Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vonn seeking legal advice over FIS decision

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In an interview on Eurosport’s Ski Pass TV Show, Lindsey Vonn intimated that she's seeking legal advice about how to overturn the FIS decision that she will not be allowed to race against her male counterparts in the World Cup at Lake Louise in November....See: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/alpine-skiing-exclusive-vonn-consults-legal-team-fis-172351948.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If Vonn is allowed to race in the mens tour, what´s to stop the men racing in the womens tour??? Equal rights should be just that, equal rights.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kooky, I guess that is where FIS are coming from on this, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone expected anything different anyway? Going to court and sue someone instead of having breakfast is part of American culture... and it's being proven again... too bad she will probably have to do it in Switzerland, where this is not part of culture.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fattes13, Literally!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
According to some of the European Ski racing sites I belong to she is losing fans big time! Comments coming fast and thick about ego and silliness. Most seem to be angry that she wants things all her own way and is disparging about the other women on the circuit as well as the men she feels she is better than. She has been told that the rules apply, she cannot race the same hill twice in a week. The ladies are in Lake Lousie immediately after the men. Either she agrees to give up the women's races or she goes along with the FIS decision. She cannot have it both ways!

I still think it is all a huge publicity stunt to raise awareness and interest in ski racing in the US. The next round of races are based there so what better way to bring people to watch the sport than to start a "poor me" campaign. Along the lines of headlines of "US Golden girl denied ...." or "Europe runs scared of Wonder Woman Lindsey".

I can see a huge wave of Schadenfreude from this side of the Pond (and Ditch) if she does not win or every time she has a DNF this season the rate this saga is going. I've already seen plenty of jokes about Null Points both on German and French speaking sites.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
personally, i'd like to see her given a chance. otherwise the question might fester? will she do ok, or will it be akin to michelle wie on the men's golf tour etc?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What is the point of any sport if competitors can get lawyers to change the rules to their own liking?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oops hit submit too soon!
The upshot of something like this happening could be just a A divison where most of the chaps and the fastest ladies race and B division where most of the very talented and competative ladies scrap it out with not quite good enough for division A chaps!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It doesn't really matter if I like FIS or not, and what I think (or not) about them, but at this time, of course if I would have anything to do with this decission, I would just tell her she's free to compete. But by the rules everyone else need to submit to them. This means, you need to have specific FIS points if you want to ski. And your bib is based on your WCSL position. Which both of them are non existing for her... at least there where it counts... men category. Now go to EC/Noram races, get required points, and start somewhere with number 70. And yes, you just broke the rule about no skiing on race hill week or less before race, so you are automatically disqualified from women race. Happy?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looking forwards to Mixed Boxing and a huge increase in Gym Subscriptions from men.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
^ This. Otherwise she should just STFU. AIUI she's been offered the chance to prove her point by forerunning. If she doen't want to do that, the longer she bitches and whines about something that was only ever a publicity stunt makes her look like foolish.

Second scenario - they give her the start but on condition she runs the men DH circuit all season - Lauberhorn, Hannenkahn etc., no complaining.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fatbob wrote:
^ primoz - This. Otherwise she should just STFU. AIUI she's been offered the chance to prove her point by forerunning. If she doen't want to do that, the longer she bitches and whines about something that was only ever a publicity stunt makes her look like foolish.

Second scenario - they give her the start but on condition she runs the men DH circuit all season - Lauberhorn, Hannenkahn etc., no complaining.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry lost ability to edit for some reason.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy