Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter trip 05/06 advice needed...

Poster: A snowHead
Both my partner and I have been to various resorts in Europe and Canada, but this year we wanted to spend the majority of this winter in Europe skiing Toofy Grin . Keen to revisit some resorts like Chamonix and Zermatt, but also include some new ones like Verbier, Val d'Isere and Cortina. We are planning on leaving the UK before Christmas and see how things go. Before we have nearly always gone on package hols, although my other half spent 7 years doing back to back seasons in Europe and NZ, but her accomodation came as part of the job, so we are keen to find good cheap accomodation. The less we can spend on accom the longer we can stay... Any tips or advice on how to find accomodation or just where the best places to go on a budget would be most apprieciated. Got ourselves a cool toyota 4x4 and want to make this trip a real scorcher...
Look forward to hearing your comments...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could base yourself in Bourg St Maurice and drive to the resorts which are nearby. These include Les Arcs, La Plagne, La Rosiere, St Foy, Tignes, Val d'Isere and even the Trois Vallees resorts if you don't mind a slightly longer drive. Staying down the valley in BSM will mean your accommodation budget goes a little further than basing yourself in an expensive resort. One of the regular contributors here has an apartment and a studio in BSM, you could try him to see what availability he has.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks..
It is starting to dawn on me that getting accomodation more long term is cheaper than changing around every other week.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rob, do you know who the person is with the apartment in BSM?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pika1971, PG.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pika1971, How long term is long term? The studio apartment in Bourg might be available - we haven't accepted any pre-bookings as yet on it, wasn't sure whether we needed it for family or not.

PM me if that's of interest - thanks rob@rar.org.uk, you summed up the advantages very well!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are looking at Mid December till March... How do you send PM's?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This link will launch a PM addressed to PG, in general if you want to PM someone then follow the Send/Read messages link just below the big snowHeads logo at top right of page.

(Welcome to snowHeads snowHead)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks got that...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pika1971, Welcome to snowHeads Very Happy snowHead Look forward to seeing you in Bourg St. Maurice if you decide to locate there. I was tempted by a suggestion like rob@rar.org.uk,'s above and decided to rent an apartment in Bourg with three others for the coming season. There's a LOT of ground to cover!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pika1971, replied by PM
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sure Bernard, sounds like a great place... hope to see you there
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pika1971, Just dug out some older threads that may be of some interest in getting a flavour for the place!

here and here - in this one saikee summarises a 13 Day tour of the ski areas around Bourg Saint Maurice. I intend to follow, but NOT in just 13 days! snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The only thing that puts me off staying in BSM, is getting parking in the resorts up the mountains. How easy is it?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kramer, fine, there are few places in the Alpes that are a problem in car, Grindelwald would be one, Crans Montanna who charge for parking, Zermatt and having to catch the train but, mostly, it's really fine. There's plenty of parking for ski station, day skiers are a very lucrative income for ski stations so they're well provided for.
snow report
Waht has happened to good ole Saikee. His blnt interpretation of the language was always refreshing. 110 yrs and the kids will be gone and a holiday like this will be a reality. Hope to have some knees left.
ski holidays
Kramer, Plenty of parking in La Rosiere at no cost but if you're staying in BSM it's only in the town centre that there are parking charges. There's a free navette from BSM to the Ecudets chairlift which will take you right into the Domain San Benardo, also plenty of parking at the chairlift, so you don't even have to go to the ski station. Parking is also free at Ste Foy, or was last time I was there and at the Les Arcs furnicular station in BSM. The only resorts in the Haute Tarentaise that charge for parking are Tignes and Val d'Isere

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 14-10-05 11:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Hi Pika1971, you could come and stay some time with us in the Hautes Alpes we have three sensibly priced apartments that would give you access to the following resorts:

Serre Chevalier (15 mins)
Puy St Vincent (5 mins or less depending which apartment you pick)
Pelvoux (10 mins)
Montgenèvre (30 mins)
Clavière (35 mins)
Cesana (1 hour)
San Sicario (1 hour)
Sestrière (1 hour)
Sauze d’Oulx (1 hour)
Risoul (45 mins)
Vars (45 mins)
La Grave (50 mins)
Les 2 Alpes (1 hour)
Alpe d'Huez (1h:10mins)
Plus Various small, but interesting resorts in the Queyras (35-55mins)

If you are interested, take a look at http://www.alpsun.com. We also have the Olympics nearby for the midlle two weeks of Feb. 10% discount for SnowHeads.

Cheers Pete
snow report
Thanks everyone, BSM sounds. We are looking for an apartment to buy too, and very keen to take a look at some while we are there. When would you guys say the best time to buy an apartment is? I am guessing the summer. And any advice on how to go about it as we have never bought property in France before...
ski holidays
Thanks Petel, I will check it out...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy