Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grimentz off piste (packaged - sort of)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
EDITED POST PER COMMENTS RECEIVED ON THE ORIGINAL

The Grimentz/Zinal telecabine link is under construction (after many years delay) and this is the last season to ski the 2 resorts without the additional people who we think will be attracted to it next season and may well make areas like Chamois busier (because of the ease of access). I think it is a good time to visit for those who have not skied the Val d'Anniviers area.

A recent link to an article from Eric (at skizinal.com) writing in Fallline is: http://www.fall-line.co.uk/backcountry/val-danniviers-big-backcountry-descents

Question: I have a place with some space in March. I also have access to guides, equipment, catering if needed etc. Any views on the best way to promote this type of (not a packaged offpiste holiday but trying to make it easier for people wanting to access off piste in a resort they may not know and which is not really covered by the mainstream operators who arrange offpiste trips)?

Cheers

Chris

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 5-12-12 18:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quite a nice area (for those who don't know it) - not far from Verbier. I seem to remember there is a bus to Zinal but you can ski back off-Piste.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks snowball and yes the bus to Zinal and then return via the Chamois itenrary route is one of the options there which are well worth doing. theother main ones are highlighted in the Fall lline article
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chrisJersey, I passed my IML in Zinal (well St Luc and all over the valley). Cool place.

If you want to advertise though I would reccomend contacting admin and he can set you up with something. Its ok to have a link in your tag but you will get asked not to overtly advertise in any of the forum.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chrisJersey, what in garbure we trust says. I think this post is a tad on the edge of what snowheads allows, but hey, you've asked nicely, so run it by admin and see what he says.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fair enough comments above so i have edited the original post. i am still intereseted in how people arrange their offpiste/touring holidays if they dont want to use (pay) a mainstream operator and are trying somewhere new. for me this has historically meant a lot of legwork trying to find what is available in resort. is there a database per resort which lists resources for those interested in offpiste and if not would there be any interest in one? i am sure someone here can point me in the right direction
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy