Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fantasy Ski Racer League

Poster: A snowHead
Quick update: Fabienne Suter (Switzerland) has a torn muscle &/or muscle-tendon damage after a fall in training earlier this week. She will definitely miss this week's racing and maybe a few more races. Shame really as she is in the form of her life and is tied with Vonn in the speed rankings I believe (can't get to the FIS site to check). She will have a more detailed examination today and a rehab plan, including time out from racing, will be given out either this evening or tomorrow.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the update@Samerberg Sue,
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I just watched a recording of the Mens slalom 2nd run from Santa Cat yesterday and was very impressed by Hirscher. I think yesterday he had to give it all he had, probably for the first time in a couple of years. In previous years he was beating everyone by so much he didn't really have to get into very top gear to win but yesterday he knew that Kirosh and Kristof are now a real threat to his crown and he showed us what he's really made of. Best ski race I've seen in a couple f years. I hope this level of rivallry continues for the rest of the season, it will be a fantastic 2nd half Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@briand6868, he certainly laid down a Masterclass and put both of the others under huge pressure to meet it. Neither did, but it was still close. I like the obvious friendship amongst the slalom racers as well as mutual respect as well.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Samerberg Sue, thanks for the updates! I have changed my picks accordingly. Are you on the hill on Sunday? I want to get up to the Gams and watch the start.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Kooky, I'm going to be on the hill, but I'm going to try to get to the exit corner of the last Ss just above the Zeilsprung! I'll ski over from Flachauwinkel then walk up along the Unterbergweg to where they come round the Panorama Corners. The Start will be hell on wheels because of the need to go back up the damned T-bar - the queue was massive today and sooooooooooooooo slow to even move because so many were being prattish. Red 6 & Blue 9 were also very busy and full of idiots trying to show how much better they are than the racers mixed with many more nervous (such as myself!) If I can't get there I was thinking of going up the opposite side on foot and finding a spot under the Gamskogel chairlift or a bit further up. I'm going up again tomorrow as well to watch the training runs again and talk to some more of the racers. I chatted with Elena Curtoni, Tessa Worley, Valerie Grenier, and Breezy Johnson today amongst others.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You don't need to use the T bar for the start as the race is shortened so the start is literally at the front door of the Gamshutte. Its going to be a great race, the town was buzzing last night!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Kooky, you do if you don't want to be run over by the human avalanche down Red 6! And from the Hut you cannot see anything, you need to be down where the old chairlift started for the best views or better still by the timed run start with a long lens!. But still need the bloody t-bar to get back into the system because the Kälberloch is completely closed off from the hut onwards to the Unterbergweg.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LADIES UPDATE: Lotte Smiseth Sejersted is probably out for the rest of the season after a nasty high speed fall in today's Sprint Double Downhill. First diagnosis is a cruciate ligament injury, so she is flying back to Norway to have further investigations and appropriate treatment. If it turns out to be an ACL injury she will be operated on as soon as possible.

Lara Gut was also seen limping after today's race where she skied out and gave herself a nasty few seconds. She was rubbing the knee as she came down. Tina Weirather also fell but seemed OK after her fall.

Lizz Görgl had an outstanding second run and achieved her first top 10 result in quite a while.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Samerberg Sue, for some reason I cant get my picks to load for Adelboden Puzzled Will try again in 10 mins but then I am out, I haven't forgotten just the site is being really glitchy today!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Kooky, I have the phone app if you are still having problems. If we can meet up in time you can log in on that and make your picks.

See you up at Zauch! I've just got to load my car after changing into my ski gear.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Had my best two scores of the season today - but results must have been predictable because so did a lot of others.

As usual FastCarver, I can't see your scores - if you can post them (and last weekends) I will update Hopefuls scores
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That 2nd run from Kristofferson was quite simply the best one I have ever seen in Adelboden, he was on fire!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Kooky, you've shot to the top of our league! Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Big changes this week with several race scores increasing the 'best 5' and as Queen Bodecia said, Kooky leaps to the top of Hopefuls league with 2 - 400+ scores and Briand6868 also with big scores

Dr Che is most consistent with the best overall average score

Kooky - Elanski - overall average - 309.42 - races submitted - 24 - average of 5 best - 391.55- FSR - 307th
Briand6868 - Briand6868 - 297.95 - 30- 389.40 - 347th
FastCarver74 - 315.95 - 19 - 387.55 - 386th (excl latest scores)
Lynnecha - 311.14 - 29 - 383.95 - 459th
Codyaitch - Amex Skidoos - 308.72 - 32 - 381.10 - 520th
Dr Che - Almost Paraguayan - 316.53 - 29 - 378.95 - 568th
Samerberg Sue - Suzy_Proell - 310.22 - 32 - 370.75 - 720th
Queen Bodecia - queenie - 300.64 - 32 - 362.55 - 889th
Hawkwind - 285.45 - 24 - 350.55 - 942nd
Davkt - Goingbackwards - 225.48 - 30 - 335.45 - 1,300th
snow report
I've effectively lost interest to be brutally honest. The new scoring system sucks big time and really does not appeal to me n any way shape or form. The last few seasons the FSR added to my enjoyment, now it is just another chore.

But as I've been watching the ladies training and racing these past 4 days it is much more interesting to be there live and involved, especially at the training days. I'm hoping to manage 3 more races at least this coming week and also see some Europa Cup racing. I've spoken to lots of racers over the past few days which was really amazing as they are, with 1 major exception, so approachable, open and friendly.
snow report
@Samerberg Sue, your inside knowledge and input is really helpful and interesting so much appreciated. I've watched racing for several years, but hearing the stories and the inside track on what's going on really brings it to life, so as a newcomer to FSR it's been fun reading your posts. I'd love to meet and chat with some of the racers, particularly the 'older' ones as the guard seems to be changing now and I think there is limited time left for many of the names who are familiar to me.

Not sure I will follow the younger cohort as closely, as it takes a few to get a feel for them. I envy your proximity to the live races - I would certainly follow the tour if I had more time and opportunity. I am determined to go to Lake Louise next year for the racing and want to see some of the big downhills before the likes of Svindal retire - I feel like we missed the boat a bit and would like to have seen some live races when Couche, Millar, Walchofer were racing.

The women's tour feels a bit flat to me this year, it may be with the absence of Maze, Fenniger and Mancuso, but I am struggling to get into it. I'd like to see Lara Gut do well, but the Vonn domination leaves me a bit cold although she is a hell of a skier when she is on form.
snow conditions
I am really enjoying this season as I know a few of the younger Austrians as they were all in the same class with LB, or he trained with them so its really great to see that they have made it. I am still gutted Dan Yule chose to race for Switzerland, it could have been so different!
@lynnecha, I agree too, the ladies racing has lost the edge a bit this season with so many of the big names out.
snow report
Well I can't even watch much racing and I'm enjoying it. If it wasn't for the FB feeds for Sue's discussion group I'd really have no idea what's going on. I quite like the FSR game, it forces me to look online and follow the results/opinions. I haven't played before so I don't know about previous scoring methods. The website and app are a bit flakey that's true.

In previous seasons my first knowledge of any racing is when Ski Sunday started in mid January. This season I feel a bit more connected to it and Sue's event photos really bring it to life. Great to see Zauchensee on TV, an area I know pretty well.

But I agree the Vonn-bot domination without much real challenge from the others is a bit tedious. The men's slalom has become a ding dong battle between Marcel Hirscher and Kristofferson. That sort of thing happens a lot in motorbike racing and keeps the season alive until the final races.
latest report
I know there are differing views on Ligety, but I hope he comes back on form and has a go at Hirscher's domination in GS. That said, I also think Hirscher is one fantastic skier!
snow report
@lynnecha, Ligety has started to disappear up his own backside I'm afraid and has not adapted his style to match that of the younger skiers. He is still skiing the same extreme angles he got away with on the old skis (before the radius change he complained so volubly about). The first season of the new radius he cleaned up as these skis really suited his style, but the next season all the others had adapted and started winning too. Now we have a cohort of young skiers who have never raced at high level on anything else. His very public battles with the FIS and his stupid vendetta against them has seen him lose a lot of respect from his fellow racers. There is a very obvious coldness now between him and Hirscher, Neureuther, Khoroshilov, Pintu amongst others, whereas about 5 years ago they were like big kids in the same gang! I used to love watching Ligety, Hirscher and Felix all fooling around on the podiums they shared or at the start before their runs during the warm-up period. Now it is a very distant Ligety watching the others still relaxed and easy with each other regardless of the results. When Hirscher loses he blames himself, when Ligety loses now it always seems to be someone or thing else's fault. He is too corporate these days along with the other corporate animal on the US team, Vonn.
ski holidays
UPDATE: Marcel Hirscher will NOT be taking part in the Alpine Combined at Kitzbühel.

Confirmation that Lotte will be out all season came through today, so make sure you remember who is on the currently incredibly long list of out injured!

GOOD NEWS: Beat Feuz is back training and will be taking part in the Lauberhorn races in Wengen.
ski holidays
Thanks for the updates about the injuries @Samerberg Sue, I will amend accordingly!

Shame about Ligety. I do see what you are saying about younger skiers having never raced on the old radius skis - interesting point. It's just such a shame, as I too remember them all seeming like good mates as well as competitors.

My new hero is Victor Muffat-Jeandet. We watched him train in Val d'Isere last spring - he really looked spectacular and he has had some great results this year. I am really pleased to see him come forward in the French team.

So sad about Lotte. She is so promising - I just hope she comes back strong next year.
latest report
@lynnecha, it did seem that way, but since Ted went all corporate and is orientating himself more and more to the US home market, he seems to have set up a kind of "media war zone", them (the European competition and the FIS) and us (the good ol' home boy from backwoods US of A).

I've been following Muffet-Jeandet since a friend on the training committee of the Ski Club of Val d'Isere tipped me the wink about his ability. He really started climbing the standings big time last season. Now he is a real force for the others to contend with. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
UPDATE: Sandro VILETTA of Switzerland will not take part in any more races this season.

The bone bruise he got after a fall training for the Val Gardena races is more serious than they first thought. He is unable to get into a racing tuck, let alone stay in it at high speeds over jumps and bumps! He is going to start rehab measures immediately with the aim to be fully fit for next season and the World Championships in his home country at St. Moritz.
ski holidays
URGENT UPDATE: Take Connie (Cornelia) Hütter (Huetter) out of your picks for tomorrow, she's not racing because she is ill!
ski holidays
@Samerberg Sue, spotted that on Farcebook. Thanks!
snow conditions
Absolutely worst day yet for me- I tinkered with my picks last night and should have left them alone! My picks for last time would have done better this week! Nevermind!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mixed weekend for me. Rubbish scores on Friday and today, best ever scores yesterday. Random!
snow conditions
INJURY UPDATE: Max FRANZ is out for 8 weeks as a result of a heavy fall during the first day's training on the Streif. He was operated on today at the Private clinic Hochrum near innsbruck by one of the Austrian team doctors. Injuries: torn knee capsule, a torn ligament in the ankle and a displaced bone in the scaphoid (wrist/hand). All left side injuries so he must have bought the farm with his fall.
snow report
MORE INJURIES AND MISERY FOR THE AUSTRIANS

Nici SCHMIDHOFFER and Florian SCHEIBER both had heavy falls yesterday in training, both suffered ACL injuries and meniscus damage so both are out for the rest of the season. Sad

I'm getting fed up of these types of updates!
snow conditions
WTF was that first section in the SL all about? Another great skier helicoptered off. Watching the mens WC this season really isn't fun anymore.
snow conditions
Do we need to update the list from the past week?

Reichelt with deep bruising on his knee but will train tomorrow at Garmisch and make a decision accordingly - our insider info (Hannes' sister) says he will race though.

Svindal - ACL and meniscus - season over
Ligety - ACL - season over, flying back to the States for further diagnosis and treatment - season over
Streitberger - ACL and lateral meniscus - season over
Razzoli - ACL - season over
Marc Berthod - Concussion, bruised lung(s?) and rib fractures

Last man standing goes home with all the crystal globes at this rate! Sad
snow report
Carnage! It's difficult to keep up with- I forgot to remove Razzoli from yesterday's race- must check my lists again.
ski holidays
Reichelt won the 1st training run today with Jansrud 2nd.

They are not using the Men's Kandahar run from 2011 with it's infamous Walchhofer Corner or the Ice Hole. They have remodelled a lot of the course and it is now more technical with 3 or 4 big jumps.

Same goes for the ladies by the way, the course is much more technical and demanding but closer to the Men's in length and profile.

http://www.skiweltcup-garmisch.com/race

This shows the profiles of the courses as they were: http://www.gap2011.com/en/program/venues/kandahar.html (click on where it says Bildergalerie - the profiles are pictures 9 &10)
snow report
Shame about the cancellations yesterday. Together with all the injuries this is seeming to be a very frustrating season.
snow conditions
@queen bodecia, rather that than risk more injuries.
Watching the women struggle down a piste that was rapidly breaking was painful to watch.
snow conditions
@Kooky, absolutely. It looked more like a chopped up home run late season than a race piste.
ski holidays
I can't believe I forgot to change my picks for today with Mikela Shiffrin returning! Anyway, she did a great job after being off since Are!
snow report
@lynnecha, me too. I completely forgot about today.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy