Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

More than 80 companies sign petition against connecting Canyons and Solitude

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A link between two ski resorts should surely be a good thing, but more than 80 outdoors companies and conservation groups have signed a petition against SkiLink, a proposed gondola to link Solitude Mountain Resort in Big Cottonwood Canyon with and Canyons Resort near Park City. The link has been proposed as a solution to traffic. But the petitioners claim that it's actually a private-interest project that will affect some of the most pristine and heavily used recreational public land in the Wasatch....It would require the Forest Service to sell 30 acres of public land at fair market value. That would leave the regulation of any proposed lifts to local government authorities. For more, see: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55183977-78/canyons-ski-skilink-petition.html.csp
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Noooooo!

Solitude is so lovely in and of itself because it's such a quiet area.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's not a good thing in this particular area - it's pointless due to transit times & is just a vanity project to enable boasts about skiable acreage on a single pass etc.

SLC skiers have at least 9 resorts within an easy drive.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, And I can't imagine there's a great deal of park city to solitude commuting...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When I spent a season in Park City I skied Solitude more than The Canyons even though I had a free pass fir The Canyons.

Only one winner in this, The Canyons.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It really does not make a lot of sense for these areas. Spent last winter in Utah and most of the long time locals did not see the need. Just one more tourist attraction.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy