Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beyond radical! Beyond extreme!

Poster: A snowHead
Whether you are just cautiously contemplating that "first bit off the side" or are so gnarly even your knobs have knobs on then this is the forum for you. Even within and around a resort there is often an amazing amount of lift-accessible off-piste to be found with a knowledgable and professional guide to show the way. Once the bug has bitten you'll soon be trading in those heavy carving thingies for lightweight kit and skins - day tours, week tours, even ski-mountaineering Shocked The world is your lobster!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oops, I've wandered in here without my transceiver. Shocked Nice one Yoda. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yoda, what has brought on this sudden attack of crusading zeal?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just looking out of my office window and seeing everything white Toofy Grin - OK it's only hail but we can dream!

Seriously, we thought it was about time that hors piste was given space to develop - we'll be moving threads from the Piste and other places to here as we go, in the meantime please post any new topics here as appropriate Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Blimey - what next a freestylin jib-jabbery forum?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob, there's always this.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1505033
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good one, Yoda Cool
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oooh... can we have one named Bristleheads for dryslope discussions? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just seen this. Good show (always seemed strange that off-piste had to be classed as "Piste").
I was a bit miss-led by all the old-dated threads: I thought - has it been going for months and I didn't see it?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowball wrote:
Just seen this. Good show (always seemed strange that off-piste had to be classed as "Piste").
I was a bit miss-led by all the old-dated threads: I thought - has it been going for months and I didn't see it?

Me too until I read the announcement. What really confused me was that I knew I'd read some of these and yet couldn't remember having been in this forum. Mystery solved !
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It may be worth moving \ copying \ linking the resource rob@rar started here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1641065&highlight=avalanche#1641065
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Think my thread Easiski On2Off in the piste should probably come over to here. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1873689&highlight=easiski#1873689
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i generally stay on piste - i am getting old, but occasionally am tempted to stray from the straight and narrow, usually when mrs sev112 isnt around to see

i am wary that providing forums (fora ?) for this sort of deviation, will only increase my desires

and then who knows where it will end up
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

http://youtube.com/v/Rgk9aokg-wY
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
^^^ wtf?
ski holidays
Arno, +1

For what it's worth that's Greece !?!?!? I suppose part of me knew it was feasible they had powder like that but I never thought there would be so much untracked stuff, that deep. Makes you think.
ski holidays
http://www.gtp.gr/TDirectoryDetails.asp?ID=38034 for example
ski holidays
Could I ask for a section for folks just starting/trying to get confidence off-piste please?
ski holidays
Linds wrote:
Could I ask for a section for folks just starting/trying to get confidence off-piste please?
Good idea! +1.
ski holidays
@Linds, good idea, it's a very friendly bunch in here, lots of solid info and little showing off.
snow report
@Linds, just start a topic to that effect - the power is yours young Pixie! snowHead
snow report
admin wrote:
@Linds, just start a topic to that effect - the power is yours young Pixie! snowHead

I will return to start a thread for the nervous and possible vertically challenged individuals later wink Laughing
snow report
@Linds, Very Happy
snow report
So would the thought be to post up here some off-piste routes you know for general snowhead delectation?
snow report
One of the best off-piste skiing videos in Turkey!
http://youtube.com/v/5S52EkCAY5w
latest report
Hi guys, I’m new here, live in Bordeaux, ride in the Hautes Pyrénées, and looking for other advanced riders to venture off piste with. I speak French and have been riding mostly in Grand Tourmalet. I’m doing the off piste run down Pic Du Midi in a few weeks, but after that I’m keen to learn about and buy my own safety equipment, and not keep paying top dollar for “off piste experiences” etc.
I’ve been riding nearly 20 years so if anyone has some hero or advice it would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Ben
latest report
@Mowgli86, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

You might want to add yourself to the snowbuddy too.
ski holidays
Mowgli86 wrote:
Hi guys, I’m new here, live in Bordeaux, ride in the Hautes Pyrénées, and looking for other advanced riders to venture off piste with. I speak French and have been riding mostly in Grand Tourmalet. I’m doing the off piste run down Pic Du Midi in a few weeks, but after that I’m keen to learn about and buy my own safety equipment, and not keep paying top dollar for “off piste experiences” etc.
I’ve been riding nearly 20 years so if anyone has some hero or advice it would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Ben

Welcome x 2.

It is worth posting in the active Pyrenees thread here.

You should find some locals or nearbys.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good thinking. Off-piste can take in a lot - both terrain and topics!
snow conditions
Mowgli86 wrote:
Cheers
Ben

Hey. I'm also new to the forum. There is a lot of interesting information here. I myself am still looking for options where you can buy adequate equipment for reasonable money. I do not want to spend extra money on a purchase. I don't want to overpay for the brand.
ski holidays
www.facewest.co.uk

They have some good deals on avalanche equipment at the moment.
latest report
Thanks for the recommendation. I will see all the necessary equipment. Maybe I will like something, I will choose and order.
ski holidays
this is useful information
snow report
Thank you for the recommendation
ski holidays
Old forgotten threads are emerging from the glacier this morning....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy