Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ski song

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

JayDub,.
Quote:

The Invitations - Skiing in the Snow
What a classic....where on earth did you uncover this from? I'm quite partial to 'Wipeout by the Surfaris.

I just know the song. I do not own it on Vinyl though. A friend tried to get if for me, he reckoned he found a copy - but it was £400!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zammo wrote:
Woosh, good track.

I remember skiing some fabulous fresh to My Delirium (Ladyhawke). That worked well.

Having just watched another Nimbus episode, Truth by Alexander will be on my playlist this season.

Truth is a very good song for a blue sky day. My Delirium is very good as well, try also Magic by same artist.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gotta be Doves - Pounding - its pretty euphoric to be in such a beautiful place listening to such a great tune

http://youtube.com/v/Leg3uiu0g1c&feature=player_detailpage
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
oofaafuu, gary, its Lynyrd Skynryd, but ya good shout, would have to be the live version "play it pretty for Atlanta"

That said, I dont listen to music whilst skiing but do quite often sing to myself, and sometimes even not so much to myself
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
redrunmarcus, Good grief, not heard a shout out for Wishbone Ash for many a long year, reminds me of when I was 15 ish and saw them at the Odeon in Birmingham. Good times Cool
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pjd wrote:
Schifoan by Wolfgang Ambros. Natuerlich.

This owns all the others! Good shout.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wouldn't dream of wearing ear pieces when skiing - but I have been known to bellow
Word of Mouth happily when whizzing down a motorway blue Embarassed
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm on the, Top of the World,
Looking down on creation,
and the only explanation I can find,
Is the love that I've found,
Of the black I'm hurtling down,
Is gonna end up with me tumbling in a Whirl!

(To be sung to the carpenter's tune)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://open.spotify.com/user/montgele/playlist/14vXOR9IG4HZZOlqxMOwt8

Awesome playlist in the mountain
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cynic, You win definitely!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can't believe nobody has suggested the obvious choice.

Gina, Gina, he's just a ski instructor.

http://youtube.com/v/bi1ISPKADuk

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 18-09-14 9:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Riders on the Storm! Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
First thing played in our room on a ski holiday is Fire- Kasabian which is played every morning whilst we get ready. don't listen to music when skiing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pendulum - Self vs. Self...... activate mach looney!!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Falling by HAIM
ski holidays
An old thread wink but surprised nobody has mentioned Dire Straits Money for Nothing.

Stand at the top of a slope let the intro build then launch yourself down the fall line, all or nothing snowHead

youtube.com/v/wTP2RUD_cL0

Off for another 4 hrs of Dire Straits at CFe snowHead
snow report
speed098, Great song, back in the 80's I had my car broken into and all the cassette tapes stolen! funny actually they left me with one tape, Dire Straits Brother in Arms Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Best Ski Song?
Best song about skiing? Or with lyrics/title related to skiing? Or to listen to while skiing?
Or maybe brings back good memories.
Like "Journey to an Imaginary Land" by Gandalf that was playing in the taxi that took us from Milan to Cervinia Xmas '87 after we had missed our flight. A ski trip that started in disaster and turned out to be one of the best.
Or "No more I love you's" by Annie Lennox (also known as the dubba-dub-dub song) that was playing all over the slopes of Montchavin one particularly happy holiday.
Or "Its Raining Men" by The Weather Girls that was acted out by the kids (six of them) during an Easter trip, as a show for their thrilled parents (3 sets) - with the youngest kid (6 yrs) draped in bananas, taking on the role of Mother Nature.
latest report
If I Could Read Your Mind - Gordon Lightfoot
ski holidays
Break my Stride by Matthew Wilder

This got me through the bumps of my L2 in March. Right tempo and the mantra from the trainer was "always keep turning" and "tips in the snow".
ski holidays
Reo Speedwagon Riding the Storm Out

Anything off Californication or ByThe Way Red Hot Chilli Peppers, great for the ski bus.
ski holidays
Anything with a good guitar riff and a mega bass/drum backbeat.
latest report
23 of the best songs for skiing and snowboarding according to Ski and Board

Not really impressed with this choice at all, except maybe for Talking Heads and The Doors.
snow report
Ski Party by Les Alpines Idiotes always gets me in the mood. http://www.theshapersblog.com/video-les-alpines-idiotes-ski-party/
snow conditions
I don't listen to anything when I board, but some songs do pop up, usually those from ski/snowboard movies and segments I like.

So songs like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VlsBPH8O7q8
snow conditions
I would vote for the song 'The Edges Are No Longer Parallel'
snow report
Hows about

http://youtube.com/v/HB-Kkvf5j5Y
snow report
Wide Open Space Lyrics — Mansun

I used to play it at the top of my 1st run down, just after having a nice roll up and strapping on my snowboard.

Those were the days

As a 40+ year old skier I listen to a selection of Terry Wogan podcasts Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cortez the killer - Neil Young

Well after many late night/early mornings debating , this is my song for the free-riding segment on the video release , some nice guitar work as i glide down the cliff face Smile

Dont like listening to music on the slopes , is it not a bit dangerous? i like going pretty fast and would crash into someone?

maybe cruising a wide blue

Space is Deep by the mighty Hawkwind Smile
latest report
Those were the days.......ha!

http://youtube.com/v/AyaTIXdN5fI

Mary Hopkin? Shocked Laughing kiteman69,
snow report
Voyage Voyage by Desireless - my first trip skiing in Europe on the bus from Geneva to Zermatt, I thought this music was impossibly European...
Joe Satriani being played on a loop in Jeans Bar - Chamonix Sud every night for 2 weeks
and after hearing them on a Swedish Ski movie (Down Films?) The Soundtrack of our Lives has become a firm favourite for the slopes.
latest report
Immigrant Song by Led Zep - first line says it all. Twisted Evil
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy