Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sir, Sir....Am I an Intermidiot yet???

Poster: A snowHead
Been a while. FC has disappeared and moved on to bigger and better things since his L1.

Or has he taken on a french accent (Allo Allo style) and started giving lessons ...

http://youtube.com/v/g7qAnFdvMRY
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where is FC?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

My other addiction
Mostly carp fishing lol
Am flattered that I was missed
Time to grind the rust off of the Magnums.
I took a break from skiing due to family matters.
Aint been on the planks since May Neutral Shameful I know.
Should be teaching again at hemel soon so hopefully the saga will continue
rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Reggie Perrin & his mother in law is where my mind went with that pic Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@franzClammer, nice, how big ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@AndAnotherThing.., 44lb Madeye-Smiley Le grand poisson
T'was in France though
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Welcome back FC. I can honestly say i have missed your exploits.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Welcome back FC. I can honestly say i have missed your exploits.

+1 Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Aww I'm all gooey. Lol
Cheers guys Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@franzClammer, 44, good one. I fancy a trip to France myself Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@AndAnotherThing.., I highly recommend Les Quis
http://www.lesquis.com
Check out the catch reports on Facebook (Legends of Les Quis.)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@franzClammer, won't do much harm to take a break from the planks. Hope to watch some more videos this winter.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Glad to see you back even though you spent your summer carping around.

ALQ, comment above had me thinking of madonna di campiglio, or in French.....................(The Fallen) Madonna With the Big Boobies Shocked

Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once. rolling eyes

Are you back ?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@speed098, ahh oui oui Mon ame, I am back how you say, sshhh, but I am in disgaize don't you know Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It eez you le'clerc
ski holidays
@ansta1, Laughing

For those that can't wait (like me)
Something from last season......

http://youtube.com/v/mpROMg44ejE?list=UU4coOtm3L-lGemrxPicj-Jw
ski holidays
So FC have you been on the white stuff yet this season ?

Doing a full season or just a few weeks ?

Lastly is BASI 2 in the pipeline ?
snow report
@speed098, watch ya
I taught a couple of sessions at Hemel but my lumber started giving me a bit of jip..... so I have mostly been doing yoga
I'm off to the 3Vs as soon as the DROID is released from academia, mid Dec-early Jan. I'm also booked to go to Lapland in Feb with IOS, and a lads trip in between
I must service the planks. Droid's grown out of everything! I'm gonna ask for 150cm Carvers in for sale section
how about yourself, when/where you away?? They reckon it's an El Niño year, so plenty of powder hopefully Very Happy

Ps BASI 2 still feels a long way off
snow conditions
@franzClammer,

Might not get away this year Sad

With monthly prices at CFe was looking like very little to no skiing but got a few passes at the ski show I can upgrade from one hour to four hours. So will see if I can afford the EoSB in the new year. If not then probably do a few diving courses.

I need to be skiing throughout the winter on as regular a basis as possible to try and improve fitness, not doing so makes the EoSB hard work and though a great crowd not as enjoyable if I don't have the fitness to ski all day.

Good point after new year the youngest sprog will do here first session on snow at CFe ( fleet of ambulances on standby for all other users wink ).

BASI 2 will come and then be a distant memory, but hope the lumber improves if for no other reason than after looking at your carp pic I think you would look almost as bad as me in lycra Shocked Shocked ( image of dude wearing hat in khaki lycra holding a 40lb plus carp Toofy Grin ).
snow conditions
Quote:

I need to be skiing throughout the winter on as regular a basis as possible to try and improve fitness

Laughing there are plenty of other (and much cheaper) ways to improve fitness
snow conditions

Did someone mention lycra....any excuse lol
latest report
Anyone wanna see some footage
promise no lycra Laughing
latest report
I know a few people might still wonder whats happened to FC
So purely for the narcissistic pleasure.... rolling eyes
This is footage from early Jan after it had snowed. Family trip to 3Vs. Droid in tow.
Great fun but trashed my Magnums bases Mad

http://youtube.com/v/0LJlN_6XDrU ý
latest report
Nice to see you're still having fun. I see you've got matching outfits; you're not going to try and pass off Droid's skiing as your own are you? wink
snow report
Nice to see you back snowHead
latest report
+1 from me.
ski holidays
Hurray. FC is back. Haven't seen matching outfits for a long while. Reminds me of the mid-80s.
ski holidays
Hi Guys n Gals
I take it as a massive compliment that you think The Droid was in this vid. He isn't. It's just me
Its probly my dodgey editing together of the same run twice causing the illusion.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ha. That explains it. Just as well I didn't say how much better the Droids skiing was.
ski holidays
@olderscot, Toofy Grin not bad, mistaken for a teenager lol. I like it Madeye-Smiley
Whats that? More! Encore! I hear you cry Laughing
ohhhh ok, if you insist NehNeh

http://youtube.com/v/37mc7sstsNM
snow report
Trays Bon miami, trays bon.
ski holidays
@ALQ, Smile merci becoup
snow report
furthermore.....
Especially for your continued televisual delectation....

http://youtube.com/v/yt19OuXsa4Q
snow report
bug the actual skiing critique, looks lovely and like the bed music. What is it fc?
ski holidays
@franzClammer, (I am no instructor...)

a. Loving the tunes. Who is it?

b. skiing:

I got the impression on segment 1 that you were forcing the skis and rather less soft and smooth than segments 2 & 3

Segment 2 I felt you were swinging your shoulders to initiate the turn (that's what it looked like). Fine on the dance floor...

Seg 3 - interesting, now it may just be camera angle but I get the feeling that once you concentrated on where the camera was, your skiing seemed to come a lot more together. Holding the camera steady seemed to result in much better upper/lower body separation and nice shock absorption.

Slightly diverting, I'm, learning to XC skate and two lessons ago my instructor told us not to think too hard about what we were doing as then we'd fall over... (easy to do on XC skis...)

What's with the pole clicking at the start eh? wink

PS great great music though
snow conditions
Wow snowHead
Thanks for the responses
re: the skiing......
There are so many issues that need ironing out that it's overwhelming to look at them all at once.
I should really stop watching vids by the likes of Jf Beaulieu and Jonathan Ballou etc
My first priority this season was to address my posture. As was kindly pointed out, I was (& still am) over flexed at the knees.
Making a little progress with this enabled me to try to develop my steering skills, namely constant pressure & appropriate blend of rotation & edging. I felt that I was getting a bit edge dependant. So a lot of braquage and grippy skiddy turns were on the card, which suited cons underfoot anyway.
Then it dumped and I had the opportunity to join the back end of the IOS BASI Tune Up Week with Derek from Marmalade. This came at a crucial time and proved transformative. He recommended that I focused on the "release point" in my turns. I had not really thought about the phases of the
turn and had been completely neglecting the transition point. My skiing immediately felt different and I found that by rolling the steering ski out of the turn set me up perfectly for the next turn. This resulted in a new confidence in my lateral sepeation and balance and an increased feeling of flow and rhythm.
The pole tapping: I found this reminded me to remain aware of my hand carriage and to adopt my skiing posture before the first turn.
I know this all sounds a bit cerebral n techi, but this is BZK after all.
As can be seen from my actuals king I do just let go sometimes and go with the flow.

Im really pleased that people like the music
it's by Max Cooper the visuals on the original video are pretty awesome. Here's another by him that I find completely hypnotic. Be warned the soundtrack to this is horrendous lol

http://youtube.com/v/iIpwbbkFi-8
snow report
franzClammer wrote:
had the opportunity to join the back end of the IOS BASI Tune Up Week with Derek from Marmalade. This came at a crucial time and proved transformative. He recommended that I focused on the "release point" in my turns.

I also found this week with Derek as crucial in my development to pass my L2, and I think I might have recommended it to you, glad you found it useful. I really think Derek is a very good coach/instructor/fixer off issues and an all round good guy!
ski holidays
@franzClammer, interesting that last vid, some of the turns are perfect L2 level, 2 lines in the snow, others are skidded, I assume you can feel the difference?

Is the GoPro on a ski pole? I like the way you can see you tracks, I have a shorter pole I tried last year which doesn't give as good a view of the tracks as your view does!!
ski holidays
You'll have much better control of your skis if you turn your upper body into a bigger flywheel. Imagine you're just about to give Mr Michelin a bear hug. Tense up those core muscles and push your arms out to increase your angular momentum. When you hit a bump let your suspension take the work and don't flop about.

The left/right movement of your legs is great. I'd like to see more for/aft movement too. Try throwing in a little pause at the feet as you transition between turns so that they get left behind. This'll push the weight forwards on your skis and, hopefully, onto your new edges. Somewhere on here there's a great video of some American instructor doing this on an easy slope with medium turns. His skis are practically stationary between turns.
ski holidays
I want to know where our bumbling intermidiot has gone and what you've done with him! It's not fair you know.

(shuffles off muttering about stuff like raising the bar and how are the rest of us supposed to keep up with this...)

I like the new look. You're definitely becoming a man of the mountain.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy