Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sir, Sir....Am I an Intermidiot yet???

Poster: A snowHead
Phew.....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm sure FC has the physical ability to progress further but the vids suggest that he is not processing the advice from the likes of IOS and scoobysimon which im sure is sound. What he writes really isn't BASI speak at all. Making changes is. What is clear based on 100 pages is posting on the Internet is not the way forward and is actually hindering progress. Take advice on board from those who have done it and have a plan in place with an instructor training team that works for you or just do your own thing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@TTT, Each of us has their own path to follow.
I appreciate your viewpoint, however I don't personally feel the need to make any pivotal decisions regarding my future skiing or training V's fun skiing.
Cheers for sharing your thoughts though.
p.s what do you mean by an "instructor training team" ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ansta1, 100 Today!! Tah Dah............
Bravo that man wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FWIW I got really bored with piste skiing, and going off piste all time after 20 odd years of skiing, following the BASI way has re-invigorated my skiing and made it loads more enjoyable. I can do one run and do a drill, do nowt, or do both without folk even knowing and it makes it all the more enjoyable!!

I can do one or two turns concentrating on something specific then just hack down the rest, or do loads of drills on one run.... that's the beauty of skiing in my view!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
and to answer your post title, crack open a cold one and have a laugh at this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=61720
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I'm sure FC has the physical ability to progress further but the vids suggest that he is not processing the advice from the likes of IOS and scoobysimon which im sure is sound

I'm always intrigued when I read things like this, what do you mean by 'process'
Does FC have some timetable he must follow with this information for it to be deemed processed, why doesn't he/you/everyone just read some books on skiing and watch lots of videos and process it till it's coming out your ears, probably because it's a waste of time and the skills he is learning take time to master through practice and repetition, then analysed by the great snowheads, saying he hasn't taken stuff on board because he doesn't show perfect progression in each video is frankly ridiculous.

This thread is about 20% FC and 80% of people's egos
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@franzClammer, absolutely each to their own. I'd just advise make sure it is something that you really want to do if you want to go instructor route as it does not seem something for you from the vids. I get the impression some of your instructors are exasperated with you.

Instructing can be either a holiday with an experience, company, a few tips and positive feedback like many on here give you which is what the mass market wants. instructor training is more intense, typically basi trainer led, targeted at and with people going for examns and the feedback generally falls into skimarrets harsh but fair category. Not very nice at times and not what most people want but what most people need if they want to follow instructor route. Good for the skiing but i've felt and seen at times that there is a risk of getting hung up on the instructor stuff and losing sight of the fun aspect as someone else mentioned.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@geeo, I'd agree with al lot of that. Found books, vids and over analysis counterproductive. You need to do it, feel it and make changes. If you don't like tough feedback and making changes on command then instructor route is not for you. Certainly see how it has worked for kitenski in his vids though. Only saying not for everyone.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
TTT wrote:
@franzClammer, I get the impression some of your instructors are exasperated with you.

That wouldn't be very professional now would it. Toofy Grin As you say instructing isn't for everyone. I'm teaching a 3 year old tomorrow, I'll try not to become exasperated when he doesn't listen or progress enough
NehNeh Very Happy
Thanks again for your free advice, may I enquire what Level Qualification you hold?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TTT wrote:
@franzClammer, I get the impression some of your instructors are exasperated with you.

They are like ....

http://youtube.com/v/jVfkYZmXHAg
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@DB, Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Could be a lot worse though FC if your instructors were saying this instead wink

Watch from 35seconds in.

youtube.com/v/BqyG_adhtbI

NehNeh NehNeh Laughing NehNeh NehNeh
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How many ski instructors does it take to change a light bulb?

A dozen. One to unscrew the bulb and the rest to analyze the turns.

Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How easy does he make this look Shocked

http://youtube.com/v/4iUs-GDKKog
snow report
Too bloody easy. Somehow he makes it look as if he's not even trying and it should be easy to do.

I know if I tried the same thing I'd just end up in a crumpled heap somewhere around the first turn. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Just came across these on YouTube from Jonathan Ballou, for dealing with moguls. They seem pretty good to me:

http://youtube.com/v/c-yyxcpzV9s

http://youtube.com/v/sYtz0e5JsFY

The one called 'Effectively finishing truns in bumps' also works for turns. Smile
snow conditions
I think the Rookies are a cut above the rest, year round skiers/trainers.
I hope one day to be worthy of their input rolling eyes
ski holidays
Ahh the hockey stop, keeping me in work.
latest report
If your over thinking this and that worried , book a refresher lesson or two , good way to meet people and ease your self back into it
ski holidays
Just departed on eurotunnel Folkestone
snow report
^ Jammy git wink

Hope there are no delays getting up the mountain due to forecasted snow.
ski holidays
Enjoy @franzClammer, looks like you have picked a storming week to get out there.
latest report
FC, are you just there for the next two weeks or will you still be around when half term happens? If you're still around from the 14th then I might see you there.
snow report
@olderscot, i am out in 1850 for half term week.
latest report
@ansta1 Cool. We should keep in touch and see if there's an opportunity to meet up somewhere. I'll be in Meribel with my family and friends but should be able to get away sometime for a sneaky meet up.

I have to admit my thoughts were with FC and his solo ski trip. I'm a little worried he's going to get cabin fever from spending so much time on his own.
snow conditions
@olderscot, sounds like a plan, My girls have a mornings coaching booked with Emily Sarsfield on the Wednesday, I may encourage Mrs Ansta1 to take a morning off for some midweek pampering Very Happy which will give me a window of opportunity for a play on my own.

FC will be fine, he has some new toys to have a play with (wait for the videos....)
ski holidays
So FC, how's it going? Are you still alive? I hope you're sitting there enthused by the wonderful snow conditions with that great feeling of satisfaction that makes you want to go out and celebrate with a few cold beers.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@olderscot, Hi Ya
Yep back safe n sound, thanks for asking
Had lovely 2 weeks. Bit of everything
ski holidays
your still alive wink NehNeh snowHead

Thought you might be burried in some slopeside bar rolling eyes

Looking forward to more vids especially as you seem to have had a bit of everything out there Shocked

( waits for first ever snowhead report on the value for money and technique/style of the snowbunnies Toofy Grin ).
snow conditions
@speed098, Yeh Cool
Two weeks solo, I nearly ended up like this guy

http://youtube.com/v/g7qztj78eoc
latest report
So serious case of tourettes has developed NehNeh you turned to the darkside and forgot that a good way of checking if your edges are sharp enough is to shave with them Laughing

Oh and you have spent most of your time auditioning for the role of Darth Vader in the "3 Valleys strikes back".

Ok the LSD explains it all Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
@speed098, Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/NmR_ahf0FUQ
snow report
@franzClammer, that video made me feel a bit seasick. Where's the camera? Nice quiet pistes. snowHead
snow conditions
Did you make the head mount 360 degree yourself FC ?

Conditions look good are you back out before the EoSB ?
snow report
@pam w, You, Seasick? NehNeh I think not Laughing

@speed098, No, it belongs to Ansta
Re: EOSB, am afraid it is in the hands of the Gods at the mo.
snow report
franzClammer wrote:
@pam w, You, Seasick? NehNeh I think not Laughing

@speed098, No, it belongs to Ansta
Re: EOSB, am afraid it is in the hands of the Gods at the mo.

Have watched a few Youtube/Vimeo clips they are pretty easy to make but the ones I have seen require drilling a hole in the helmet so only good to do on a cheap helmet.
snow conditions
so how is that camera attached? It does make me feel a bit seasick - I think it's the lack of a horizon and all that swaying around.
snow report
@pam w,

These two vids show homemade/DIY versions.

www.diygopro.com/diy-gopro-swivel-helmet-mount-improved/

GoPro HD How To: Build an inexpensive 360 degree swivel mount! from Lorenzo Marianeschi
https://vimeo.com/50197446
snow conditions
The reason it's swaying around is because it needed a little extra weight on the counter balance, i had it set up for a hero3/4 setup and fc has a hero 2 which is a little heavier.

My fault for not mentioning it to him.

As for how it attaches it uses 3m adhesive velcro pad on the helmet and one on the mount.

Happy for a snowhead to try it out if they want sometime.

Currently enjoying the snow in the 3vs, the odd scratchy bit but nothing icy or boilerplate. Busy but not silly busy.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy