Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Skis.

Poster: A snowHead
Hey was wondering if anyone can help me ? Puzzled

Last year i went to Tignes for a week on my first proper ski holiday! had a great time great snow and all the rest of it but out of our group i was the only 1 on skis Very Happy i found the skis i was using were na the best? they were Rosignol (i forget the model) but i found them very very heavy.

Can anyone recomend a set of skis which are very light weight good in the powder and not 2 expensive?
Puzzled

Thanks in advance. Blush
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dave_wick, I'd suggest that you rent again this year, but this time, pay for "premium" skis (normally the tour op will offer standard or "premium", supposedly the premium ones should be better.)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i think i need light skis because im a very small guy and found my legs were constantly getting sore, maybe i was na doing it right ....? i was blamming the skis anyway but maybe it was me !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dave_wick,

If you go with a TO then they may have commercial reasons for using a certain shop. I usually go to the shop that has the skis I want rather than take whatever they give me. But try and do some homework and get an idea of what skis will be suitable for you. You are lucky here in that the skis might be catergorised beginner/early intermidiate, which is one category that is useful -sorry, tangent , other thread - so get a few models and try and match them up with the ski shop you chose. Also, try and match them geographically, as in a French/Italian ski is more likely to be found in France or Italy and not say, Austria. A bit of a mine- field, I know, but you could supply details of where you are going this year and it is likely that someone here has been there and can recommend things. Thats the beauty of this forum, there is often someones who knows..!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dave_wick,
Quote:

found my legs were constantly getting sore

This won't be the skis. Lessons are the answer ! snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dave_wick, having sore legs kind of comes as part of the experience. Not sure if this was your first time skiing or just your first ski holiday.

Reducing strain on your legs, and other parts of the body, can be achieved by getting reasonably or even very fit before you go. Cycling and running good bed partners for skiers IMHO of course!!

CP
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aren't the bindings on hire skis different so they are fully adjustable and thus are often heavier than normal?

If it was your first ski holiday and you were snowploughing that can be a killer on the legs. Improvement in technique, through lessons, and fitness will help you a lot.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cathy Coins, Rental bindings often adjust at the front and back to allow for different boot sizes. It does make them heavier, but not that much heavier..............
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dave_wick, you could try Salomon teneighties - this season they're fat but because they're freestyle skis (made for jumping around on) they're probably lighter weight than your average all mountain ski.

Just make sure you don't buy a light-weight ski and buy a set of heavy-duty bindings though... Smile

http://www.salomonski.com/uk/products/segment.asp?n_typprod=Ski&idtp=3292&idr=10046
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have been sking plenty in the cairngorms but last year we went to tignes for a week, funily enough we are going back for another ween in January ! le lac this time though which is basicly 2 mins from val claret. (its very expensive here)

My mates were boarding and were goning through the powder(of piste a bit) doing some jumps and stuff which looks like fun! but i just sunk ! and got stuck so maybe i need a different type of ski to get more enjoyment out of the holiday!

We wont have a TO as we are organizing oureslfs.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have been sking plenty in the cairngorms but last year we went to tignes for a week, funily enough we are going back for another ween in January ! le lac this time though which is basicly 2 mins from val claret. (its very expensive here)

My mates were boarding and were goning through the powder(of piste a bit) doing some jumps and stuff which looks like fun! but i just sunk ! and got stuck so maybe i need a different type of ski to get more enjoyment out of the holiday!

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dave_wick, what was that again? snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
lol

sorry.
ski holidays
dave_wick, Sorry - having read your post (s), you've skied quite a bit ? Puzzled You won't stay on top of the snow like your mates, but fatter skis (Pocket Rockets, B3, Legends) will help. Little Angel Lessons too.. Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy