Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes & Val d'Isere 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
6 October 2012, on the Grand Motte glacier for pre-season skiing

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That looks nice!!

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good idea to start a new thread for the EK. 10 weeks to go for me.

Georgeous day on the river ( I am a rowing coach) but it cannot beat this! You can taste the mountain air in your lungs
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was less than gorgeous today, unfortunately.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't spoil the illusion! Out from 22nd Dec latest but probably 15th. When all the days will be like yesterday and it will snow a bit every night
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
+1
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some more photos from yesterday - nothing from today as the weather wasn't conducive to getting the camera out. Some more photos on Facebook.

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, Just hoping on flight to Dublin for 3 days work in Nurden Oireland followed by Leeds. Severely regret tagging this thread!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
5th Jan and counting...our first time to VDI, looking forward to trying somewhere new

Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ah, the beginning of my favourite thread! Now I know winter's coming. Two visits to EK coming up in January, and perhaps a cheeky week before that if I'm lucky. Bring it on! Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great photos!

Ten weeks today I'll be there!

Looking forward to the view from the glacier looking like this again:

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good pix.

Looks like the Tignes glacier has shrunk further this Summer.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Back to nice weather today, although yesterday's mild conditions took their toll and the piste conditions were very icy in parts. Upper slopes, off the cablecar, were nice, and conditions softened around 1.00pm so the last hour or two of skiing had some great piste conditions. Currently overcast and light rain at resort level. A couple of photos from today.

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Too much weather today, so the mountain is shut. High winds and a snow line about 2,800m. Forecast is for the snow line to drop so hopefully the wind will decrease and tomorrow might bring a little fresh for us to play in. Back at the hotel now for some video analysis and then to the swimming pool in Le Lac this afternoon to take advantage of the free day that you get with pre-season lift passes.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Back to the glacier today. Weather still challenging but my group had a high MTFU Factor so we got some great skiing in. Fresh snow overnight and during the day meant great piste conditions, and a mix of visibility from clear to flat meant interesting training. Forecast is for clearer conditions tomorrow, and when we left the glacier at 3pm the snow was falling quite strongly. More photos at Facebook

ski holidays
rob@rar, hey rob you been pinching my crevasse signs Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Love that top pic, very dramatic!
ski holidays
Looking at the webcam for Grande Motte Panorama, there's not a huge improvement in snow cover, but that there's plenty of ice on a pole/pylon at least shows the temperatures are getting there.
ski holidays
The snow was awesome day. Photos later.
ski holidays
rob@rar, It looks good.

http://youtube.com/v/nmUHy4ZxIgc
ski holidays
rjs, nice video, saw them filming it yesterday. We all loved the snow, although chatting to one of the French team on the T-bar and he said the snow was too soft Laughing
latest report
Some photos from yesterday. Lots more on Facebook

snow report
New kit looks good, copying my choice of pant colour though I notice Wink !! Looks like more snow up there today....
ski holidays
Another Video of the French Team trials from Thursday (courtesy of Dave Morris) not bad for October

http://youtube.com/v/QfmMZmh1FWM#!
snow report
kitenski wrote:
New kit looks good, copying my choice of pant colour though I notice Wink !! Looks like more snow up there today....
We gave it a good work out over the week and it all passed with flying colours. Good in the wet, the warm, the cold and the wind. Very happy with it.
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:
Another Video of the French Team trials from Thursday (courtesy of Dave Morris) not bad for October
It's a great video, just love the shots of the slalom skiers from behind showing perfect separation.
latest report
Beautiful. Speed AND grace.
snow report
Pedantica wrote:
Beautiful. Speed AND grace.
Poetry in motion.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fantastic videos, thanks.

Made me depressed about my own rather mediocre race training efforts this morning!
latest report
It is nice skiing, but the slalom guys are just doing normal crossunder turns.
snow conditions
rjs,

You'll find that, at that level, they will be using whatever technique works most efficiently. There's usually a variety of turn size, shape and type depending on the terrain, conditions and course.
It's a little flippant to say that these guys are doing 'normal' crossunder turns.
snow report
Philbo, That video is on one particular slope in easy conditions. I can ski arc-to-arc on it and I'm sure you can too.

My point was that people can learn from what they are doing rather than considering it unattainable.
ski holidays
Webcams showing a dusting visible from les Brev webcam this morning. Not long until the season now!

Fellow EK enthusiasts wish me luck today. Neck problems. Spinal surgeon should give me the OK for the season later today. If so will book my insurance and 3 weeks in EK over Christmas tomorrow.
ski holidays
Mark1863, good luck!
snow report
Mark1863, yes, good luck. Not something to muck around with though, so follow the surgeon's advise (spinal cord and in particular the motor pathway is my main research interest- at the molecular rather than scalpel level!).
snow conditions
Mark1863, Best of luck - hope to see you in the Alpaka/Embuscade or wherever
latest report
Good news. Green light. Surgeon and physio have signed me off. MRI indicates that my spine looks somewhat older than the rest of me but does not put me at more risk than anyone else skiing. Indeed surgeon and physio believe skiing will be beneficial - keeping the neck moving. Very Happy Very Happy
So when I have 5 minutes I will book things up. Will be staying in Alpaka 15th Dec to at least 5th Jan - maybe to 12th. Intend to issue snow reports (where was good or bad) each evening from ipad if people think it would be useful
Hope to see some of you there. I will be the one in body armour!
Thanks for your best wishes!
snow conditions
I'd be interested in reading your snow reports as heading there 5th Jan! Very Happy
latest report
MCL, Woory ye not I will put snow reports on from late Nov when i move in. Mark1863, see you in the Alpaka.......
latest report
Mark1863, having been there and done it with neck bones broken and making a full recover, if not with some lingering back bother, I can 100% vouch for skiing as a great mobiliser of the spine.

All the best for a snowy trip Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy