Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

White ski gear

Poster: A snowHead
Ive whined about this before but
Why do people wear all white ski gear
Its bad to see in good light and positively a pain when the lights poor
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Makes their back bottoms look smaller?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Garfield, Do you keep bumping into them?.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's not a problem if they've got pink helmets.

I'll get my coat....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agreed, mainly women in my experience. Saw a few in kitzbuhel last year and tbh couldn't help thinking they almost warrant a little crash. Wink

Also hard to spot ( not sure why tbh) is all black jacket, pants, helmet, balaclava). Got blindsided by a snowboarder in said attire last season
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I saw an all-white jacket for sale and they had cunningly put a big red cross on the inside of it so if you had an accident (and say broke your arm and needed assistance) you could easily whip the jacket off, turn inside out and put back on safe in the knowledge that everyone will see you and call for help. Brilliant!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sunshine81, With the big red cross they may think you are some kind of rescue guru and leave you to your fate Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I always thought it was to make the resort pay for the laundering after the grease from a sheeve wheel drips upon their attire.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sunshine81, except that taking your jacket off after an accident on the mountain might not be best idea Toofy Grin

Garfield, bit early to be whining or have you been looking at new jackets ? wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Soon becomes grey ski gear anyway!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I quite like white trousers on the fairer sex Cool
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Never understood why people ski in white gear. A friend of my sisters was skiing with us 10 years ago in Tignes, in bad light and an out of control boarder smashed into her at speed in the centre of the piste Face, she was quite badly injured, blood on the snow and badly shook up. Has never skied since, it really knocked her confidence. She blamed it on people skiing/ boarding too fast, I'm sure that was a contributory factor but wasnt helped by her choice of ski gear. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Timberwolf wrote:
Ditto. My girlfriend's white outfit is my favourite, although these days she prefers a manky green colour Sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In Austria I once skied into a snowboarder dressed in a white one piece(even wearing a white helmet) who was standing in the middle of a tree trail just on the shadow line so as I came out of the sun into the shadow I could not see him at all.
Good job he was a young lad as we did no harm to each another but it it was a lady or someone not as fit as him, it could have ended in tears.

I really think wearing white all over is a really bad idea.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
My girlfriend's white outfit is my favourite

what a coincidence, it's my favourite too wink
latest report
I used to have white trousers and a blue jacket so I always ought I just looked like a floating body, haha.

I've inherited my brother's old black salopettes now which are perfect - but the green and yellow striped jacket a bit garishly manly for me...
snow report
Timberwolf, Laughing
snow report
Lift faffer wrote:

Also hard to spot ( not sure why tbh) is all black jacket, pants, helmet, balaclava). Got blindsided by a snowboarder in said attire last season

Why do you think Ninjas dress like that?
ski holidays
Never mind white - what about Arctic camouflage patterns? that really is effing silly.
latest report
RibenaRockstar wrote:
I've inherited my brother's old black salopettes now which are perfect - but the green and yellow striped jacket a bit garishly manly for me...

Green and yellow is manly, now? Didn't see that one coming.

My other half wears white trousers, but does at least combine them with a jacket from Westbeach in broad pink, red and dark blue stripes. Nice and easy to spot even on a busy piste.

Lift faffer wrote:
Also hard to spot ( not sure why tbh) is all black jacket, pants, helmet, balaclava).

One should never wear all black or all dark colours whilst skiing. It impairs fine focus in any cameras trained upon you and you'll end up with photos where either you are very underexposed or the snow is very overexposed. This means no action photos of you looking awesome. Bright constrasty colours FTW.
snow report
Used to have white trousers but got fed up of them looking manky after one day's skiing - teamed with a bright jacket and hat, etc!!

Black trousers all the way now, very easy to match up with loads of jackets.
latest report
Garfield, They're either snow snipers, snow ninjas or seeking a Darwin award.
snow report
Always makes me laugh when someone in white troose has spent too long on the old school pomma/button lifts.
ski holidays
I always thought it was because Gucci only made ski trousers in white?
ski holidays
marmotte16, Just whining as its still ages till I can get to the snow
mishmash, Arctic camouflage patterns Ive never noticed that but that's probably the point Very Happy
Ive never hit anyone all in white but been close a couple of times
ski holidays
And I thought this thread was going to be all about the best pick me up avalable after a heavy apres session... my mistake!
ski holidays
flangesax, Powder? wink
snow report
Timberwolf wrote:

Agreed although a nice (female) ass in red ESF trousers is also pleasant on the eye. Ah Sabrina you taught me so much about skiing Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Schuss in Boots, Toofy Grin
latest report
Serriadh wrote:
RibenaRockstar wrote:

Green and yellow is manly, now? Didn't see that one coming.

Haha, not really, I guess - but this is a very dark green and it just looks like a man's ski jacket really Neh Neh
snow report
Sunshine81 wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:

Agreed although a nice (female) ass in red ESF trousers is also pleasant on the eye. Ah Sabrina you taught me so much about skiing Smile

Agreed on both counts.
Ahhh Sabrina ... she wore a blue AMSI ski instructors outfit AND matching Lange racing boots - WOW - what a STUNNER!!!
Razz
snow report
Quote:

a nice (female) ass in red ESF trousers is also pleasant on the eye

so is a nice male ass, in any colour trousers. I did once see a woman in white trousers which were way too small for her. She had a VPL. Wasn't a good look.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

a nice (female) ass in red ESF trousers is also pleasant on the eye

so is a nice male ass, in any colour trousers. I did once see a woman in white trousers which were way too small for her. She had a VPL. Wasn't a good look.

Tell me about it. I keep getting compliments about my rear in my ski pants Laughing

EVERYONE knows that a VPL in white ski pants is a massive no no rolling eyes
latest report

AbFab Olympic Special:
Pattsie: Dahling, how do I look
Eddie: You've got a bit of a VPL
Pattsie:But Eddie, I'm not wearing any.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy