Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bandit B2's for £359 from Decathlon - NOW!!

Poster: A snowHead
SMALLZOOKEEPER, What you smoking ? Post-a-Price and if Elizabeth B, buys I'll pick up and deliver to PSB --- what else you have going cheap ( no Marmottes or Chamois thanks) Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zammo, I will be using Profeet for the 1st time soon (hopefully). They have a good reputation on snowHead When I phoned them ,they were not making appts, as their ski boot dept was not open. Let me know if you can get a firm booking Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got loads a stuff. I'm off on my hols Saturday, after the footie, bien sur. But when i get back will post a list with prices. Don't buy fatties 'til then. I'll try and get something up before tommorow if i can. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
markP wrote:
flicksta, If it's green then I believe that is the B3. Which would make it even better value as EB sell them for 525GBP although thats with a better binding. The B2 is blue and is fatter and stiffer than last years model and comes in at 435 with the axium 300.
Still ugly though.

It was the B3's I saw, although they are essentially the old B2. Not big enough for me.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought the new B2 was fatter than the old? So how can the new B3 be "the old B2"??
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Should mention that my new favourite shop has the new B2 at 489euros and the old B2 at 399euros, both with the superior Axial (this season's 120 and last's 100 respectively) rather than Axium bindings. P&P was about 12euro. Payment by Paypal would cost 4% extra I think. I paid for my RX 8s at my local bank by European Payment Service international transfer using SWIFTBIC and IBAN numbers supplied by the shop. Skis arrived 4 working days later.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Elizabeth B, as you say
B2 113 76 93 (last season)
B2 116 78 105 (this season) definitely blue
B3 120 83 110 definitely green
B4 122 94 115
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry guys...getting you a bit excited-what i actually meant was that i got this years B2 for £250 (was actually £240, but hey!), not that i am selling them for that price-and i'm afraid i got them off my brother who gets rossi, salomon and stockli skis half price as he's a BASI instructor...sorry for misleading you all Embarassed
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I bet that even at half UK-price Rossi, Salomon and Stockli aren't selling them at a loss.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
slikedges, Makes you wonder...just how many pairs of skis could a BASI Instructor get through in one season wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowbunny, maybe there are enough here to keep us all in new skis!! Very Happy wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
slikedges, It would work as a plan, if no one queried why they were buying skis in various lengths and at differing ability levels wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowbunny, maybe the BASI skiers we have here are of different sizes and levels? Toofy Grin wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
slikedges wrote:
I bet that even at half UK-price Rossi, Salomon and Stockli aren't selling them at a loss.

Probably not, but they are also selling them direct, so there's no retailler mark-up.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
slikedges wrote:
snowbunny, maybe the BASI skiers we have here are of different sizes and levels? Toofy Grin wink

Sounds like a plan!
See, you want a soft, easy pair for when demonstrating movements to beginners - the soft ski will then make it easier to see what the ski is doing, you'll need a stiffer pair for when you're teaching more advanced skiers, then you'll need a pair for when you're instructing in the park, and a pair for off piste, and a pair for SL, and, since you may well be planning on teaching in France at some stage, you'll obviously need a pair of GS skis too. Wink

That's 6 pairs so far. Then, since you can't demo the skis properly in the UK, you'd better buy at least 2 lengths in each ski, so you get the right ones.

So, my answer is that you can justify a minimum of 12 pairs...

...per manufacturer - I mean, they aren't going to talk to each other about one individual's ski buying.

And that gives us:

36 pairs of skis per season.
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, but how many 5ft midgets are BASI instructors?
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, who says you have to get skis which are related to your height?
I have skiied with a guy whose main skis, when not instructing, are 155cm (but not an SL ski), yet he's over 6ft tall.
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, I think you've shown quite conclusively that this is feasible. Now all we have to do is pin them down and get them to cooperate! Very Happy wink
snow conditions
Went into Decathlon (Sheffield) this am, and they had the new B2 & B3 but no bindings.
snow report
Some years the BASI offers have had a limit as to how many pairs of skis each person can buy, but they don't appear to this year. Looking at the number of 05/06 skis available on the cheap on ebay I reckon someone's making a few quid on the sly! Personally I think anyone who does this is taking advantage and jeopardising future offers - although I would have no qualms about selling them after a season's use and getting back what I paid for them - which would essentially make them free.
snow report
beanie1, don't worry, not serious, though I do think the inflated prices asked of British skiers compared to our US and European peers is a contemptuous and cynical exploitation of the market. Thank goodness for the internet and the single market.
ski holidays
slikedges,

Absolutely.
snow conditions
slikedges wrote:
I do think the inflated prices asked of British skiers compared to our US and European peers is a contemptuous and cynical exploitation of the market. Thank goodness for the internet and the single market.

Although I've not done a systematic comparision, my impression of prices in resort shops in Tignes or Les Arcs as well as the valley towns of Bourg St Maurice or Albertville is that prices are not that much different from here in the UK.

As I recently bought a pair of skis from Germany via the internet I certainly agree about your comment on the single market! Those skis were a real bargain (about 70% less than the retail price in the UK). But I also bought a pair of skis in Snow&Rock during the summer which were 50% off, so it is possible to pick up bargains in this country as well!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy