Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Europe vs North America

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For my two cents, (and this is from a summer climbing and winter walking point of view) the scenery is vastly superior in the alps...though i would say from a personal (and worryingly sentimental) point of view, if Scotland were to have better skiing it would beat them all hands down for beautiful surroundings and friendliness of the locals, and haggis is under-rated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I haven't been to US, only to Europe, mailny France, and Banff. Scenery is stunning around Banff, but away from the National Park rather dull. I still prefer Europe as it has that 'je ne sais quoi' I couldn't put my finger on what was missing, but there was definitely something.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tomski01, I'm not sure about the sentimental bit (actualy not to sure about the haggis either) but skiing aside Scotland has some of the most fantastic places in the world.

I have been to Canada and the States but Torridon and the Old Inn at Gairloch take me back year after year (this is nothing to do with the real ales at the Old Inn honest).

The North West Highlands are just about the best place to chill out in the world, even after the monster drive.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stepehen, it most certianly is....i plan to spend a lot of time there this summer doing some hiking/climbing.

Somehow the midges give the place even more character (if that is possible!)

PS The Old Inn is ace, and lets not tell anyone about the magnificent secret beaches on the West coast...doh i've said it now! I think i fancy an expedition to the Knoydarts this summer, apparently its amazing there! Love it love it!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Acacia, No. But, I'm on the Ski Patrol at Timberline. Bob Blush
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check this out for some unopinionated (and very badly written) views on this topic!:

http://www.skitrips.net/faqs/foreigners/why/europe.html
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can only compare Eastern Canada to the Alps (I lived for a winter in Ottawa and skied small hills and Mont Tremblant a few times). The skiing in Europe vs Tremblant does not compare. Yes you can have fun in Tremblant but I didn't often go there because it was expensive for a lift pass and I didn't think it was worth a two hour drive! (I used to go to Mont Sainte Marie - half the size, but half the cost and half the drive Wink ). The lifts are very good, although there were big queues at their equivalent of half term, but the runs are short and all a bit samey. The options for on mountain food were limited and it does get very very cold Exclamation Mind you if I was going with my family I'd think about it because of the nice village and top to bottom Greens, Blues etc. But Europe has real mountains (and not hills) with seriously long runs. I can't speak for elsewhere in North America but if it's skiing that you are going for all the big French ski resorts knock the socks of Tremblant!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This is quite accurate I would say.. but he did not checkout Austria rolling eyes rolling eyes

http://youtube.com/v/39s0xEyXsdA?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Interesting thread which all comes down to personal preference.

We did a trip to Banff 6 years ago (scary how time flies) over New Years and it was incredible. Very cold to begin with but did warm up. The snow there is something else. For example we had a huge dumping overnight yet despite it being -28, it just wiped off the windshield and didn't freeze. Drier snow - Champagne Powder which as a boarder was just divine. The draw back is that you have to drive or get the free shuttle in to resort. You get used to it.

Love Europe and been to a few different resorts (not as many as I would like). It is different but there is that charm of the Alps which you don't get the otherside of the pond.

First trip since Banff was last year to Alpe D'huez and going to Chamonix in 10 days, I am just happy to be boarding and back on the snow. Any chance to do it is a big win in my eyes.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
wow that's some thread resurrection!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
By staton, no surprise.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy