. Free.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DallyPaul, Any idea if more are planned for Morzine, I'll be there in February?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi there

It's great to see that people are so positive about these presentations. The Morzine lecture was so well attended we couldn't actually fit any more people in the room - hence we may do another one there in the New Year. Details TBC.

However, we are holding one in Verbier next week. Wednesday night (19 Dec 2012), 7pm, at the Pub Mont Fort near the Medran lift. Hope to see you all there.

http://www.avalancheacademy.com
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi, these sound great. I've been looking everywhere for avalanche training in Verbier.

I'm only there 1 week this year, sadly (19-25 Feb) but dead keen to attend a presentation like this, or indeed a whole-day training. Any idea if anything's available round that time?

TIA
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy